• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Please help me mother fuckin fuck fuck shit

snowcow

Reaction score
onerythym said:
dont you love that nearly the first thing support will tell you, in any situation, is update your drivers.

except the occasional "better drivers" messing shit up worse.

i was thinking of upgrading my catalyst drivers... thinking twice now.

I went from Catalyst 6.2 to 6.6 on my X800XT AIW jsut the other day and have had no problems since. I used the ATi uninstall tool to get rid of everything, did a reboot, and then installed the new drivers, control centre etc.

Maybe I was lucky?:confused:

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Angmar said:
Sometimes it works that way, and sometimes it doesn't. Let me tell you, when it doesn't, you'll want to pull what ever amount of hair you have left on your head out.
Unfotunately, I have a lot of hair...really thick and lustrous too.

Your tweak didn't work...thanks for the effort, though. On the phone with ATI now. Stay tuned.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
ATI has no clue what this is. I keep getting an "Access is Denied" error when I try to load the drivers through admin. I'm thinking its some permissions snafu in XP, but I have no idea where to look. I set up my ATI Tech folder in the registry for full control in permissions on all accounts, but that didn't work either. FUCK!!!!!!!! I REALLY don't want to reinstall XP.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Nizzle said:
I REALLY don't want to reinstall XP.

I just did mine last weekend. Prob took 4 hours out of my weekend. How much time do you have fighting with ATI? I know, you've got some "trial" software you'll have to work to get back. But your computer will run so much F'n better when you're done.

You just get a good game going on the tube, then you pretty much click "yes" every 20 minutes for a few hours.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
LOL, I can't even find the XP Pro disk. Wait, did Dell even send me one?

stu2906

Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Reps to Angmar.

EDIT: I lied. Tried to rep Angmar after I posted and it wouldn't let me. Somebody back me up on this please.

It let me, sometimes it won't though it just outlines the scales and doesn't let the box pop up. So i repped him..

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Nizzle said:
LOL, I can't even find the XP Pro disk. Wait, did Dell even send me one?
They probably sent you a "recovery disk" and not a genuine XP disk. Thats why I hate brand name computers.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Nizzle said:
Wait, did Dell even send me one?

If it's fairly recent Dell you're going to love it....seriously. They licensed Ghost or some form of it from Symantec. You boot up into the recovery mode (I think you hold down Cntrl + F11 at the same time during the BIOS screen), then choose "Restore" and you're back in business in about 10 Minutes. No Reformatting crap, it's just a new drive image with a new format as a part of the image. I was impressed the first time I did it, and I don't much like to give Dell credit.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Images are great, its the content of the image that I don't like. I hate removing all the company crap that I don't want and the "Try AOL" desktop shortcuts or whatever they might have.

When I bought my HP laptop, it took me a good hour or so just to uninstall all the crap I didn't want. So thats the main thing I have against recovery disks.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
I hate removing all the company crap that I don't want and the "Try AOL" desktop shortcuts or whatever they might have.

When I bought my HP laptop, it took me a good hour or so just to uninstall all the crap I didn't want. So thats the main thing I have against recovery disks.

God yes, fucking pricks. I think HP is even worse then Dell on that account.

The other thing I don't like about Recovery Disks is that I can just do so much more with a real disk....extract one file, go into recovery mode, etc.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nizzle,

I guess I'll have to chime in here on those recovery disks. I hate them just as much as Cman. You wind up spending more time getting rid of the crap than you do on the install. Nizzle, if you can afford it, just go and get an XP home or Pro disk and be done with it. Reformat and install from that. Then you can be 99.9% sure that you aren't starting out with a bunch of spyware on your machine.

Also, you really should now sit back for a minute and try and figure out how much time you've already put into the driver problem and how much more it will take. It sounds to me like your at the point for the format.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
mindido said:
Nizzle,

I guess I'll have to chime in here on those recovery disks. I hate them just as much as Cman. You wind up spending more time getting rid of the crap than you do on the install. Nizzle, if you can afford it, just go and get an XP home or Pro disk and be done with it. Reformat and install from that. Then you can be 99.9% sure that you aren't starting out with a bunch of spyware on your machine.

Also, you really should now sit back for a minute and try and figure out how much time you've already put into the driver problem and how much more it will take. It sounds to me like your at the point for the format.
I'm making one last phone call tomorrow to my buddy who knows XP like I know 80's music trivia. If that yields nothing...I'll reinstall.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Reformatting the fucker. Thanks for your effort, Guys. If I never see you again, it's because I lost my password and too lazy to re-register. If that happens, Cman, find me...I need this vent.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
just email me and i'll reset it for you haha

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Looks like Niz is breaking his hymen. None of this adolescent shit for Niz. He's a real man now.

Hopefully, we all reach that point eventually.

And Niz,

Have you done a reformat before? The key, really, is organization. Have all the software and drivers available BEFORE you do the reformat. Don't be hunting around for them during...thats where people get into trouble.

Last edited:

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Good advice Min, I think you're too late. I think we've lost contact with spacecraft Niz. He's in the re-entry communications blackout. Lets' cross our fingers and hope we hear from him soon.

Othernizzle

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a dumbass. Had to reinstall everything...lost the e-mail account settings from my comcast account. Waiting for Cman to send me my old username/password to log in. Fuckin' fuck. All in all, a pleasant experience. Only minor hiccups so far. I'm excited to see how UT2k4 runs on my cleanmachine.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i sent it already