• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Xbox 360

stu2906

Reaction score
The technical specs have been released for the first of the next generation of games consoles. One step ahead of the Playstation3 and Nintendo Revolution. Release date around Christmas in the US ( I guess it will get a UK release about June to piss me off). Expected to be priced at $300.

b6b036198145d41378d4e73416e38beb_41141349_360_01.jpg

The main features are

CPU with three IBM PowerPC 3.2Ghz cores [is this better than a 9.6Ghz processor and why?]
ATI 500MHz graphics processor
48 billion shader operations per second
512Mb GDDR3 RAM of memory
Removable and upgradeable 20Gb hard drive
Three USB ports
Windows Media Extender built-in
Support for DVD-video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-DA, CD-R, WMA CD, MP3 CD, Jpeg photo CD
Wireless Controls
Pretty white box weighing slightly less than the 17 tonnes of xbox.

I'm a PC and PS2 gamer but unless sony and nintendo do something very special i may just get one of these bad boys and put Bill Gates one step closer to owning the universe.

More information and a video at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4541961.stm

(link will probably die in a few days)

Onimusha

Reaction score
just wait for PS3! a console by itself cannot guarantee its own success. just look at how the PS2, though technically the worse of the 3, outdid the Xbox and the GameCube in terms of sales. the games are the determining factor! we all know most of the best console games are on PS2.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
$300 my ass, just one processor costs more than that. The price will be unheard of. Laughable even.

moxdevil

Reaction score
looks snazzy. if microsoft can get the major producers on board i'll get me one

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
The controller has a ball to be used as either like a mouse or to play pong?

xbox360_controller_closeup.jpg

xbox360_dvdcontroller.jpg

moxdevil

Reaction score
looks weird, still i've always associated nintendo with kids :)

Epc525

Reaction score
The Xbox has taken over the #1 spot in America. The 360 will def beat out PS3. Square Enix ( PS2's best game devoloper) is now making games for the 360. I'm sorry but the PS2 was a shitty system and there is no way that Sony can compete with Microsoft anymore. The price will be around $300. Bill Gates is not an idiot, anything too much higher then $300 will not sell well. The button on the controller is for a system menu. It gives you access to a menu with your friends list, custom soundtracks, pictures, videos, and even a way to turn off yer Xbox without getting off the couch. All signs point to the Xbox 360 dominating the market. I am buying it the day it comes out, who is with me.
All the info you will ever need is here http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p1.html

gatsby

Reaction score
I may buy a next-gen console but only if several games for it are really cool. Hype alone doesn't have much effect on me.

Last edited:

Your_Ass

Reaction score
It won't be that expensive. Microsoft has a history of losing money on its actual hardware sales. They lost upwards of 90 dollars each console when they launched the X-Box, but it was a success because of software liscencing. It will not be too expensive.

However, PS3 will do better. I love nintendo and HATE ms and sony so I don't want this to happen, but it will. Sony has a marketing machine that is unmatchable and relationships with 3rd party software developers that cannot be beaten. Unless nintendo's "revolutionatry" feature is really worth it, PS3 will dominate the market with 360 in a distant 3rd, followed closely by nintendo.

The only thing up in the air is the future of the psp, but that's another thread.

Epc525

Reaction score
"your-ass" you obviously don't read anything. Sony is having all of its good 3rd party developers dissmantled. Microsoft has bought them all. Here are just a few people that good ol' Billy has recruited . . .
Hironobu Sakaguchi - He was the main creative force behind the early Final Fantasy's. Was responsable for driving the creativity in Chrono Trigger ( 1 of the best RPG's of all time). Sakaguchi is now on his own he just recently established his own studio Mistwalker. Mistwalker will be releasing 2 exclusive titles for the Xbox 360.
Tetsuya Mizuguchi - A former head of a branch of Sega. A left of center designer he has made games such as Sega Rally Championship, Space Channel 5, Rez, and Lumines. After leaving Sega he formed Q Entertainment and is ready to make games for 360.
Yoshiki Okamoto - He is responsable for basically making capcom( a big contributer to Sony's succes) what it is today. Street Fighter 2, he produced it. Resident Evil, he was a supervisor on RE2. Okamoto decided to strike out on his own and open up Game Republic. There first title is Genji and is going to the PS2, but 360 has next dibs.
Oh and whats this, Square Enix has signed a deal with Microsoft. Guess what Sony doesn't have anything anymore. Madden can't keep an entire system alive. Microsoft is going to dominate the market.
All of this info can be backed by my good friends at Ign
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613541p1.html

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it will play the old Xbox games ?... maybe I should check the article..

Epc525

Reaction score
It is still unclear whether the 360 will play old games or not. Microsoft is trying to find a way to do it without paying the creators of their old chip set. I really hope that they do it.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
90% of gamers don't buy a new system in its 1st year. When they decide to buy, the hype of the next new system is in full swing. I would not put out a system 1st.

Epc525

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
90% of gamers don't buy a new system in its 1st year. When they decide to buy, the hype of the next new system is in full swing. I would not put out a system 1st.

Where is this info coming from? In its first 2 years the PS2 sold like crazy.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Yes it did and even sold out for "MONTHS". And it was 1st, then along came the xbox hype. There you have it... What happened...i personally would not release a console 1st.

hodgepodge

Reaction score
okay, i just read an article in Time Magazine and this system looks unbelievable. You will be able to do anything you want, inculding wirelessly hook up with your PC and transfer music to your XBOX via this connection. You can even video-conference with the thing!

The entire awesomness is too much to type out, but I highly suggest that you read the article.

zeppelin1

Reaction score
Yeah I read the article as well. Damn, this thing seems to be incredible. After reading it and seeing the videos, I am pumped for this thing to come out.