• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Can Anyone Help? Something Wrong with My PC

Fluoresce

Reaction score
Hi, guys,

If anyone can help me with this problem, I will appreciate it.

The other day, I installed a Firefox update. During the update, I got some kind of error which said something about Symantec. The only Symantec program on my PC is Norton Internet Security. Since the update, my PC has been taking ages to start. Before, it would start in a few seconds; now, it takes a few minutes.

What could be the problem?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Fluoresce,

Try this.

First, uninstall Firefox totally. Reboot the machine and see if your speed returns. If it seems normal, reinstall Firefox and keep careful track of the process. Make a note of any error messages that show up. That should take care of the problem.

But this could also be a Norton problem. If the first option doesn't work, let us know as the Norton problem could be a real pain.

Fluoresce

Reaction score
Mindido, thanks for the help! :beer:

I tried what you said but it's still the same: my PC takes very long to start. I think the problem's with Norton, so I've contacted them and await a response.

Thanks for the help, once again.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a problem last week with a free version of symantec that I got through my college. I uninstalled and everything works fine now.

Boborum

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with Norton, so I contacted them - Symantec do not support Firefox and have no plans to. I got rid of costly Norton 360 and replaced it with freeware and seem to have better security now than before.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is to not use Norton. Its known for being a resource hog and it causes more problems than it helps.

There are several other anti-virus and firewall programs that you can use, that are much "lighter" and also free. AVG for example.

ngmar

Reaction score
I have to agree with Cman. I got the biggest and baddest version of Norton when I first got my PC. All it did was use a shitload of resources, slow everything down, and as a million questions. I have never gone back.

Now I just use a few freeware programs and all is well.

cleverendeavor7

Reaction score
Get rid of Norton, ASAP. Unfortunately, Symantec entrenches itself within your registry, so it'll never be truly gone unless you do a clean install of the OS. I recommend AVG or another freeware program, but AVG currently offers all kinds of scanning options, as well as a firewall option. That, and use Windows Defender for your spyware issues and you should be golden.