• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

"come and get it" a genuine issue

prince

Reaction score
Recently i have been getting this female voice that says "come and get it" over my speakers. even if i dont have my browser open. it seems 2 happen only when i am logged in2 aim. I have run avg, ad-aware,spyware doctor, but to no avail. Can any1 shed any light on2 this problem, it is quite irritating. thanx.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
prince,

Thats a new one to me.

First, are you running a software firewall (other than Windows' piece of crap)? Go find ZoneAlarm Free version, download and install it, and then keep a close eye on its icon in the system tray. If it tells you there is inbound or outbound traffic when you know there shouldn't be, you can identify it and, more than likely, stop it.

Second, do a Google search on the Windows command MSCONFIG. Learn to use it as its one of the easiest ways to find stuff running that shouldn't be.

Have you installed any software recently that may be doing that? I tend to doubt that but you have to ask.

Lastly, read this thread and get back to us. Its probably a bit dated but it does have a lot of good info and links.

http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t10138-useful-links-computer-security-spyware-spam-etc.html

Good luck.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
Recently i have been getting this female voice that says "come and get it" over my speakers. even if i dont have my browser open. it seems 2 happen only when i am logged in2 aim. I have run avg, ad-aware,spyware doctor, but to no avail. Can any1 shed any light on2 this problem, it is quite irritating. thanx.

I don't understand logged in2 aim.
What's aim.?

C0BRA

The Rise of Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Comodo Firewall over Zonealarm.

I got sick of having to reboot all the freaking time with Zonealarm and and have since been glad due to Comodo being far superior.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score

I got sick of having to reboot all the freaking time with Zonealarm and and have since been glad due to Comodo being far superior.

Cobra,

Thanks for the info. I've been getting a bit tired of ZoneAlarm's monthly (or so) updates and have been thinking of changing. I've never heard of Comodo (other than the dragon) so I'll have to check it out.

OFFicerJACK

Reaction score

Don't know what kind of pop-ups, if any, that you get with aim but it could be those annoying ads for animated icons. Some now have sound! I don't remember what website it was but every once in a while I'd hear "Hellooooo" in a flaky female voice. Turned out to be an animated icon. Piece of crap...

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of pop-ups, if any, that you get with aim but it could be those annoying ads for animated icons. Some now have sound! I don't remember what website it was but every once in a while I'd hear "Hellooooo" in a flaky female voice. Turned out to be an animated icon. Piece of crap...

OJ,

Had forgotten all about those stupid animated icons and mouse cursors. Yup, those could be the problem.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This actually happened to me not five minutes ago. I can almost guarantee that it is AIM. It made me want to club a baby donkey.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
This actually happened to me not five minutes ago. I can almost guarantee that it is AIM. It made me want to club a baby donkey.

Boom,

I'd do a Google search on that right away. It must be spreading. I don't use AIM but I think your right that this must be an AIM problem. Your not using any of those animated cursors are you?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, it went away as soon as I signed out of AIM. I just leave the speakers off. It's some ad thing for smilies that they run. I've seen it on an old torrent...I mean fully legal site that had this stupid ad for smilies. It's not a problem.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
No, it went away as soon as I signed out of AIM. I just leave the speakers off. It's some ad thing for smilies that they run. I've seen it on an old torrent...I mean fully legal site that had this stupid ad for smilies. It's not a problem.

Boom,

Well, it sounds as if you've solved that problem. That would be really annoying though.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
You really need to read this article in PC World about the The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time. Guess which company tops the list! What does "AIM" stand for?

It's nothing but a virus that you can't get rid of. My niece uses it and every time I'm on their computer, I disable it. Reboot, and it's back! You can't get rid of that piece of junk!

There are several other IM programs you can run that will connect with that worthless software.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Swede,

GREAT article! Thanks so much! AOL #1, so true, so true. And Real Player #2. What a piece of crap.

Everyone should read this article. Well worth the while.

prince

Reaction score
thanx every1. the "come and get it" is still heard, but i will b switching IM programs soon.

onerythym, how bout a digsby code? thanx.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
If you look there is probably a little ad playing on your AIM messenger itself. They do that...but everyone has pretty much established that it is AIM. AIM just sucks, man! lol

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score

I just went to their site to download it and they JUST released a new version yesterday. So if any of you have it...version 3.0 came out yesterday.

The old 2.4 version was 7.57 MB where the new 3.0 version is 20.0 MB!

Installing now!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Installing now!

Kane,

Well, what do you think of it? I did a little research on it and was not really happy with some of the comments I found. I've downloaded the newest version but am hesitant about installing it. Please let me know what you think.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

Well, what do you think of it? I did a little research on it and was not really happy with some of the comments I found. I've downloaded the newest version but am hesitant about installing it. Please let me know what you think.

I'm trying it out and seeing what all it has to offer. Give me a day or so and I'll post what I think on here...

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

Well it's pretty good. You have to disable little pop ups from coming up in the right bottom task bar that basically says that the firewall is learning...

But yeah...no problems so far...I would say try it out and see what you think yourself. Just remember to disable your Windows firewall. You can have one hardware and one software but no more than one of each.