• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Problem in Vista, anyone else recognice this?

blondie32

Reaction score
Lets start by saying that this is a question for Vista users over time, if youre not a Vista user then I guess youre unable to help me.

I have this weird problem in Vista, Im just curioiuse if anyone else has the same problem.

About once a month the machine starts to behave strange, and it hangs when shutting down and is slow when starting up, kind of like when you got huge updates in XP. But unlike XP this behavioure lasts for a couple of days and then its fine again. (And it shouldnt be about updates anymore, i turned them off)

Other symptoms for this illness is that rar files will not open, It takes time before any program starts and if i get like more then 5-6 (this can depend) windows in explorer open at once it stops to respond.

The reason I use Vista in the first place is to get to know it for later preferences, I study networking and I guess its just a matter of time before Vista is everywhere.... and Im curiouse if this problem is something that only I have or if this is normal in Vista?

None of my teachers or computer wiz friends have bothered to start using Vista yet, so its no help to get there!!:)

So to all of the Vista testers out there... am I alone about this problem?

And to end this post, I searched my computer for viruses and other stuff, everything comes out clean.

blondie32

Reaction score
Hmm... I take it you didnt read my post very well?

Vista works fine most of the time as i said, but like every month or so it starts to behave weird.

Dont really know what you mean.

blondie32

Reaction score
Ok, sorry!

As I told you, I just didnt understand what you ment.

So how can i stop this thing, or check if its what youre talking about?

I didnt mean to offend you, so if that is what you thought, Im sorry..... even if im above the average human when i comes to computers Im very humble when it comes to my knowledge!:)

So please... tell me more about this?

UltraLisk

Reaction score
when this happens go in Safe mode and see if it still does it, if it doesnt do a cleanboot.

also in the command prompt do "sfc /scannow" (run as admin)

blondie32

Reaction score
hmmmm......... I really dont know what you mean about a clean boot, maybe its because Im a norwegian.

This problem is something that goes away in 2-3 days... it doesnt happen in safemode or otherwise..

Im just curiouse if anyone else have experenced this problem and if they may have some answers to it.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
hmmmm......... I really dont know what you mean about a clean boot, maybe its because Im a norwegian.

This problem is something that goes away in 2-3 days... it doesnt happen in safemode or otherwise..

Im just curiouse if anyone else have experenced this problem and if they may have some answers to it.

Hey there Blondie,

As a fellow Scandinavian, maybe some advice. I would highly recommend you stay away from Vista for now. Not that I don't hate Microsux (I really, really do!?!) but as always, installing a brand new operating system is never a good idea as it still needs to work out all the flaws, and with Microcraps track-record, that usually amounts to a couple/two/three/years...

No way am I infecting any of my machines with that new virus until they finally release SP3, which by my estimates will be around 2014!

Good luck,
Swede

UltraLisk

Reaction score
if it doesn't happen in SMWN you might be in luck...

cleanboot:

start > msconfig (in start search) > hit enter
"System configuration" should now be open
Service (tab) > hide all microsoft services (you need a check mark there) > disable All (button)
Startup (tab) > Disable All (button)
Click "ok" then click "restart".

That will disable all startup items and all non microsoft services. If it still works then you are in luck. Just keep adding services then startup items until you find the problem.

blondie32

Reaction score
Hi Swede68

Sorry if im rude here, but you didnt answer anything that i asked for in my post??? I would be glad if you did.

All I really wanted to know was if anyone else have had this problem with Vista?? Anyone?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I think your computer is a female.

They tend to do that every month ;)

LoL!!! Good one Z!

And Blondie. I don't have Vista (and it will be a few years before I do) but I would recommend becoming familiar with Windows Task Manager (Control + Alt + Delete). Use that when things are working OK and become familiar with all the processes and apps that are normally running. Then, when this problem occurs, run Task Manager again to see if any new processes or apps are now running. This would be one good method of trying to figure out whats going on.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LoL!!! Good one Z!

And Blondie. I don't have Vista (and it will be a few years before I do) but I would recommend becoming familiar with Windows Task Manager (Control + Alt + Delete). Use that when things are working OK and become familiar with all the processes and apps that are normally running. Then, when this problem occurs, run Task Manager again to see if any new processes or apps are now running. This would be one good method of trying to figure out whats going on.

In Vista, to get directly to the Task Manager, its Crtl + Shift + Esc. Ctrl + Alt + Delete takes you to a worthless page. And pertaining to the subject at hand, the only time I've had serious lagging is the boot up after Windows updates were installed. So I'd listen to these guys, they know what they're doing.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
Hi Swede68

Sorry if im rude here, but you didnt answer anything that i asked for in my post??? I would be glad if you did.

All I really wanted to know was if anyone else have had this problem with Vista?? Anyone?

I gave you the answer.....

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
In Vista, to get directly to the Task Manager, its Crtl + Shift + Esc. Ctrl + Alt + Delete takes you to a worthless page.

Boom,

I REALLY hope your kidding about that (but I suspect your not). Typical MS! What a stupid change.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Boom,

I REALLY hope your kidding about that (but I suspect your not). Typical MS! What a stupid change.
Do I ever kid?

blondie32

Reaction score
Hi to you all!!!

Thank you all for more or less usefull input..... the female part was kind of fun, yes... but not very helpful!!!:)

Ive been busting my ass off trying to boot both Vista and XP today, and it turns out that its my external drives that have fucked up things.... I took out the usb hub and now its back to normal!

Im still not sure if that was the reason, because Vista i behaving weird sometimes.

To all of you that only states the obviouse about not using Vista, thank you for nothing. It would be nice actually to get seriouse responses to a question on a problem within an OS instead of getting told to switch OS!:(

I need to use Vista to kind of learn have it works, but its hard sometimes... and I have other computers where I use XP.

And I agree about the crtl-alt-del part, its not helpfull at all.....

Again, thank you to all of you..... the only reason I ask tech stuff in this forum is that Ive learned that there is a few guys here that is very skilled!!!!!:) Hopefully Ill be as skilled one day in like 40 years!!!hehehehe

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Blondie, I'm really sorry we haven't been more helpful in solving your problems. I really do hope someone here can accommodate you, as I'm sure they will. We have a pretty wily bunch of members in this forum.

Just really curious why anyone in their right mind would even bother installing Vista at this point. Help me out here. Other than loosing a bet, is this because of work?

UltraLisk

Reaction score
Blondie, I'm really sorry we haven't been more helpful in solving your problems. I really do hope someone here can accommodate you, as I'm sure they will. We have a pretty wily bunch of members in this forum.

Just really curious why anyone in their right mind would even bother installing Vista at this point. Help me out here. Other than loosing a bet, is this because of work?

maybe he had to get it? Most, if not all new computers come with vista...

blondie32

Reaction score
hehehehe.....

Well, I guess I had that coming!:)

As you probably know from my posts, I study networking and I have multiple computers. Its my own choice to run Vista on this computer for future references because I guess it will help to know Vista a little since most companies probably will install it in near future... and as to be helpfull on local computers since there is almost impossible to get a computer (laptop or stationary) without Vista here in norway now!:( (I can only think of one place where I can get XP at this time)

But off course I agree with you about the stupidity in running Vista if you have a choice.... I tell all my friends to stay the hell away from it!!!:)

So that is why I get alittle annoyed when I dont get answers to questions I really would like to get answers to!:) I just want to learn as much I can about the issues in Vista to be able to help others later on.

Again..... thank you very much, all of you, for responding to my question!!:)

WuZiMu

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's had absolutely NO problems with vista?