• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

High Fuckin Tech

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Kodak already stopped making film cameras a couple years ago.

Digital cameras are just too awesome and film can't really compete. I don't care what you say about film, they only people who still use film are the same retards that swear that vinyl sounds better than CDs.

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST, MAN!!!!!!!!

OFFicerJACK

Reaction score
Cman said:
Kodak already stopped making film cameras a couple years ago.

Digital cameras are just too awesome and film can't really compete. I don't care what you say about film, they only people who still use film are the same retards that swear that vinyl sounds better than CDs.

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST, MAN!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure where I saw this, it was several years ago, but I read where ASA 400 film (fast, but grainy) had a grain size that would be equal to about 4000 dpi. Now some of your most expensive digital SLR's will do this, but not the garden variety you find at Best Buy. I'm not sure, but I don't think there's a digital camera made that will give you the same resolution as a 4x5 medium format Hassleblad. (BTW do they still make those???). However, most of us are not interested in making studio portraits. And if you think you need a lot of resolution to use as evidence in court, just remember the Zapruder movie catching John Kennedy's assasination. People can do a lot with just a little.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yes, its true that some film is somewhat higher resolution than digital cameras, but I am of the opinion that its negligable and hard to notice the difference with the human eye.

I have a measely 3.2 megapixel digital camera and I think my pictures look fine, let alone if it was 8 or 10 megapixels. Even if my pictures didn't look as good as film cameras, I still prefer digital cams for the other millions reasons that they are superior.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
CMan,

I wasn't defending the extended use of film, in most applications it is outdated. I can't imagine being a war correspondent today and still using film. My point was that it really is a milestone when a company like Nikon (arguably the maker of one of the finest camera bodies in the world) finally decides to quit manufacturing them.

OFFicerJACK

Reaction score
mindido said:
CMan,

I wasn't defending the extended use of film, in most applications it is outdated. I can't imagine being a war correspondent today and still using film. My point was that it really is a milestone when a company like Nikon (arguably the maker of one of the finest camera bodies in the world) finally decides to quit manufacturing them.

I agree.

The Young One

exp0sed Fantasy Football Champ
Reaction score
mindido said:
(vertically instead of horizontally)
Alright, I'm 99% sure im nieve, but why does it take that long for someone to say:
Guy Who works with Computers: Hmm, lets go up and down instead of side to side.
Guy from Guiness commercials: Brilliant!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The Young One said:
LOL! that guy is great

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Young One said:
Alright, I'm 99% sure im nieve, but why does it take that long for someone to say:
Guy Who works with Computers: Hmm, lets go up and down instead of side to side.

TYO,

LOL! And I don't know exactly why it took so long to figure out vertical is better than horizontal but I guess you'd have to look at the history of storage. It probably was easier initially and the technology allowed it.

Gotta love those Guinness guys.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Its because of changes just like that, that I always recommend not to go out and blow a whole bunch of money on new systems. Things change too fast with these infernal machines and, soon enough, its obsolete. It will be interesting though to see if that actually takes off. Imagine, your whole computer in a couple of pens!

I saw that article on the HD recently and thought it was interesting but, I wouldn't do it, at least right now. Too many problems.

First, its only a max of 4 Gigs. You can't stick a 2, 4, 6, 8 or 16 Gig chip (as if they make them anyway) in there. Any of us would fill that up in a week or two with all the video thats now available.

Second, the price. $150 for the card sounds OK until you realize that you then have to buy RAM (and lots of it) for it to work. Figure on at least $100 per 1 Gig chip so add another $400 to $450 to the price. $550 to $600 for a HD? Not me anytime soon.

Third, since RAM is volatile, any memory stored in it is usually gone as soon as the computer is turned off. They say in the article that I read that, as long as the computer is plugged in your OK. And if the power goes out you have about 10 hours to get the power back on before the internal battery goes out! Yikes! No where near enough time. Unless you have a UPS and a generator.

Right now, I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole.

Last edited:

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
Right now, I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole.

Ditto, for all the reasons Min gave. I think the more interesting direction is flash memory as a long term storage replacement.