• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Scratch On Car Windshield

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Okay...I don't know how it got there but here are two options...

My friend put a french tickler on my wiper and I then put my wipers on...

My wipers just scratched it...

Whichever it is...there's a big scratch across my windshield and it's just enough to be a pain while I'm driving. Has anyone ever had their windshield scratched by their wipers? Is there anything to do that can fix it?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

I had something similar happen quite a while ago (at least as far as the scratch is concerned) so, if I remember correctly, you need to as least take it to someone that specializes in windshields. Way back when the only option was to replace the windshield but I think there are other options today.

One last thing. I don't know where you live but start asking friends if there is anyone locally that puts windshields in at a greatly reduced rate. The mainstream places are pretty expensive. In the town I was living in at the time I found some guy in a little truck that got me a windshield from a junkyard and put it in for half price or less.

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
It all depends on how deep the scratch is. If the scratch is just topical take some rubbing compound and a high speed buffer, apply just like you would removing a scratch from paint.

tommy13

somewhat respected
Reaction score
Texan said:
It all depends on how deep the scratch is. If the scratch is just topical take some rubbing compound and a high speed buffer, apply just like you would removing a scratch from paint.

I know the buffer will work i have done it many times.

cableguy

Reaction score
unless you h ave storage insurance on your car, you probably have full glass coverage... if you do, get a new windshield, and it wont cost you a dime... if you dont, consider this a lesson learned and add it... it costs about a dollar or so for the term of your policy...

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

I'd be careful with cable's advice as it depends on which insurance company you have. Some companies (not all) will penalize you for bothering them with such a small thing by raising your rates. If I were you, I'd leave the insurance company out of this.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
I took it to a local place here that specializes in cleaning cars and he buffed it and everything...and nothing would work. He said that if it was going to come off...it would have with the buffer and all the stuff he put on it. He said you can barely feel the scratch...

Oh well...my dad wanted me to get glass coverage because I don't think I have it...but I don't know...it's kind of a pain.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

I guess that as long as the scratch isn't cracking the pane (a lot of states have laws against cracked panes) and you can live with the scratch, just live with it. If you can't live with it then your only option is to replace it. Although replacing it really isn't all that difficult, you do need some specific tools which are unique to the business. I'd start looking around for that guy in the little truck or call around to some of your local junk yards to see if you can find a replacement. Then find someone to install it.