• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Microsoft Vista

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Actually had some time to read that.

5 years development time (so far).
50 million lines of code (so far).
more than 50 dependency layers
an unknown # of circular dependency layers

Hoo boy, they may be lucky to get that out next year.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm not a software developer but the circular dependencies really caught my eye.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Jeez,

Remember the bad old DOS days? MS would come out with a new version about every 4 to 6 months or so. I can remember getting DOS 3.0 and then shortly after 3.1. Then 3.3, 4.0 and then 5.0 (I think they finally quit that at 6.0 or 6.1). Its probably better now, at least you aren't shelling out cash like we used to.

xeizo

Reaction score
Actually, the post RC1 build 5728 I'm running is pretty stable; no crashes whatsoever and since I'm running a beefy dual core gaming rig it runs very quick and responsive. It even feels quicker than XP in the gui, thanks to the hardware accelerated desktop. Wouldn't want to run it on a much lesser machine though.

And I can't think of any real benefit from Vista except it looking pretty, possibly security enhancements but most testers have turned off UAC anyway ...

However, on a new machine it will both run and look impressive so why not? I don't think many people will buy only Vista anyway, it will come preinstalled on new boxes as usual and will add to the feel of "newness" on ones new PC :)

pichunter

Reaction score
UltraLisk said:
What it all comes down to is…. I do not want to dish out 200-400$ for a OS that will have a couple extra features that I might not even use....

You ought to visit Pantip Plaza sometime ;-)

Epc525

Reaction score
I just recieved Vista RC with my Intel Core 2 duo 6300 package. I am going to build a new comp soon. Should I dual boot with Vista and XP media center just to be safe?

Epc525

Reaction score
I am dual booting with XP Prof and Vista. I love Vista. It has so many great features. I would def recomend it to everyone. I just can't wait to have more support for it, so I can use it full time.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
LOL its trying to so hard to be a Mac. Nice widgets. :lol:

I think the new start button is cool though

Epc525

Reaction score
I was pretty pissed I only got a 5. I'm assuming its out of 10. And to make you feel better the driver issues will get much better. The OS isnt even officially out, thats why I dual boot. I just chill and browse the internet on Vista, like I am now. I do everything else on XP Pro. With the whole mac thing, Microsoft just takes everything and makes it so much better. I'm not a mac fan just because Steve Jobs talks so much shit when he wouldn't even be in business without Microsoft. Back in the early '90s Gates bought $200 million of non voting stocks. Anyways. I got Vista RC1 and I can't wait to receive the full version in the mail. Its gonna be great.

Epc525

Reaction score
Processor: 5.0
Ram: 5.1
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.7
Primary HD: 5.9

Yea microsoft says for a gaming pc a 3.0 is usally sufficient.

h1t3a4

Reaction score
From what I hear, many PC makers are offering a free up grade to Vista when it comes out. I think this is the best of both worlds. You get to upgrade and try it it out. If you dont like it you can always uninstall it. If you wait and buy a PC with it already installed as the OC you will be stuck with it.

However upgrades are generally less stable than clean installs!

Epc525

Reaction score
I should be recieving my full copy soon. I don't know how different it will be from RC1, but I guess I'll find out when it comes.

Static2093

Reaction score
I work for gateway and if u buy a computer from Oct 15 2006 - Jan 25 u will get a free upgrade to vista but we been playing with vista and it gots alot of bugs!

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
but what are the advantages
what can you do better what you couldn't do before?
please inform me

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Grap,

The MAIN advantage of Vista is that its a 64 bit OS. Meaning that it can take advantage of the newer 64 bit processors. That should, theoretically, allow the system to run almost twice as fast.

But One is correct here. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! First, there are always too many bugs when MS first offers an OS. Second, none of the apps that people really use (Photoshop, etc.) are written for 64 bit yet. Once those apps are out and have gotten their bugs out, and Vista has stabilized a bit, then consider getting Vista. You probably need to figure on at least six months to a year before that happens. So no rush.

Edit***

For those wanting to get a "score" on their current machines, here's the MS website where you can download the applet that will give you an idea if your machine will run Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

Good luck.

Last edited:

Epc525

Reaction score
onerythym,
its not just how much ram you have. I dual boot with xp prof and vista ultimate. to me it seems like vista is faster for the limited types of software ive used. Internet explorer runs smoother. It could just be because I dont have antivirus software bogging it down, but the main problem i foresee with vista is that people are going to put it on machines that just arent that well equipped. Sure the OS will run (ive seen xp run on 256 of ram, its not real fun) but there are going to be issues with performance. From my understanding Vista seems to be a high end OS. It should have been marketed to gamers and media user and a scaled down version released to the masses. Most people dont even use the features available in windows xp. why will they need the great tools in vista. Ok im done with my rant. By the way what speed ram do you have and what processor r u using?