• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Upgrade worthwhile?

jannasvensonuk

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm useless with computer stuff so need your advice!

I need to upgrade my PC for some new games.

I'm aware I need to increase my RAM and graphics card but wondered if that's even worth while with the PC I have - It's XP which is fine, but the processor is an Intel Celeron D 3.19Ghz. In other words, is it worth upgrading with this kind of processor or time to get a new PC?

Value your comments :headbang:

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I would say that for the price, upgrade your PC. I recently went from a P4 3.06G to a Duocore 2.4G, XP to Windows 7.
Everything is faster,and I don't see any big differences in the O/S.
I heard somewhere that the duocore processors are being discontinued so you should be able to get some good deals, new or used.
I talked to a hardcore gamer, and he had to upgrade to an 8core just to keep up.

You can install your harddrive in a new computer, keeping all your old files.

You also have to check the requirements of any upgrade to see if it will even work with your pprocessor.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
jannasvensonuk,

Hi all

I need to upgrade my PC for some new games.

I'm aware I need to increase my RAM and graphics card but wondered if that's even worth while with the PC I have - It's XP which is fine, but the processor is an Intel Celeron D 3.19Ghz. In other words, is it worth upgrading with this kind of processor or time to get a new PC?

I used to do a lot of gaming but not so much anymore. We used to have a saying that if you wanted to be a really good gamer, and keep up with the newest games, you could expect to replace your machine about every two years.

You should probably check the requirements for the games your interested in and then decide how much money you really want to spend because keeping up in gaming can get to be a bit expensive.

Also, learn to build your own desktop. Its not that hard and will save you mucho dinero when you need to upgrade. If you stick with gaming that would probably be often.