• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Sony Vaio

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I require some help with my Sony Vaio

Model: PCG-7H1M running Windows XP

I started up my vaio laptop got to desktop only to be greated with BSOD which read:

***Hardware Malfunction
CAll your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error
*** The System has halted ***

Now my research has lead to me believe this is memory issue? Do I need to replace something? I am unable to uninstall anything as this appears as soon as I reach desktop?

I am certain that this issue is fixable but I need a starting point so any help here would be most useful!

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Dell's do pretty much the same thing, a blue screen asking you to get in touch with them. Dells came with a "recovery" disk, though i dont remember if that's what its called. If your Sony didn't come with some sort of disk like that, then you could try booting from your OS disk.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
phynix,

This is usually a pretty simple problem to fix. Did you drop the machine last night?

This error message usually comes from a loose or ill fitted RAM card. The solution is to turn the computer off, turn it over and find where the RAM chips are located, unscrew the cover and then make sure the chips are seated correctly. Once you've done that, turn the machine over and try and start it up (don't put the lid back on quite yet). If it starts correctly then turn off the machine and put the cover back over the RAM.

If you still get the BSOD then carefully remove the RAM chips (if you have two). Determine which slot is numbered 0 or 1 and put one of the chips in it. Make sure its seated correctly and remember not to touch the gold contacts during install and to get rid of any static electricity prior to touching anything (touch some metal before touching the machine and continue to touch the metal). Also, its probably best not to do this on a plush carpet.

Now, turn the machine on and see if you get the BSOD. If the machine works then you know that chip is good. If it doesn't then it appears that chip is bad (but we're not positive yet). So, it it works, turn off the machine again and put the other chip in and restart. If it works your ready to go. If not then that chip is bad. I think you get the idea.

Hope this works for you.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I have found that sometimes just switching the ram chips can fix issues like this on a desktop. like chip from 0 to 1 and vise versa.

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
OK so just to clean up this thread i'm happy to report that my VAIO is now back to full working order. In the end I had to clear my hard drive and reinstall windows - it was own fault I was asking it to do too much. Thanks for all you help in this matter!