• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

digital cameras

hodgepodge

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a digital camera soon before my trip to hawaii and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on which one to get. I would like a high optical zoom (above 5x), at least 3 meagpixels but preferably more and have a price range of <$500 (that is less than $500 for all of those who struggled in math...)

So... any suggestions?

singhr

Reaction score
First of all, no matter what anyone says, go Canon. For the mid priced consumer end camera's you'll find nothing better than a Canon. You will find other camera's from other manufacturers that are good, but other companies are always so hit-and-miss with their cameras. Canon is always on the mark with clear, balanced color, and clarity. Probaby for what you're requirements are, I would recommend the Powershot S1 IS: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s1is.html

It has a 10x Optical zoom. The one advantage with going with a canon camera with a long focal length like this is having Canon optics. This camera has little barrel distortion and pin cushioning.

It also includes the Digic II processor which is by part, the best image processor in this industry. The nice this about this camera is the pull out LCD screen which canon originally brought out with its higher priced G series camera's about 6 years ago. It's great for taking shots that are really low or really high up as you can adjust the screen to view what you're shooting better.

This camera also has an image stabilizer which helps with shooting in low light conditions. Also, the video mode is excellent on this unit having the ability to take up to 1 hour of consecutive video.

Great camera. Highly recommended. If for some reason this doesn't fit your needs, PM and I'll recommend something else. I used to sell cameras and this was one of our best sellers. 3.2 MP will allow you print up to and 8X10 with minimal moire on detailed shots.

BigD

Reaction score
I have a Kodak 7430 4MP but it all depends on what you are using it for.I bought mine to email pics to family overseas but I had to adjust settings because the 4MP gave great pics but just too big for email purposes.Cost Aus$430.
I was told the more optical zoom and less digital the better.

singhr

Reaction score
BigD said:
I was told the more optical zoom and less digital the
better.
All that digtal teleconverters - aka digital zoom are is more or less "on-the-fly" cropping tools. Basically you get the same thing if you took the picture on your full optical capability, and then went into photoshop to crop a certain area, and then made that cropped area larger. All you get is tons of noise and pixels. Never never never buy a camera based on how much digital zoom it has. Remember, a good digital point-and-shoot camera will allow add-on adapter rings that will support the use of actual teleconversion lenses if you need more zoom.

MysterioX

Reaction score
Yeah canons generally a great make.
Im looking to get a digital slr and i heard canon is great for them.
Also linux make some fucking awesome lenses.
Ill post up some photographs that ive taken if you want?
is there alreadya thread for that?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Probably isn't one.

Incase people are wondering, MysterioX is formerly known as Ohm17

MysterioX

Reaction score
here's some of mine...

and this is my favourtie photographer...

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
damn, those are awesome. although i guess most of the credit has to go to mother nature lol

MysterioX

Reaction score
yeah mother nature true...
also helps if you know your camera inside out and have good placement,lighting etc.