• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

.exe errors

stravia

Reaction score
Whenever I try open IE, Windows Expl or download a app (i.e.quick time) I get a window pop up "Choose Program you want to open this file". I'm able to figure out how to open IE but i can't correct the other ones.

When I search on the web how to fix the .exe issue I get lots of answers. However, when I try to download the fix I get the same error message.

I can't even do a system restore. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
It sounds like a corrupt registry. In this case, you really have only two options. The first; reboot -> tap F8 -> and choose Last Known Good Configuration. This will load a backup of the registry created at an earlier point. However, this may or may not work depending on how long the problem has been going on and how many times the system has been rebooted since then.

The second option is to do a Repair Install. In this case, your operating system will be complete reinstalled but the difference between it and a full reinstall is that you will be able to keep all of your files and settings. Only a few settings will be reverted such as wallpaper, folder views, etc.

However, since you did not mention which version of Windows you are running, I can't give you step-by-step instructions on how to perform a repair install. I can only tell you that the steps can be found using Google and that you will need your original operating system disk.

Furthermore, before doing a repair install, I would perform a full Check Disk on all drives and/or partitions and check your memory (RAM) using a tool such as MemTest86. A corrupt hard drive and/or faulty RAM are usually (but not always) to blame for a corrupt registry and in lesser cases the processor itself can be the cause.

Good luck.

stravia

Reaction score
I have a HP labtop and it's using Windows 7. I tried rebooting and tried to find "last good config" and I wasn't able to find it. I'm not that computer savy so I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right area.

Thanks for the info. Any other suggestions?

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I would first rule out malware, viruses and other nasties as the culprit by using more than one scanner. Panda Software and Kaspersky both have free online scanners so there is nothing to install. If both of those come back clean...

Reboot the computer and as soon as you see the very first screen start tapping F8 repeatedly. You should then be presented with a black screen with options such as Safe Mode, Safe Mode (with networking), etc. Here you should also see Last Known Good Configuration. Select it and give it a shot. If it doesn't work or doesn't appear as an option, post back.

One question, did HP supply an actual Windows 7 disk or just a HP Recovery Disk and maybe a couple of driver disks? The reason I ask is because HP and other OEM companies are bad about not supplying an actual Windows operating system disk. They usually ship a recovery disk or a recovery partition instead. If this is the case, it's bad news because a repair install can't be performed with HP recovery disks or by using the recovery partition. You'd need an actual Windows 7 install disk. HP's recovery disk/partition will wipe your hard drive clean causing you to lose all of your files if they aren't backed up first.

Worse case scenario, you could always just back up your most important files to a DVD or external hard drive, pop in the HP recovery disk and have it completely restore your laptop to 'like new' condition.

Post back with the results of F8 and whether or not you have a Win7 disk then we can go from there. I'm a computer & network tech of 14 years. I live for fixing issues like this :)

hiddy

Reaction score
just to make it clear, once you have downloaded the zip file from the website, unpack/extract/unzip the .reg file to your desktop, then run the .reg file.

stravia

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I tried the above solutions (last config) and that didn't work. I then ran Panda and ran the scan but once it was done I had to sign up for the service to remove the cookie.

The last solution is not being allowed to be opend on my pc sayiung that it's not reconized and is harmful.

hiddy

Reaction score
ok, do the following and try it.

right click on the desktop, go to New and create a new tText document.
Open the text document and copy and past the following.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe]
@="exefile"
"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\PersistentHandler]
@="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile]
@="Application"
"EditFlags"=hex:38,07,00,00
"TileInfo"="prop:FileDescription;Company;FileVersion"
"InfoTip"="prop:FileDescription;Company;FileVersion;Create;Size"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\DefaultIcon]
@="%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open]
"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\DropHandler]
@="{86C86720-42A0-1069-A2E8-08002B30309D}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\PEAnalyser]
@="{09A63660-16F9-11d0-B1DF-004F56001CA7}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\PifProps]
@="{86F19A00-42A0-1069-A2E9-08002B30309D}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\ShimLayer Property Page]
@="{513D916F-2A8E-4F51-AEAB-0CBC76FB1AF8}"

now, close the text document and save it. If you can see the file extension i.e the ".TXT" bit, then rename that so it says ".reg" (without the quotes). Is should then turn the text icon into a icon with blue blocks
Now run that file. It will come up and say that you are changing the registry and are you sure and all that bollox, click yes. That should then re-associate the applications/programs again so you shouldnt get the error your getting.

If you cant see the ".TXT" bit, then open up a folder or "My Computer", Press the ALT key (that should then give you the menu options if it isnt already visible - File, Edit, Tools etc) Choose Tools, then choose Folder Options, then choose the VIEW Tab, then there should be a box ticked for "Hide Known File Extensions" - Untick that then click save and ok and all that so you can then get back to the Text file you created earlier. Now you should be able to see the .TXT extension, so you can now change that to .reg.

Hope this helps and is understandable.

stravia

Reaction score
Starduster & Hiddy...thank you very much for taking the time to help me with the error. I'm not sure what I did but the .exe error is no longer appearing. I can open and dl files with no problems.

Once again thanks for your time and devotion.