• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Downloading pics from Imagevenue - Tutorial

jessicajoanne

LTJ's exp0sed Llama Goddess
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
moosehead said:
My problem is when you click on thet humbnail and it opens the new page that is when I get the red X. Anyone have a solution for this.

Thanks

When the switch to vbulliten happened, it screwed up some of the links. Anywhere that there was a & symbol, it added amp; to it.

To fix these links, when you get the pic in the new browser, look for amp; and delete it from the link. The picture should work then.

Also, if you find a thread with broken images, PM a mod about it instead of saying something in the thread. We are all slowly trying to fix all the broken threads, but it is a process, seeing how many threads there are.

Hope this helps.

example:
This is a broken link- won't open
http://img3.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc184&image=35f_87lama.jpg

Delete the part in the red (amp; ) and now it works.
http://img3.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc184&image=35f_87lama.jpg

MasterCool

Reaction score
moosehead said:
i saw that earlier but I checked the links that I am clicking and it not on there. The ads show up but the picture doesn't.

Yeah, Im having the same problem, no imagevenue links have been working for me the last week. Its not the :amp problem, the link is fine, the picture just won't show up.

jessicajoanne

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Okay, then it is the second problem. Imagevenue is upgrading their servers, so they have been taking them offline temporarily. The pictures are most likely still there, the images just won't load.

Most of the links that are not working are on the img3 server. We have been told it should be back up soon.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
THINGS TO TRY:

CHECK YOUR FIREWALL SETTINGS AND MAKE SURE ITS NOT BLOCKING ANYTHING

CLEAR YOUR CACHES AND TEMP INTERNET FILES

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER TO TEST (IE / Firefox)

Last edited:

jessicajoanne

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Another thing to try:

When the image opens up, check the link.. if it has this --70.85.10.106-- in it, you need to replace that with --imagevenue.com-- and that will show the picture. I have been having issues with this lately too.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
They probably changed IP addresses, or else they are having DNS problems. You're always safer to use the domain name, rather than the IP address.

BigD

Reaction score
I like how their message said "for the next 48 hours",it's only been a week.As for the IP address,I've had mine bookmarked since I started using it and haven't had a problem.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
OK. Not sure if this goes here but here goes.

Periodically, I'll click on a thumbnail at ImageVenue and get this,

"Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /var/www/html/img.php on line 36"

Sometimes it says line 18. Once I see this then anything loaded to that server at the same tiime results in the same message. Thus unusable. Is this a problem with my machine? The server? Or the person that posted the pics? Any ideas? I've looked elsewhere for this and have seen no one else mention it.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
thats a script error, so it would be a problem with IV's server. it may not be a permanent error, it could just be a glitch.

causes could include, the server being overloaded with traffic, or a faulty hard drive in the server, or the script just wasn't written well in the first place.

edit: i just noticed it. make sure there is no "amp;" in the address.

Last edited:

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
There's no need to repeat everything over and over again. I think everything has been covered already, so everyone just read over this whole thread and it should help.

BOTTOM LINE: IT WORKS FOR ME AND MOST OTHER PEOPLE, SO IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS, ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTER

(unless, they have that particular server down for maintenance or something)

jessicajoanne

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
New From the Imagevenue site:
http://www.imagevenue.com/redx.html

Problem: When you click on a thumbnail to view a large pic, you get a red-x.
Imagevenue only accepts connections from known hosts to prevent a possibility of an attack on our servers. Your browser's Cookie settings or your firewall settings might effect your ability to view images.
IE solution:
Make sure scripting, ActiveX controls, cookies, and Java applets are enabled in Internet Explorer.
To do so, follow these steps:
a. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
b. Click the Security tab, and then click Default Level (if it is available) for the zone which contains the Web page (for example, Internet).
c. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, click the Privacy tab, and then click Default (if it is available).

Are you using a Firewall or "filtering software"?
Several of these are known to cause problems:
1) Zone Alarm Pro [Private Header Info - enabled?] Reset "Ad Blocking" and "Cookie Control" to "medium" "Mobile Code Control" = Off
2)Norton from Symantec (ISS\NIS)[Enable Browser Privacy - enabled] Solution: If you do have NIS installed on your PC, disable it quickly and see if you can view images from imagevenue.
If yes, UPGRADE your NORTON FIREWALL TO 2005!!!

3) Any "ad blocking" software that blocks "http_referrer" or contains entries that are blocking access to the desired site.

Firefox Solution:
Type 'about:config' in the url address bar. Look for 'network.http.sendRefererHeader' By default, this should be set at 2 If it is set to 0 - which disables sending referrers - right click it, select 'Modify' and enter 2 as the value. If that doesn't work, try a value of 1

singhr

Reaction score
If yes, UPGRADE your NORTON FIREWALL TO 2005!!!
Do NOT upgrade to Norton Firewall. You might get ImageVenue to work but guaranteed you'll have a plethora of other problems.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
singhr said:
Do NOT upgrade to Norton Firewall. You might get ImageVenue to work but guaranteed you'll have a plethora of other problems.
Agreed. Norton Anti Virus is a good program, but all of their other products (ie. Norton Firewall) suck serious ass.

bronco

Reaction score
i m using firefox and i dont want to upgrade to norton firewall and i dont want to turn off my current firewall to view pictures because im tired of the viruses and spyware that get on my computer.

The Chief

Reaction score
is anyone else having problems uploading pics? lately, whenever I upload 10 pics, I get 3, 4 broken links in the gallery IV spits back. then I have to go back re-upload the ones that didn't work. I realise there's nothing that can be done about it, I just wanna know if it's affecting some of you.

E

expo

The Chief said:
is anyone else having problems uploading pics? lately, whenever I upload 10 pics, I get 3, 4 broken links in the gallery IV spits back. then I have to go back re-upload the ones that didn't work. I realise there's nothing that can be done about it, I just wanna know if it's affecting some of you.

I've also been having this problem - Ive gone back to posting 5 pics at a time, this works with no trouble.

thedragon

Reaction score
I CAN SEE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD, imagevenue has been fixed and I no longer have to see multiple little red X's from hell. Thanks to the techs that finally ironed out the kinks in one of the most popular used image sharing sites.

The Chief

Reaction score
and it looks like the multiple pic upload function is back