• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Wrestling 2005

Stingray

Supreme Jackass
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Ordinary, really. Flair looks ordinary. Lawler as well. Jake--compared to when we last saw 'im--looked bad. It was saddening....but he still did a decent promo & got a huge pop...you could tell he was struggling with it though, the man's voice is nearly shot...

junkmail41a

Reaction score
Yeah, fuck Orton. The guy hasn't paid his dues in the business. He is a nobody that is being forced down our throats. He didn't deserve to beat Foley last year, and he doesn't have the fan following to beat Taker this year. Without HHH, he wouldn't be shit. Rock has family in the business, but he spent years developing himself into something the fans liked. THEN he became a main enventer. He wasn't knocking off legends in his first couple of years. Orton doesn't have, and never will have the personality to be a "true" main eventer.
P.S. Jake the Snake might have looked like shit, but he still had that charisma that made him a superstar. Not many people can deliver a promo like he did (with no help from Orton) and that is why it was exciting to see him again.

Zinista

Koalas & Kangaroos kill people
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Orton's claim to fame is that he's the WWE's youngest ever Heavyweight Champion.. Reason for that is the before him Lesnar had that honour.. And we all know how Lesnar told the WWE to stick it and left...

junkmail41a

Reaction score
The only reason Orton holds that "claim to fame" is because he has friends in high places. It isn't because of his talent in the ring or on the microphone. Lesnar had an overpowering look. Orton could walk past me on the street, and I probably wouldn't even notice him.

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
junkmail41a said:
Orton could walk past me on the street, and I probably wouldn't even notice him.
Atleast not until he throws some Feces on you.. Or some other childish prank.. :mrgreen:

Stingray

Supreme Jackass
Reaction score
junkmail41a said:
Rock has family in the business, but he spent years developing himself into something the fans liked. THEN he became a main enventer.

That's not entirely accurate. Technically...(if my memory's correct), Orton's only ahead of the Rock curve by a couple months....

The Rock debuted in May of '96. He went on to compete at his first wreslemania the following year, after winning the IC title in Feb of '97 from HHH, and held it for what most saw & still see as an utterly forgetable reign. Then he went out for a couple months with injury, and returned as a heel, to capture the WWE Title in November of '98 from Foley.

By contrast...Orton debuted in mid-late '02, IIRC. He went out early for 6 months with injury, and returned as a heel to capture the re-instated IC title for a lengthy, and successful title reign,including defeating Foley in a 3-2 handicap match at Wrestlemania 20. In August of last year ('04), he won the world title for a brief 1 or 2 month reign, before dropping the title to HHH.

So...esentially, the same period of time passed there. The difference is, when the Rock was kicked up to the main event, there were already 3, 4 other guys--HHH & Foley for example--that were elevating to that level WITH him. Whereas, with Orton, it was just him that they were pushing to the main event scene.

junkmail41a

Reaction score
Many people felt like the Rock was being forced on the fans as well when he first started. My point is that a) Rock clearly has/had a personality that Orton clearly lacks, and b) the calibur of talent that Rock was competing for the spotlight was much, much higher and he still did it. Orton is the guy being pushed, but only because of a lack of options. Guys like the Rock brought the popularity of wrestling to its highest point, while Orton can't gain popularity in a one horse race.

The_Thief

Reaction score
Rock curve??? He'll never measure up. I gurantee you Orton will never hold the belt as many times as the Rock did. Never.

Stingray

Supreme Jackass
Reaction score
Heh....probably should've clarified this earlier....

but I don't like EITHER of them. Orton or the Rock. Never have. They both have thier funny moments in promos, but I've never been impressed at all by either of them in-ring.

That being said...it cracks me up to read/see/hear all the anti-Orton talk, and remember back a few years only to realize that...hey, it's the EXACT SAME STUFF people were saying about the Rock at the time. The Rock's promos sucked harder than a toothless hooker those first couple years. His in-ring work was iffy at best, and most of the fan base came & went when it comes down to their opinion of him. What wound up solidifying him in the main event was a 7 match feud with Foley that lasted 4 months. Orton/HHH had the same opportunity...but someone in the office blew that chance....

jessicajoanne

LTJ's exp0sed Llama Goddess
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Random Jess Wrestling Post

The Rock's best gimmick ever..

