• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

NHL hockey

The Young One

exp0sed Fantasy Football Champ
Reaction score
Sorry for the late post but i just read the thread

To say that the nhl recieves no promotions is bullshit. First of all everything goes through cycles. Music, sports, whatever. baseball was on its way out and now its back. nhl had its fair share of airtime, just not as consistanly as other sports. saying that they get constantly ignored is like pretending the miracle on ice didnt happen. and then there was the colt-like grunge trend where everyone listened to rock and played ice and/or street hockey (dogma is a good example of that, azraels three helper guys). sure maybe you can say hockey is underappreciated, but to say its ignored by espn and america in general is pure bullshit. its just expierencing a down in ratings currently, and of course the recent stanley cup finals havent helped. i heard on more than 5 occasions that the flyers had to make the stanley cup this year to save hockey because every other team was boring. who wants to see the bullshit tampa bay team, hockey should be played in a cold enviornment. im not anti-hockey or anti-hockey fan in any way shape or form im just saying that hockey gets a fair amount of publicity, just at certain times. hockey well recieve at least a small boom during the next winter olympics. even if the nhl jerks decide to not have a league there will always be hockey for hockey lovers. as long as theres canadians there will always be hockey

Ivan the Terrible

Reaction score
I am a die-hard hockey fan of the Penguins and it kills me to see the lockout looming. As stated above, the NHL does not market its players and product as well as it could. Oh, they think, "Let's throw a team in Tampa, Anaheim, and some other warm weather climate" and it will take care of itself. People south of the Rust Belt don't know hockey.

It kills me to see Mario in his wheel chair skating around the ice, hanging on to promote hockey.... you have stars like Iginla, St. Louis, Thornton, etc... OK, missing a few teeth may not make you a poster boy, but you got to start somewhere.

On top of poor marketing and ownership, NHL's finances are screwed up too... They always complain about the Canadian teams paying their players the converted U.S. dollar rate, causing teams to lose money... they have to come up with something and it's more than a salary cap... maybe pay the players in EUROs???

Anyway, go Penguins... if there is a season...

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Ivan the Terrible said:
I am a die-hard hockey fan of the Penguins and it kills me to see the lockout looming.
Shouldn't you be happy you don't have to watch them suffer :lol:

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Ivan the Terrible said:
They always complain about the Canadian teams paying their players the converted U.S. dollar rate, causing teams to lose money... they have to come up with something and it's more than a salary cap... maybe pay the players in EUROs???

with problems like this I think the NHL covers the conversion price because thats how it was when Calgary last signed Iginlla but tha might be for free agents only

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Todd bertuzzi's asult trial is schedualed to begin Mid January. Hes probably going to miss some more time due to the trial.

Also The World CUp of hockey is underway, so far Canada Beat USA.

Canada is currently beating Slovakia 3-0 in the second period...

Im kind of excited about this tournement because it gives me my hockey fix till the season starts in a month ( if it does )

coclarkson

Reaction score
i saw mario lemieux get into a fight the other night vs USA. that's probably the first fight he's ever been in.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
coclarkson said:
i saw mario lemieux get into a fight the other night vs USA. that's probably the first fight he's ever been in.

not the first but one of the few... he really got into it too.. He has more pride for playing on team canada then he does for the pittsburg penguins

Reverend James

Reaction score
Actually, coclarkson, he used to fight in junior and can handle himself very well if he needs to. As for most of your opinions, and you are free to have them, they seem to be pretty empassioned for someone who claims not to be a hockey fan. The NHL has been destroyed by the former VP of the NBA, Gary "Mr. Bean's Fag Twin Brother" Bettman, and the New York Rangers. Bettman is trying so hard to push Canada out of the league and make it mainstream in the US. It will never be, so he should just let it go back to where it was. The lock-out is happening because, like the idiot NBA, the players believe that they are worth $10 million a season... thanks to the Rangers. The Rangers' management decided to start a bidding war over Joe Sakic (years ago) forcing the Avs to match their ridiculous offer. After that everyone who scored 10+ goals in a year thought that they should make 8 figures. It is all a fucking mess. It should go back to being one step above Reg Dunlop and the Hanson Brothers. That way most of the Euro-pussies (those who cannot play that style, not all of them) would go the fuck home, and chickenshit cheapshot artists like Tkachuk and Chelios would get weeded out.

I prefer to watch CHL (Major Junior) because they play for the right reasons. In university some of my friends played for the Halifax Mooseheads, and some actually made it to the show (Shelley, Giguere). Most played on in the minors because they still loved it. That is what hockey is fucking about. The US Olympic basketball team proved how much they "love the game"... dream team my ass.

