• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Filehost rant

yakovitch

Actively social distancing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am really sick & tired of seeing so many posts with links to...

a) Filehosts that are not available to people in certain countries : http://www.unibytes.com & http://turbobit.net still get used quite a bit.

or

b) Filehosts that aren't worth a shiite : http://asfile.com/en & http://1hostclick.com either time out without starting or never come anywhere near finishing (for me, anyways), http://www.mojofile.com requires a Premium account to download from, & http://www.fileworlds.ru is all in Russian which I don't believe a whole lot of people can figure out.

This stuff should be available to everyone who frequents this forum, and I must say it's getting very frustrating to see this continue. Is there some way this issue could be addressed?

Comments and feedback are appreciated (good or bad)

On the subject of filehosts, anyone have any idea when rapidgator wil be functional again?

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
When you encounter a file host that requires premium-only to download (against the forum rules) or those that have restrictions based on country, click the report button, explain which host you are referring to in the report, and the problem with that particular host. While I personally can not guarantee that each and every reported host will make it to the banned host list, the admins may decide to add them if it is obvious that it is becoming a problem.

Also keep in mind that with the fall of MegaUpload and so many other big names, it has caused an explosion of new file hosts trying to cash in on their absence. Given that a new file host seems to pop up roughly twice a week, it will be impossible to filter them all. I'd say it will likely be an ongoing effort by our uploaders (staying aware of host issues) and our downloaders (report button) to help keep the forum clean and files accessible to everyone.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind seeing a thread created dedicated to keeping an ongoing list of hosts that both require a premium membership to download and those that have restrictions based on the downloader's country. Again, I can't promise anything myself but it would be a good start, and at the very least, excellent reference material for uploaders.

Last edited:

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Giving it further thought, this is the second time you have brought this up yako and other uploaders made mention of this same issue in the 'best file host' poll thread as well. Seeing as how both uploaders & downloaders have voiced their concern on the subject, I created a stickied post here that may help keep a running list of file hosts that either....

a:] Require a premium account to download files
or
b:] That have country restrictions

However, there isn't much one can say about a file host's questionable quality if it falls outside of the above two categories and our official banned file host list because we have to take into account the uploader's wants & needs as well. Again, that is ultimately the admins' decision, dealt with on a per-host basis as time goes on. If nothing else, hopefully most uploaders will be generous enough to provide viable mirrors. My hat is off to those that do!

I hope that others will help contribute to the thread I created. I will keep it updated as more file hosts are submitted by our members. NOTE: the thread I created is not the official NCF banned file host list. It is for reference only. The official NCF banned file host list is part of the Forum Rules.

yakovitch, I borrowed your list from this thread and the list you made in the file host poll thread if you don't mind.

Last edited:

yakovitch

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was hoping to avoid reporting other members' posts, but since I have PM'ed them about this issue without any response or action taken I suppose that is the course I shall take. I don't wish to deter anyone from posting stuff, I'd just like them to use better judgement when choosing a filehost. Nobody wants to see something they desire dangled in front of them without any means of obtaining it (well, maybe a masochist).

Edit: Thank you Error_404, I think the thread should be very helpful and is truly necessary. Especially given the current state of file sharing.

jonboy

Informer
Reaction score
I SUSPECT WE WILL SEE AN EXPLOSION OF RUSSIAN HOSTS SOON!

(In capitals to emphasise my point)

As an addendum maybe in the Babes section people should be forced to upload the whole photoset (individual pics) if below a minimum MB level. Such as I do with my posts, it might be annoying to those who want to download in one go, but, at least the pics are available for everyone.

yakovitch

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As an addendum maybe in the Babes section people should be forced to upload the whole photoset (individual pics) if below a minimum MB level. Such as I do with my posts, it might be annoying to those who want to download in one go, but, at least the pics are available for everyone.

I agree with your suggestion, but I've been warned in the past about having too many pics in a single post so I'm wondering if that could be an issue.

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I agree with your suggestion, but I've been warned in the past about having too many pics in a single post so I'm wondering if that could be an issue.

Using smaller thumbs might help. The subject on limiting thumb size came up not long ago.

yakovitch

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been questioning myself about the use of bigger thumbs... I'm old and always pie-eyed, so they make it easier for me. But I can understand if some folks don't like them. If the powers that be would prefer them not to be used or have some sort of guideline in mind, please let us know.