• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

2 computers... 1 ip address?

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Wasn't really sure about this, but thought I'd ask.

I have a two computers. Desktop and a laptop. Both are connected wirelessly to the same router.

Because they share the same router...does that mean that they give off the exact same ip address. I've noticed that when I try to download anything... say...anything from rapidshare, etc...on one computer....when I would go to do it for the other computer....it would say that I've already downloaded xxxxxmb/kb and have to wait....which I assume means that it's detecting the same ip address.

So is that true, that 2 computers....either "on" at the same time, or not, but share a router, will give off the same ip address?

The "main" reason I wanted to check, was because I frequent another forum (not this one, it's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT forum)...and provided a lot of things for that forum...but now want to step back, and just view the forum freely, without being asked about providing things, etc, and not try to be rude or whatever, by constantly having to respond. So, I set up another account on the other computer...but wanted to make sure that the other forum knew I was a different person.

So, again, I just wanted to ask about that ip/router/2 computer.... question....just to make sure.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
websites should see one IP, the IP your ISP gives you (your router)

internally, your router gives your two computers local IPs usually around 192.168.1.1 or so...

the router has one ip, and thats what the world sees you as.

so even with the two computers it would still give the same ip address....even if both are have a different local with that .1 or so at the end (which I figured, since it shared the same router).....one could see that it came from the same place, etc....right? Just wanted to see if there was enough of a difference (two seperate computers) to mask that.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
yes, no matter how many computers you have, only 1 IP would be visible. that being whichever is connected directly to the internet (ie. the router)

Epc525

Reaction score
all computers on the router go through the same default gateway aka your routers ip adress connected to your isp. Your router uses a narrow class of IP's to set to the computers connected to it. and Yes networking can be very confusing.

stu2906

Reaction score
what about using a proxy? or just enable the "invisible" box if the forum has one?

Epc525

Reaction score
what about using a proxy? or just enable the "invisible" box if the forum has one?

Actually couldn't you just not sign in. I mean is this some super forum that identifies people and persecutes them by ip address?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Actually couldn't you just not sign in. I mean is this some super forum that identifies people and persecutes them by ip address?

i like to persecute people for many different reasons. sometimes no reason at all.

fag.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score

Stu,

I've tried using proxies a few times and have had little success with them. And I'm not even sure they would work anymore since I'm behind a router. When I used to play with them I rarely found one that hadn't been used recently. I'd pick one and then go to RS and it would still tell me to wait. So I just quit using them a while ago.