• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Computer security

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
An interesting article on how hackers have developed code that hijacks websites. I thought the following quote was interesting:

"The worst thing is, these malware installations are just a front for massive sets of zombie boxes, and they're getting ready to point them somewhere. If you're an admin of an Apache box, PLEASE ensure that you are fully patched, especially in the area of OpenSSL exlpoits.

More will likely be made public in the coming weeks, but the infection is making its way round many home users PCs, and if you end up being hijacked, nothing short of a reformat will remove the garbage from your system."

http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2004/11/major-hack-attack-discovered-8mb-of.html

T

tntstyles

the first article is damn interesting... so that's what kids are up to these days

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I guess it was only a matter of time.

Firefox users beware! Someone has developed a script that really trashes Firefox and inserts at least 2 Java/Byte Verify trojans. I picked it up around 11 a.m. today and am just getting things back to normal.

What it does (that I currently know of):

1. Somehow messes with you default Profile and apparently deletes it, thus losing all settings.
2. Deletes all bookmarks (probably as a result of #1).
3. Inserts the 2 trojans.
4. Trashes Firefox to the point where I had to reinstall it.

AVG picked up the trojans. Spybot and AdAware reported finding nothing. But the machine is still acting a little weird. Don't know yet if this is significant or just me.

I picked it up while surfing celeb sites and will post the site I think I got it from when verified. In the meantime I would suggest checking this out. Firefox has a new (I think) extension called NoScript. Its supposed to block all scripts from being run until you allow it. Its definitely a bit of a pain but probably worthwhile in the long run.

Also, make sure you have your bookmarks backed up!

More later.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Interesting Mindido. I tend to think of "alternative" software (i.e. firefox, Apple, Linux) as having two lines....one is compatability and the other is security. When a platform becomes popular enough that it is reasonably compatible with everythiing "out there", then it makes sense for hackers to ding away at it to the point where the two lines intersect and you just swap problems. Not hard to see Firefox getting there some day.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey Preferred,

Have to agree. I was just hoping that this would take a bit longer. Anyway, I hope everyone is forwarned.

I think that I found the site that did this although I can't be absolutely positive as my history file was wiped out. And I wasn't able to replicate the occurance as I'm now using the NoScript extension so the Javascript wouldn't work (and I wasn't really interested in redoing everything again). Anyway, if theres someone adventurous out there, heres the site:

http://www.dadump.com/goLink.php?Id=31685

If your not adventurous, DON'T GO THERE!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
A really interesting article identifying "The Twenty Most Critical Internet Security Vulnerabilities". If your interested in computer security make sure you bookmark this and check back periodically.

http://www.sans.org/top20/

The jist of the article is that the authors have detected a shift in the apps that hackers are attacking. While still going after OS's, IE, etc; the hackers are now spending more time identifying vulnerabilities in the AV's, Firewalls and programs that most of us use, i.e., MS Office apps, etc.

Spend some time with this article, its well worth it.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
A really interesting article by MIT's David D. Clark. He contends that the internet is broken:

"the Internet's shortcomings have resulted in plunging security and a decreased ability to accommodate new technologies. "We are at an inflection point, a revolution point," Clark now argues. And he delivers a strikingly pessimistic assessment of where the Internet will end up without dramatic intervention. "We might just be at the point where the utility of the Internet stalls -- and perhaps turns downward."

He suggests that the internet needs a whole new architecture and, that if we don't do it soon, we could be in for big trouble.

http://www.technologyreview.com/infotech/wtr_16051,258,p1.html

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
Surprisingly, the home version doesn't seem to be vulnerable.

That's because it runs so many #@%! processes the frick'n computer doesn't have any resources left to download the Trojan.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
That's because it runs so many #@%! processes the frick'n computer doesn't have any resources left to download the Trojan.

Heh, heh. Regrettably, thats probably true.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Man, its been awhile since I've posted in here. Anyway, anyone here use Monster.com for finding a job? It turns out that their servers were hacked last month and the personal info on about 1.6 million users was compromised! Some nasty little trojan got onto their servers and was uploading peoples info to a server somewhere in the world. Heres the article:

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/a_monster_trojan.html

Just a reminder.........NEVER, EVER put valuable personal info on the web. If Monster.com can be easily hacked, just about anyone can.