Anyway, enough ranting... if the lock-out happens I will be pissed because I forked-out $179.00 for the centre ice package on Express-Vu. Otherwise, the NHL is for shit in its current STATE.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
I gotta disagree with somethings you said rev. The "dream team" players probably do love the game, I mean who are we to say they don't we dont know .. Just cause they only came back with the bronze doesnt mean they dont love wut they do, You wont always get great results throwing together a bunch of high( er ) profile players, Look at the new York Rangers, Huge Roster names, Crappy team.. Do they not love the game too?? Or do yoiu think that they just didnt play as hard as you think they could have...

I don't really think Betman is trying on purpose to weed out all the canadian teams..I just think hes a bad business man..The way the economy is , Canadian teams cant last. Look at the Montreal Expos in baseball.. The Nordiques and Jets In the Nhl.. Quebec had good teams, but they couldnt survive up in canada, they Moved to the US to colorado and won the cup, and since arguably had the best team, and probably pulls in a huge amount of money. The jets wernt horrible, but the same thing happened to that franchise, only they arnt that great now.

Why wouldn't you want to make the most money possible.. thats almost the point of living now, to be the most sucessful you can. Yes i totally agree they shouldnt be making millions, no sports atheletes should, but its the way it is. Everything is highly priced, teams make alot , so the players get more.. canadian teams cant afford to pay the huge us salaries. Salary caps would help that but thier will always be those players who make an ass load of cash and wont be willing to take pay cuts when teams cant afford them.. Its a huge mess

Reverend James

Reaction score
I do agree with you, and maybe I misstated my true feelings. I was a huge basketball fan until I read an SI article comparing Ed Jovanovski to the #1 NBA Draft Pick of the same year (it escapes me now). The said that before even playing a game the NBA kid was getting a 10-year $100 million deal, while Jovanovski would likely get $350/week and spend the next 2 or 3 years in the minors. It really hit home when Modano signed his huge contract and then said that he finds it hard to get up for games knowing that he is making this sort of coin. Now, in his defense, he is the only one (besides Esche) who is playing worth a shit on the US World Cup Team this year. I don't believe that the Rangers players give a shit anymore, as evidence by Kovalev's performance with the Habs this year in the play-offs (former Ranger), because of their huge contracts. With the Rangers being the exception to the rule, I find that most hockey players still play for the love, or would if they made $2-3 million a season versus the retardly high wages they now get.
When you think of the Canadian teams that moved to the US, they are polar opposites. The Jets (not unlike the Sens over the last few years) had poor finances, but huge crowds (the get 15000+ for Moose games). The NHL elite decided that they should be moved to a more marketable area... like the hockey hotbed of Phoenix. Quebec, well, it is Quebec. They stopped supporting the team, and it was tanking. What sickens me is that Columbus, even though I love the city, got a franchise before Hamilton (politics) and/or Saskatoon (who had a bid in to buy St. Louis when they were struggling in the 80's, but was stymied when someone bailed them out). Carolina still draws less than 10,000 a game, while Halifax packs in almost 10,000 (rink capacity limits them) for major junior games. What Bettman does not realize is that the game will sell and market itself well in Canada, and those teams can also market their wares internationally too. A case for the US is Seattle/Portland. When my cousin was with the Thunderbirds, and my other cousin was with the Winterhawks, they were playing in front of 12000+ almost every night. Why can't they get franchises instead of the fringe cities? Because they love the game for the game. Bettman is trying to ghetto'ize the sport just like the NBA. The NBA is more about selling shirts and shoes than it is about great basketball. Hockey is heading the same way.
I hope Bobby Hull can get his WHA2 off of the ground this year. That will show those greedy fucks in the NHL.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Canada Kicked Slovakias Ass last night 5-0. I havent seen Lemeuix play with such intensity and heart since the penguins last won a cup 91 or 92. Hes got so much pride for team canada, its great to see him playing like this. He even looks really healthy too which hasn't been seen in a long while. I want team USA to win the cup for obvious reasons, but I really want to see Lemeiux win it because Hes a true champion, and this is probably his last chance to win a major tournement. He deserves to be on top again.

Jerome Ingila is playing crazy good hockey also, I think hes the most exciting player to watch. Sux that the NHL wont start tho...

USA has been playing great since they started 0-2 Shouldnt have a problem with the fins tho they are not as quick, but usa has a little more muscle and some better d men back. They only thing I think the us will have a problem with in facing Finland is Goaltending. Esche has settled down, but still is letting in 2-3 a night. If he can hold the fins to 1 they should be all set for the finals.

Semifinals :

Finland vs. U.S.A.

Czech Republic vs. Canada

Reverend James

Reaction score
Yeah, the US (read: Keith Tkachuk) pulverized the Russians and seem to be flying without Hull, the Fins almost lost to Germany so they will be trying to prove themselves in the semis, the Czech's were all over the Swede's and may get a little cocky, and Canada looks like they are firing on all cylinders.

Quinn, who is far overrated as a head coach, finally got the lines right in last night's game. Sakic, Iginla and Lemeiux... GODDAMN! That is one notch below the Gretzky, Hawerchuk, Lemeiux line from 87, but just barely below. Mario is in the best shape of his life and it shows. Sakic is Sakic, no changes there. Iginla looks like he shrugged off his jitters and fell into his role. Lecavalier is playing like Tkachuk, which is how he played in junior. It is awesome.

The Fins and US game will rock too. Modano is still chugging and really connecting with his passing. Tkachuk has stopped being such a dirty ass and started to play like he can. Esche is definitely proving he is one of the best in the world. And most importantly, Hull has been benched. Yeah, he gave a lot to the US hockey program for a long time but his angry attitude is bad for any team. They need to have a near perfect game to beat the fins though. Kiprusoff is at least equal to Esche and the Fins can score from any line and any angle.

This is the first time I have been psyched for the Semi-Finals of a World Cup (formerly Canada Cup) since the 80's.

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
I am really enjoying the World cup right now. This is the closest thing to Pro hockey competition we will have for a while so everybody should soak it up. Canada has the best team in the field, but I am rooting for the Swedes along with U.S.A. They should just give those canadiens the cup already, who can compete with talent like that? The only way canada loses is if they play against Sweden, and Sweden has a monster game. That will be very difficult because Canada has so many weapons, and such great goaltending, Sweden has good overall game with the exception of goaltending, Salo is old and he is done. The U.S. team has come on strong recently, but can they sustain the intensity throught the rest of the tournement? We will see.
The lockout is supposed to start soon, so how long do you think it will last? 3 months? 6 Months? A year? Forever? It will be a while no matter what way they go. I hope that your local Minor League Hockey clubs will enjoy all the new fans.

deathray

Reaction score
It's not my intention to knock Canada, I'm a huge fan , but I really don't think think they're firing on all cylinders yet. Yes... they played well last nite against Slovakia but I think Mario has not yet got the hands that made him so good. I really think he might be the weak link on that line. While I listened to all the sports experts say how well Canda was playing, I wondered if we were watching the same game. Remember... this is Canada's best! I hope they win, and they are stronger every game, but they need to play much better for this tournament.

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
IHateHonda said:
Sweden is out of it man, they lost in the quarterfinals
Wow, I should really pay attention.
Just give the damn thing to Canada already

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Gonjawolverine said:
IHateHonda said:
Sweden is out of it man, they lost in the quarterfinals
Wow, I should really pay attention.
Just give the damn thing to Canada already

:lol: :lol:

Canada should not have any problems winning the World cup if they keep playing like they are, Just as The Reverend said, Sakic, Lemeuix, Ingila line is Unbealibly good and is the top line in the Tourny. Tough to be them at this point

deathray, interesting comment on Mario being the weak link, but no matter how he plays he brings that emotion and that something extra to the team. I have to disagree I think hes playing the best he has been in a while, and i agree with the Rev that hes in the best shape hes ever been..

Also, canada is beating the worlds best with scores like 5-0 or 7-2 ( i think that was them, i could be wrong) I mean If thats not playing good then I don't know what is. Yes you can argue that they other team could be really bad, but not in this tourney. Canada has bee playing great, you don't have to be an expert to see that. Yes some plays last night were slopy but thats part of the game, not every shift is going to go smoothly it wall depends on what plays your running against what defensive set ups, and vice versa.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Ihatehonda, I believe the term you were searching for, with regards to Mario is... INTANGIBLES!

Yeah, last night's game played out like a PS2 game.

deathray

Reaction score
We're kind of splitting hairs here B-town...you think Canada's playing "great" and I think they're playing well ( not great ). Yes they beat some teams by a few goals but I want them to blow them weak teams out of the fuckin arena in the first period. I expect that from the best in Canada. I do agree that Mario is in good shape and playing his best hockey in some time , however, I don't believe that Mario made this team because of his current talent but more of his past ability and his excellent leadership. Now before everyone blows a gasket at me , I still think Mario was one of the best there was.