• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Am I fucked, or am I royally fucked?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I thought I had decent knowledge of computers, but I guess I was wrong. A couple days ago I was using my laptop, when the screen went crazy and I shut it down. When i tried to turn it on again, Windows would not boot. I ran the pre-boot tests and the hard drive failed the DST test. I decided, probably wrongfully, to go ahead and format and reinstall, it probably needed it anyway. I did that today and everything seemed fine, it was running great and I was getting things reinstalled when it does the same god damn screen freakout and I had to shut it down. When i tried to turn it on again, it would power on, load the BIOS, and then shut down. Then I hit it, so now it does jack shit.

So, I ask the question, am I fucked, or am I royally fucked?

(this has been a suck ass first semester for me in college, oh happy day)

staybright69

Reaction score
Poor devil....

It has been my experience that once a drive fails the DST, it is time to replace it. I have tried reformatting these drives a couple of times and had them crash later, so now I tell the person to get a replacement.

Several of the computers I have worked on with bad hard drives would give a message telling me it is seeking a drive and will do it forever until I shut it off. One of them did as you described and just shut down when it could not find and drive to load.

As for it not powering up after you hit it; you can only hope that it not a connection loose depending on where you hit it.

I would try putting a replacement drive in first while at the same time checking the connections you can see.

Good luck

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
There are different levels of formatting. A standard formatting that you do at home would not be able to repair a damaged hard drive. The only way to fix a hard drive that has serious problems is with a low-level format, which usually only manufacturers and some computer repair stores can do.

So basically, if your drive is fucked, there's nothing you can do and will have to buy a new one. The good news is that if you get the BIOS screen, then that means your other parts are still working. If it doesn't nothing at all, your MOBO may be fried.

KABOOM

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After the second "burnout" I got nothing, which led me to hit it. But I did talk to the indians at Dell, and they're sending someone to replace the mobo and hard drive. Thank god for warranties! And for a college with about 8 computer labs, and a girlfriend with an extra laptop.

Madrat

Reaction score
chanhe the harddrive had the same thing happen

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Now that you mention its a Dell, that makes more sense. Its your own fault for buying a Dell lol

staybright69

Reaction score
The sad thing is that Dell used to be the brand to buy until the last couple of years. Now they are no better than the other "out of the box" companies.

Beware of the rep that they send to help you. In my area they use a nationally recognized company to provide on site service. I had a laptop I used for work that was still under warranty and they send them out to replace my mobo. It tool them several visits to fix the stuff the first couple of guys screwed up.

KABOOM

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The sad thing is that Dell used to be the brand to buy until the last couple of years. Now they are no better than the other "out of the box" companies.

Beware of the rep that they send to help you. In my area they use a nationally recognized company to provide on site service. I had a laptop I used for work that was still under warranty and they send them out to replace my mobo. It tool them several visits to fix the stuff the first couple of guys screwed up.

Thanks for the warning, I'll try to watch him, i have put a few comps together, but they were macs back in 8th grade. So I doubt I can do too much. And Cman, after this crap, and having to ask the rep i spoke to about 30 times to repeat himself because his accent was thick, (as in "Thank you, come again") I doubt I'll ever go through Dell again. I just gotta figure out if there is a way to build my own laptop, or i'll just get an IBM thinkpad through my school, any repairs are free. Too bad I didn't know that earlier.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I hae an HP laptop that I've very happy with. Get an HP

I partially disagree. They do have some good high end stuff, like their heavy duty servers, but their cheapo home crap was never worth buying.

staybright69

Reaction score
In my early years before I started building my own, I used to own Dell and swore by them because their computers seemed indestructible.
Way back in the days that Windows 3.1 and 95 were around I used to play with Dos and Windows code to try and learn the system. I lost track of how many times I reloaded those computers because I triggered the blue screen of death with my sometimes haphazard attempts.
Despite all of my tinkering and the fact that those computers were running constantly, they never actually failed on me. I even loved Dell support back then because you could call them up and they almost always had someone who could bail me out if I didn't want to completely start over.
You are right about them now on the low end because I have worked on a couple that were total crap and the friends who owned them now hate the customer service because they could never seem to understand them.

KABOOM

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So yesterday I get a call at 11:55 am to set up my appointment to get my computer fixed. They were supposed to call between 10:00-12:00, so he just got in there. He's sounds baked as hell on the voicemail he left, since I was in class. I call him back, and he forgot who I was. After 5 minutes spent reminding him, he finally gets it and says that he can do tomorrow night @ 5:00 pm, which is good for me.

So I skip outta class early cause I know he won't be able to find the biggest college in Omaha, even though he's been here longer than the 3 months I have. Sure enough, I get a call at about 4:30 asking where he's supposed to go. I give him directions and know he'll call again. He does at about 5 and says a server at the airport crashed and he has to go fix it. I'm skeptical in the least, but know that no matter what I say, he ain't coming tonight. He says he'll come the same time tomorrow.

This computer was bought through my parents, because they had the money and it was a graduation present, yay graduating high school. So they call me a half hour later, saying that they got an email (finally) about the part that was sent. The dumbasses only sent the motherboard, not the hard drive. So long story short, with repeated hang ups and cussing outs on my part and the parents, we have to wait until tomorrow to get clearance for them to send a new laptop. And they told me the tech guy had filed his report in already, saying he replaced the part and everything was in working order.

Advice for the kids out there: DON'T BUY A FUCKING DELL COMPUTER, THEY'RE CHEAP PIECES OF SHIT THAT FUCKING FALL APART AFTER 7 MONTHS AND ARE SHITTY AT BEST. YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THE DAMN INDIANS WHO ARE TALKING ANYWAY, AND THEY GET PISSED AT YOU WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO REPEAT SOMETHING. FUCK THEM ALL, MAY DELL ROT IN FUCKING HELL WITH THE SUCCUBUS AND JFK. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
DON'T BUY A FUCKING DELL COMPUTER

Lol. I've been telling people that for years. Used to recommend them, but not at all lately!?! Nebraska is it? U.T. originally, but I am now a giant fan after the USC game. Is that you in the pic?