• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Bluetooth Headsets

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a Bluetooth headset they love? I’ve been reading a lot of reviews on them lately and there doesn’t seem to be one model that a majority of users thinks is great. I started using Skype, and since my T-Pad has Bluetooth I thought I’d dip my toe in the water. So after reading all sorts of reviews I got the Motorola H700…their latest generation…$120 at Best Buy.

Everything is great except the sound of my voice. Just F’n awful. I don’t have a Bluetooth phone. Do they work better that way as opposed to working through a computer and Skype?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey Preferred,

I'm not all that familiar with Bluetooth (I've set it up on a few machines and was able to get it running) but I do know a bit about microphones. Virtually all of the stuff that you would buy commerically is going to be pretty poor, they're just not going to want to put the money into a good mic. My info is pretty old (over 20 years) but when I was in the recording industry we only used Shure, Electrovoice (EV) and sometimes Sennheiser mics. If they have something, Shure would probably be your best choice as they were built very well for the road, very sturdy. EV and Sennheiser were very good but finicky. EV's had to be carefully packed for the road but Sennheisers only stayed in the studio.

I'm sure the info isn't all that dated as Shure SM-57 and 58's are still used on just about every video where the mic. is shown.

So if you want something of quality, investigate the Shure line (do check and make sure its the professional, and not the commercial, line). You'll probably pay a bit more but it will do what you want. And you won't find the professional line at Best Buy or CompUSA. You'll need to check online or find a local business that caters to that type of thing.

Good luck.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I have the capability of using one with my phone, but I'm too cheap to buy the headset lol. I think they're a little pricey aren't they?

I would think they would only be useful if you spend all day on the phone. If you only make a call here and there, like i do, its not really worth it.

maddgreek

Fap Fap Fap Fap
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i got the MOTOROLA JS815 for my razr and its awesome. i can leave my phone in the office and it will work within 40 feet of it. the sound and speech quality is awesome and it was only 55 bucks with a 20 dollar rebate at cingular.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Ya know cman, some of ‘em are pricey…like $100 US or more. But the reviews I’ve read say that price doesn’t necessarily mean a lot…maybe more battery life. But some of them are down in the $40 - $50 range US.

I know what you’re saying about mic quality Min. But it seems so many of the BT headsets don’t even have as good of mic quality as a $20 wired Jabra. It can’t just be mic quality. I think they’re trying to make all the BT ones look like something off Star Trek with the little mic boom back by your ear. Looks cool, doesn’t work.

Today I went out and swapped for the Plantronics 640. Better sound from the mic, but not much. I may run out and swap for the Moto 815 since Greek likes that. I’m going to give it a try Greek. Don’t be mad at me if I don’t like it. I can’t have people complain’n on the other end.

singhr

Reaction score
Cman said:
I would think they would only be useful if you spend all day on the phone. If you only make a call here and there, like i do, its not really worth it.
I don't have a bluetooth headset but have a regular wired jabra headset and I use it a lot. My company should be buying me a new phone pretty soon so when they do, I will probably get a bluetooth one as I take all my work calls (technical calls) on my cell and it'll be nice to not have any wires :)

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Singhr, let us know how you like it. I just talked to a guy at Best Buy who said my complaints are pretty common for BT. Everybody complains about the quality of the mic. The local Best Buy gave BT headsets to 8 managers for the very reason you want one. Three months later only 2 of them are still using them.

So I ended up with a $20 corded cheapo headset with a boom that comes all the way around to my mouth. Sounds better than all the BT headsets I've tried put together. I think it's that little mic boom that doesn't even get to your cheekbone.

singhr

Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Singhr, let us know how you like it. So I ended up with a $20 corded cheapo headset with a boom that comes all the way around to my mouth.
We'll see first if my boss decides to buy me one first :) I have a buddy of mine who has an aftermarket brand one and he likes it. If I have to shell out for one though It'll be a hard sell as my stuff takes a beating and replacing a $20 wired unit hurts a lot less than a $80+ BT unit.. :lol: