• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

PSA: Is the forum slow for you?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
If you are using Internet Explorer and the forum appears to be really slow, then try using Firefox.

I don't know why exactly (probably because IE is a piece of crap), but the forum is much faster and quicker to load in Firefox. So if its pissing you off, then that is the solution.

DOWNLOAD FIREFOX HERE: www.getfirefox.com

Last edited:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman,

I'm using Firefox so it seems fine to me. Do people really still use IE?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
mindido said:
Cman,

I'm using Firefox so it seems fine to me. Do people really still use IE?
yeah, still the majority of the population. at least according to my server stats :fag:

the worst is when i'm redesigning and have to compensate for the innaccuracies in IE programming. its not very W3C compliant.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Ya know guys, I'm on Firefox these days but there are way too many times I have to switch over to IE. Lots of videos don't play in Firefox, other stuff.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Ya know guys, I'm on Firefox these days but there are way too many times I have to switch over to IE. Lots of videos don't play in Firefox, other stuff.

I never said it was perfect, but this forum DOES work better in Firefox. So thats the point, regardless of anything else

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
but this forum DOES work better in Firefox.

Yea I agree with you there. Pages load faster. There's a pause whenever its about to paint a new page with IE.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:

Preferred,

Do you have all of the plugins and extensions? Periodically I'll run into something but you usually have the option of downloading the plugin.

Also, if your surfing a lot of adult sites, make sure you have the NoScript extension. It could really save you from a drive by attack.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
Preferred,

Do you have all of the plugins and extensions? Periodically I'll run into something but you usually have the option of downloading the plugin.

Also, if your surfing a lot of adult sites, make sure you have the NoScript extension. It could really save you from a drive by attack.

I'm sure I don't Min. I'm just playing with it. This is what frustrates me about Firefox though. So many people tell me it's more secure, easier, etc. Then they all start talking about all the stuff I'm supposed to add on, fix, patch. I like my little Forecastfox extension, the autofill 0.3 sucks, and now I need a no script extension for this do-everything-more-secure-than-IE browser?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I would recommend just going to the extension site and browsing through them all. Just add whatever you want and then you have them. Its kind of a build-your-own-browser idea. Different people like different features, so this way you can add the ones you want and skip the ones you don't.

One of the best plugins is the "IE View" plugin, which ads an Open In IE link to your right click menu. Good for those pesky video links that don't work ;)

Mozilla and Netscape have always required that you install plugins, since they were invented. The only reason why IE doesn't require it as much is because its built into Windows. If IE wasn't a Microsoft product, it would probably require it too.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
One of the best plugins is the "IE View" plugin, which ads an Open In IE link to your right click menu. Good for those pesky video links that don't work ;)

Actually I do have that one too cman. W/O that I'd scrap Mozilla. I was on the MS Knowlegebase last night researching a problem, and that doesn't always display right in Mozilla. No secret why, but the fact is if that site doesn't work for me, I've got a real problem.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
I was on the MS Knowlegebase last night researching a problem, and that doesn't always display right in Mozilla. No secret why, but the fact is if that site doesn't work for me, I've got a real problem.

Firefox doesn't work well at any of the MS sites that I've been to. It won't work at all at MS Update.

It just takes a while to get used to Firefox, I rarely use anything else nowadays. And I really like the extensions and plugins (IE does require some of those also) as many are really useful (Forecast Fox). Just keep using it and you'll get the hang of it.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
And I really like the extensions and plugins (IE does require some of those also) as many are really useful (Forecast Fox). Just keep using it and you'll get the hang of it.

I do like that one a lot. Is there a better autofill one than this Autofill 0.3 one I have? It always seems to put the wrong info in one or more yellow boxes.

C

Cobra

fyi, I don't even have ie on my machine so believe me FF works just fine

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
cobra,

I take it you must have a Mac or be using Linux.

C

Cobra

No, I'm using xp home. There are other ways to use windows update than ie.

I have to admit tho, getting ie off your xp system isn't easy and I'm sure it's buried in there somewhere. Some of these MS proggys just don't like to be unistalled.

It's not often but from time to time I do hit a site that looks for what browser is being used and will redirect you if it's not ie. Those sites don't deserve my patronage.

With the MediaPlayerConnectivity extension there are very few movies I can't see.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
why would you bother uninstalling it? why not just leave it alone and not use it. you don't have to use it just because its there haha

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cobra said:
No, I'm using xp home. There are other ways to use windows update than ie.

Cobra,

OK, I'm game. Other than allowing MS to download everything, I'm not familiar with how to use Update with anything other than IE. Please explain.

Also, I'm with Cman. Just leave IE alone and don't use it (except for update). And I don't think you can totally remove it. I've tried that in the past using Add/Remove Programs but IE was still there.