• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

C00D11B1

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I use to be really good with the old media players and their codecs, but as of late with the different format players, and Windows not really displaying the type of file it is (mpg,avi,wmv) it's become difficult to make sure you have everything just to play a media file...especially those that are now divx with mp3 audio.

Anyhow....on some videos I get "player encounter problem and wont play video" etc.....to which I have to close or click web help.

For some I can hear the audio. but no see the video, or see the video and not hear the audio.

At this point I click web help and get

C00D11B1

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.5721.5230&id=C00D11B1&contextid=87&originalid=80070057

I don't know how to fix this problem. I have WMP 11 and Divx. I tried Xvid, but that doesn't have all the codecs I need to play the other files right....and i even uninstalled and re-installed Divx, and installed the latest version but no luck.

It may have something to do with the DRM, but I'm really not sure.

Any recommendations?

HOBBAM

Reaction score
aren't there any codecs are anything that I can use to correct this though?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

Somehow missed this. Something I learned from this forum a long time ago is to use Media Player Classic and quit using the most recent version of Media Player. I would just do a Google search for MPC and be careful where you download it from. Its worked very well for me. VLC works well also.

reiko_sawamura

Reaction score
I would also suggest getting the Combined Community Codec Pack, I think it comes prepackaged with a few players as well.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
For whatever reason, they use to play file in WMP...up until a certain point...now some don't play, or play the audio, but not video and vice versa.....the only way to see them now is using the DIVX player and doing an OPEN WITH.....I tried the Windows Media Player Classic, which had worked on another computer with other codecs...but when I downloaded it and then tried to use it with the videos that weren't playing, it didn't work either....I just know now that I can only play it in the DIVX player

marquis

Reaction score
There's a recent (I believe) all purpose freeware player called SMPlayer.It can play pretty well every format from Real Media to Quicktime with all the usual ones like wmv , asf , avi .etc.
It's got a good image capture facility and offers video enhancement controls including gamma plus a lot of other features.
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net