Rock_N_Sock_Connection_Wallpaper_01_1024.jpg

that is all. carry on.

junkmail41a

Reaction score
Forget the Rock for a minute. I am just saying that I think Orton is getting an undeserved push to heights he doesn't belong. Having said that, I am not really sure that Raw has many alternatives. There are guys that have ability in the ring and no personality. There are guys that have personality and suck in the ring. The only guy I can see that has the talent and charisma left in Raw is Chris Jericho. He can be cheesy as hell sometimes, but he can hold his own on the mic, and make just about anyone look good in the ring. Batista could be huge as well, if they continue what they are doing.

Last edited:

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Orton/HHH had the same opportunity...but someone in the office blew that chance....
I'm thinking Orton probably blew that chance himself...

WHat's your thoughts on Chris Masters? Has he got IT or atleast something??

**And what are they doing with Maven

junkmail41a

Reaction score
I think Masters has a look that could make him popular, but he needs a character overhaul. The "perfection" gimmick has been done too many times, and usually without much success.
P.S. I think Orton's backstage antics probably put the brakes on his fued with HHH.

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
On the Wire:
"There are reports that Jeff Jarrett of TNA has contacted The Rock about making an appearance for TNA in the near future. Apparently, The Rock was open to the idea but did not want to get into negotiations until the promotional tour for his latest movie, "Be Cool," is complete."

hmmm Somehow I don't think Vinnie Mac would this one slide...

junkmail41a

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt he would show up on TNA. At least from a business standpoint, he probably wouldn't get paid enough to make it worth it. Then, he burns the bridge with the WWE by pissing of McMahon, who he owes pretty much everything to. He gets the chance to hype his movies on national television with the WWE, and he would lose that if he betrayed them. It just doesn't seem like a smart move.

bobobill

war on drugs veteran
Reaction score
junkmail41a said:
I think Masters has a look that could make him popular, but he needs a character overhaul. The "perfection" gimmick has been done too many times, and usually without much success.

somebody read my post.

If Rock does a stint in TNA it would not burn any bridges with WWE. Steve Austin walked out on the company and was welcomed back with open arms. Vince is all abouty making money and if someone is a huge draw like The Rock he would gladly welcome him back.

Stingray

Supreme Jackass
Reaction score
Zinista said:
I'm thinking Orton probably blew that chance himself...

WHat's your thoughts on Chris Masters? Has he got IT or atleast something??

**And what are they doing with Maven

Masters....eh. He's got the charisma...but that's about it really. Haven't heard him speak, except to flair...and a deaf mute would do a good promo standing next to Flair. His ring-work kinda sucks though. I'm sorry,but that full nelson is REALLY weak.

As forMaven....yeah, dunno what the hell happened there.

bobobill said:
somebody read my post.

If Rock does a stint in TNA it would not burn any bridges with WWE. Steve Austin walked out on the company and was welcomed back with open arms. Vince is all abouty making money and if someone is a huge draw like The Rock he would gladly welcome him back.

There's a difference between walking out cold, and walking out to work for the only competition you've got though. Especially with a guy who kicks a PPV buy-rate up just with the mention that he MIGHT be there. Even competition on the level of TNA, history has shown us, pisses vince off in certain situations. I'm thinkin' if he's gonna refuse Shane Douglas a WWE dark-match (which is somethin' I read in a few spots years ago) for walking out of the Dean Douglas character & going to ECW, losing a headliner with the Rock's draw to the only--allbeit sub-standard--competiton would really get him steamed.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
oo man vinnie mac by far would be pissed. I dont think ull ever see the rock go to a tna event. His ties are to strong with the WWE. I dont care if hes doin movies or not, he still gets a few bucks to stay on with wwe...

Shit ANY wrestling fan would get pissed at that... TNA fans arnt wrestling fans... yes i wanna see tna, but no in my opinion its not anything special.. so there hehe..

I want to see the rock come back full time in wwe tho... I miss the old shit he used to do..

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yeah True, but having a think about it... Hogan at argueably (sp) his biggest draw, changed teams and went to WCW.... He was back with WWE after the dust had settled.. Yep Vinnie gets pissed but he knows who can make money for him and when they are due to..