• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Satellite killed the radio star?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Whats the deal with satellite radio? I don't see it. I can see paying for TV because a lot of people spend a lot of time staring at it.

Sure, we all listen to the radio on occasion in the car or at the office or whatever, but its usually in the background.

Does anyone actually listen to the radio as primary entertainment? No one that I know. So why the hell would you actually pay for it?!! (and don't say Stern, that hardly warrants the cost)

Anyway, I think its a load of crap, what about everyone else.

singhr

Reaction score
I see your point. I guess more people might listen to radio if they didn't talk so much on it and have so many commercials. And I guess if you're paying for it you can select more specific genre's of music that fit each everyone's personal taste.

Who know... I wouldn't pay for it but maybe if the mix of music was really really good without commercials I might consider it.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
CMan,

I wouldn't pay for it either as I don't listen to it that much. And when I do its usually public radio so there aren't that many commercials.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this Stern thing though. I would think that he, personally, will do well (I think his contract was for about $200 million or so) but I can easily imagine that the company paying for this will soon be in bankruptcy. I don't know anyone that uses the service either.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The argument that the Radio companies are making is that "No one ever thought people would pay for cable tv either".

Thats total BULLSHIT! You cannot compare radio to tv, because obviously thats like saying a Ford Focus is the same as a Mercedes

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I'm going to get one this weekend for the wife and I. In the city we live in has very very very select radio (one country, one rock, and cbc (bad stuff)) We usually have to drive abit so would be great for us because it has 80 stations so I'm sure I would find something I like. And on the point of paying for sat. radio....why do people buy cds when you can listen to the radio for free.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Thats just it, who actually buys CDs anymore :lol:

Must be the same people that pay for sex tapes*

*god bless each and everyone of them

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
from my understanding sat radio is primarly used by businesses for nice neutral background music. elevator music is quite often sat radio, some restraunts use sat radio as well....why? honestly i don't know lol.

Gibson

Reaction score
My parents have digital cable, which includes all of the music channels by default (I think). I listen to certain stations all the time when I'm on the computer for background noise since I have no music on their computer anymore. I would play regular television, but tv in generally seems to suck these days.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
I think for people who spend a lot of time on the road and especially for those who travel outside of their familiar radio coverage it's a must-have. Southwest Airlines recently installed XM Radio in a bunch of their planes and I've had the pleasure of sampling it. All that music variety is nice. In your hometown you get maybe what...15 stations that actually have a clear signal? Both XM and Sirius have 70 stations plus there's sports (MLB, NCAA, NASCAR) news. comedy, talk, traffic, etc. And, you don't have to be in your car. The portable players are actually nice and you can pretty much be anywhere to listen to them.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Probably cause its only 10 bucks a month. Come on now, cman paid half a g for a free phone!

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I used to think it was a waste till my car was waiting for a part and I borrowed a buddy's Lexus that had Sat radio. It was great. You can pretty much make it be whatever you want it to be. No commercials, there are about 80 different genre's you can listen to. And yes, as Niz points out, if you were someone who travels in your car alot it would be a godsend. You drive across the US and there are whole stretches where it's nothing but C & W music. If you like that: great. If not: you're screwed.

I think the cable TV comparison is a good one. People pay for cable to get more choice. Same with Sat radio.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I never said I was arguing the quality or the selection of the music. Of course all that is much better than "free" radio. I was simply wondering if matters. I guess asking Americans is the wrong thing to do since I'm talking to the largest consumers in the world LOL. I should be asking this to question to Africans or something haha

Gibson said:
My parents have digital cable, which includes all of the music channels by default (I think). I listen to certain stations all the time when I'm on the computer for background noise since I have no music on their computer anymore. I would play regular television, but tv in generally seems to suck these days.
Yeah, I have those music channels too, but you're not specifically paying for them, they are just included in the cable package. If they weren't for "free", I wouldn't pay extra for them. And yes, TV does suck

Nizzle said:
Southwest Airlines recently installed XM Radio in a bunch of their planes and I've had the pleasure of sampling it.
Radio? PFFFFTTT. Westjet up here has satellite TV in most of their planes :mrgreen:

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Cman said:
Radio? PFFFFTTT. Westjet up here has satellite TV in most of their planes :mrgreen:
I was trying to stay on topic here. But since you're jabbing again...WestJet - A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of JetBlue a US company that was the first to offer satellite TV in its planes. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT. :D