• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

rundll error

K

kdogg

I have been getting an error lately when I try to install/reinstall windows media player 10 or the latest free version of real player. The error is:
Error Loading C:\Documents. The specified module cannot be found.
Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it? I think that the only time I have seen it come up is when messing with either of the above programs.

K

kdogg

I did check to see that the folder existed when this started, and it is there, so that makes the error even more strange. I have only seen this error while I'm trying to reinstall either program, so I just assumed that the program was looking for something while it was installing.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
are you running windows 98? because thats the only OS that used a C:\documents folder. since then its been under Documents and Settings

K

kdogg

Nope, running xp. There is a c:\documents folder but there is nothing in it.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
are you sure its not a virus or spyware? have you scanned your comp lately? done windows update lately?

K

kdogg

I ran a full virus scan today, and I regularly run adaware and spybot. I also ran cws shredder yesterday. I have my comp set to automatically download updates, but I just checked to see if there was anything new, and no luck.
This is baffling to me, but it seems to only be related to media players. I have installed other software (like cws shredder) since this started and had no problems.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
kdogg,

I haven't run into that problem but you may want to try a google search on the error message. I did a brief one on the message you reported:

Error Loading C:\Documents. The specified module cannot be found.

and it looks like your going to have to wade through a bunch of junk to find your specific problem. Also, doing the same search with quotes around it found nothing.

ziddiri

Reaction score
I think, you must scan with "spybot - search&destroy". it looks like a malware.

kimosabi

Reaction score
hmm, try a different player

real player sucks, and WMP isnt much better

try JetAudio 6
i tried that when i was having trouble with the other pieces of crap, failing that, VLC plays just about anything, then you have the iTunes player (formerly quicktime, now its all one big bundle)

but it looks to me like the software is trying to access a folder that to my recollection, does not exist anyway (dont know why it would be doing that)

i dont remember ever having a folder called that on my C: drive
documents & settings maybe, but not just documents