• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

PC gamers to be forced to pay XBOX Live subscription ???

kimosabi

Reaction score
hey guys

just heard a rather nasty rumour (i must state it IS a rumour at the moment, i have only seen it on GameCentral, ITV teletext games page)

other related items are about the possibility of combining PC and console gamers into one community
by that i think they mean anybody that has a microsoft product (operating system / console, as i dont believe they will let a PS3 onto the service)

i cant remember the exact wording, and nothing is confirmed at the moment
but either way i see this as a travesty,

we spend hundreds or thousands on our machines, and we do not need this retarded xbox live to play online games, if they even think of trying to charge us to play our games online, im going to buy a PS3 and play their free online service

either way, i see it has good points, and bad points (the combination of PC and console gamers i mean)

it is, somewhat unfair at the moment, until every console owner has a keyboard & mouse (for FPS & RTS) and every PC gamer, has a joypad
until then, there will always be complaints over improper equipment (joypads suck for FPS, as keyboards suck for racing games (ever since the advent of touch sensitive buttons on joypads, as opposed to the on/off style of a keyboard))

sorry i cant post the full thing from teletext i fell asleep before i came to posting about it, and now its the next days page :bah:
but for full info, search google for
"pc gamers xbox live"
without the quotes, it should bring up relevant pages

had to post something somewhere about this, most of my friends are console gamers, and refuse to even contemplate online gaming, if only they knew what they are missing

please post any corrections / further information / opinions
im usually wrong, so im used to being corrected

kimosabi

Reaction score
some more information released yesterday about this

apparently it will not be forced onto us PC gamers, but if we wish to play against XBOX'ers we will have to pay, so therefore we wont do it :p

it will happen on the release of HALO 2 for PC, as part of windows live, or something like that

you want more accurate/in-depth information, dont get it from a stoner like me ;)

Corpse

Reaction score
I'd pay if the server system on games like COD3 were not so screwed up. I mean, come on. Can't they have a normal game lobby like computers have had for oh a decade or so.

bignick

Reaction score
I read this somewhere. It's not exactly what you're thinking. I believe they're calling it Windows Live...basically Xbox Live for PCs. It will basically give you access to an overall ranking system and to have achievements like Xbox Live has for the Xbox 360. Unless a game is designed from the beginning to be cross-platform playing...it will still be PC vs. PC and Console vs. Console. For example, if you get a Windows Live account for Halo 2 for the PC, you'll only be playing against other Halo 2 PC players...and not console players. You just get access to the rankings and achievements as stated earlier. However, some games are being designed to play against consoles. For example, Shadowrun is being designed to have PC and Xbox 360 owners playing against/with each other. Because of this, they will require a Windows Live account to take advantage of it. I'm not sure if that is the only way to play online with that game (for example, if you don't have Windows Live, you might be able to play in a PC only room). We'll just have to see.

kimosabi

Reaction score
i only read it from one source, that usually is reliable, but then i had the hour between reading it and typing it, so, small errors may have crept in

well in that case there are gonna be no gamers playing online MS games

we pay out all this money for a computer that will run good games, and then have to pay another ?100 - 200 for a crappy MS operating system, and after that, you have the game for ?30, now they want us to pay to play each other, if that is the case, they can go fuck i say, specially if its only for a ranking system
has there been any news on wether you will be able to play normally online, or will it just be pay to play

if so im going the ps3 route, where once i have bought a game i can play who / what i feckin want with it

why would we need a ranking system governed by MS anyway, xblive and its ranking system are about as accurate as a drunk man with a gun (1000 points per game, no matter what the game, or how difficult/easy, some can be finished in as little a 2 hours, for an extra 1000 on your gamer score, hence why some people have such a high score)

i for one will not be bothering with anything that uses retarded ranking systems

aside from REALLY wanting to play crysis, but it'll be about 2 years untill i can afford a computer to run the mofo

notthisone

Reaction score
that drives me nuts, most of the console players are asshole kids who play nothing but superficial twitch games instead of ones with substance

Epc525

Reaction score
I thought I should bring some non noob comments in. I think that pc gamers should be excited about opening up a whole new group of people to play against. I own a 360 and play pc games. There isnt 1 that is better then the other. It all has to do with preference. Xbox live is one of the best innovations to online gaming. $50 a year is well worth it. If you want to stay in the past that is fine, but don't bash microsoft for trying to make online gaming better and makeing a little money while their at it. Just play lan games and stop complaining.

h1t3a4

Reaction score
that drives me nuts, most of the console players are asshole kids who play nothing but superficial twitch games instead of ones with substance

I'm curious.
Which are superficial twitch games and which are ones with substance?

MichealAbernathy1234

Reaction score
This is just my humble noob opinion, but i believe Microsoft is going to screw the gaming community just like it screwed up the computer industry.

I for one have never even played an xbox. I refuse to feed the never-ending Microsoft Empire and it's quest for global Domination :lol:

Epc525

Reaction score
This is just my humble noob opinion, but i believe Microsoft is going to screw the gaming community just like it screwed up the computer industry.

I for one have never even played an xbox. I refuse to feed the never-ending Microsoft Empire and it's quest for global Domination :lol:

wait, what operating system are you using right now?

MysterioX

Reaction score
I used to play xbox live on the old Xbox and it was great, i have all good memories of playing things like wolfenstein and rainbow six.
Now i would think about paying, but only on the condition that the subscription were to include both formats because i really dont want to have to be paying $50 to play the xbox and another $50 to play pc.

Epc525

Reaction score
I totally agree $50-$60 a year should cover both. You can access your account online for no extra charge at the moment so I would assume their not gonna get that greedy.