• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Don't Want To Be A Canadian Idiot - FUCK HARPER

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
I suppose atleast Conservatives one some seats that even the Liberals couldn't take from the BQ...Although i'm not sure if that's good or bad.

cableguy

Reaction score
congratulations, CANADA!!! you might be able to prosper and gain back a few freedoms... the conservatives have won, though not a majority...

cman, if you live in the atlantic region of canada, and if you have feelings of neglect, as you reside in a liberal stronghold, you should be pissed at the liberals for neglecting you while they have been in power all this time...

you posted what must have been a news article from the web or from some print column that jumped on harper for not being available to the media... first, count the times "extreme conservative agenda" appears in that article... second, check the date of the article... that particular media source is clearly grinding an axe and trying to influence voters right before an election... no candidate in his or her right mind would get anywhere near that kind of press that close to an election... the media, at least that part of it, is nowhere close to impartial...

there is a working theory that many people have, that there is, has been, and always will be a political chasm between those that own land and those that do not... look at the county map for national elections, and with very few exceptions, counties voting democrat contain large cities... canada must have a similar check in place that doesnt allow the non-landowners to have complete control over the land owners, or vice versa... because of that, sometimes seemingly strange things happen in elections...

do you have something similar to our electoral college??

Darius

Reaction score
Paul Martin

Paul Martin is a loser!!! Ha ha! He is giving up his leadership of the Liberal party. He is like a kid, if he can't win- he doesn't want to play. Yeah I hate Paul Martin, but that doesn't mean that I like Harper... he will just be a lap dog for George Bush, waiting on table scraps. I say we Dig up Trudeau, at least he had something to say when his lips moved!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
cableguy said:
that particular media source is clearly grinding an axe and trying to influence voters right before an election...
yeah, that was kind of my plan :lol:

we don't have an electoral college per se, but we do have a system that fucks up the vote as much as the electoral college does. you know how when Gore got more votes than Bush, but still lost the election? yeah, that happened her last night too.

and darius, i don't personally think he's giving it up, i think he's being fired. thats what the "experts" seem to think

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
That issue started a couple months ago (while the Liberals were still there). Here's what I believe to be the jist (sp?) of the situation.

Being the polite and tolerant people we are as Canadians, we don't like to start shit. However, if you keep pushing us around, then eventually we're going to get pissed off and tell you to shove it.

So thats basically what has happened. Due to our lack of any kind of decent military we haven't done a whole lot to "defend" our artic perimeter. The result of this has been that foreign nations have been left to do whatever they want. Whether its some time of exploration or just taking a "short cut" through our waters.

All that it means is that we've started to crack down on this behavior and are starting to remind everyone, very politely, that is OUR territory and you have to play by the rules. Its ridiculous to suggest that its not our waters, because all you have to do is look at any map and notice that the area in included within what the map defines as Canada. There may be more to it, but thats my take on it.

Red Horse

Reaction score
I suppose you can look at it in two ways:
The Conservative Party is right-wing (although nowhere near as bad as the neo-cons in the U.S.) and any government on the right doesn't like being pushed around, even if it is by an ally.
Or maybe Harper is in a conspiracy whereby he makes it look like he's standing up to the States thus making him less monstrous in Liberal eyes, who then will give him a majority government in the next election...then he can sell us out to Bush and friends :D

cableguy

Reaction score
the electoral college here in the states, and whatever similar system you have in canada, is there to prevent a localized high density population from running roughshod (through government) on property owners who, by definition, arent as closely grouped... city apartment dwellers dont really care about, and in some cases blatantly dislike, the notion of someone owning a bunch of land.. if they outnumber the landowners, there would be a slip in the rights of those landowners.. it is the land owners that generate wealth for a nation and its citizens... the math is simple...

good for harper... you have a leader with a spine... kinda nice, huh??? i have every confidence that my nation and yours can once again exist harmoniously, even though there will never be complete agreement on everything... perhaps harper is doing what is right for Canada, not what is right for his political party or what is right for europe... you have suffered under a long line of liberal weaklings, and now you have someone that might actually do something to make Canada something other than a doormat that feels good about itself... give him some time, you might be surprised...

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
cableguy said:
good for harper... you have a leader with a spine... kinda nice, huh???
i'm going to put on the brakes and stop your right there. that comment has about as much credibility as the outlandish claims that I make regarding the US :lol:

what i mean is i think the liberals had lots of spine. after all, they have stood up to the US and have told you to STFU several times in the past few years (iraq war, missle defence, among other things). if that isn't spine, then what is?

as far as "repairing" the relations with the US go, all that means is that you miss having us as your bitch and want us to lay down and roll over like we used to. fuck that bullshit.

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
what takes guts? saying fuck off we're not going to support you on this war to "the military power of the world" or saying yes sir what ever you say. I'd have to say fuck off takes more guts. My opinion of harper is that he's a spineless christian who's just going to blindly follow bush. good thing bush is headed for a cliff i suppose.

Iceberg

Reaction score
And good thing Harper doesn't have a majority to work with.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yeah its ironic that the election that was pretty unecessary to begin with, actually made the govt even more useless percentage wise. The parties are more even then they were before.

Red Horse

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
And good thing Harper doesn't have a majority to work with.

ANY minority government is, in my opinion, a good thing...it means that, right or left, they can't just shove their agenda down the public's throat...the parties actually have to work together to get things done. The only downside is that, if they can't, we get elections every two years or so, and eventually that leads to someone getting a majority because we just get plain fed up.

cableguy

Reaction score
cman and blazin, you both obviously misunderstood my post... your previous pm was a gutless wonder... sure, he talked tough, but he lacked the stones to do anything more than talk... harper said he is going to reassert canadas authority over territorial waters, and now we wait and see if he will... my guess is that he will follow through on it... it may turn out to be something that is not beneficial to the US, but that should never be a first concern for your nation...

your military is currently a joke... if harper follows through with this sovereignty thing, it may grow into a viable force which could actually be used as more than a bit player in some un peacekeeping mission somewhere.. this is good for canada, whether you can see it or not...

i do not want you to roll over and be our bitch, but i do want you to be respected when you disagree with us, not look like a spoiled baby having a temper tantrum...

what takes guts is not only saying something, but DOING things to back it up... that is why there is so little respect for the united nations in my country.. it talks tough, creates a huge cloud of steam, and then resolutely refuses to actually DO anything..

cman, the parties may be "more equal" than before, but control changed, which means the election wasnt some fart in the wind... the very result means it was worthwhile and justified... had all of the individuals been re-elected, i would certainly agree with you, but they werent..

do what is in the best interests of YOUR country, NOT mine... we both will be better off for it... what part of that are you having a problem with??

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
cableguy said:
do what is in the best interests of YOUR country, NOT mine... we both will be better off for it... what part of that are you having a problem with??
i guess the "problem" i'm having with it is simply our difference of opinion. we define "what's best" as two very different things. thats all. to each their own.

Dekieon

Reaction score
I think what canada needs is government that will look out for the little guy not big business. It doesn't really matter who you vote for as all the parties will do what they can to benefit big business...why? Because they are all stock holders and such. So when big business makes money so do they. We need a governemt what will fix health care, fix education, fix old age security, fix everything that the governments of the past has screwed up!

cableguy

Reaction score
what canada needs is a government that is more concerned with the well being of its citizens than what the US or europe thinks of it... cman, what is there that you disagree with??