• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Java Problem

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
I've been having issues with java for about a year now. Recently, I've been spending more time trying to figure out what is wrong but I've hit a wall. I use IE and whenever I try to run a java-related internet application (chat rooms, fantasy football drafts, etc.), I always get red x's and/or messages telling me that i need the "Java Plug-in."

According to the java website, this plug-in is part of the current java program (or whatever it is) and I therefore deleted the one I had and installed the most current edition available. To my dismay, upon running a few java applet tests on java.com, I am told this:......"Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!......end quote.

I've already gone to internet options/advanced settings and clicked the box for "enable java console" and nothing changed (so that is not the solution).

I have never used a browser other than IE so is there one that is much better with java applications?

It is also possible that some sort of firewall is blocking it but I find that unlikely as I only use AVG, Ad-aware, and spybot.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
Preferred, the problem that the person on that forum thread has is indeed the same one that I'm experiencing. Unfortunatley, I've already tried all of the suggestions that people have given and nothing has helped.

They say to open the Java Console before opening a java applet but when the applet doesn't work, the console shows no messages at all, let alone an error message.

On the surface, it would appear as though my java settings are fine but internet explorer is just ignoring them for some reason. So, I'm gonna download firefox and see if that works.

Thanks for the help so far and if anyone has more suggestions, please share.

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
Well, I downloaded firefox and my java works just fine on it.
I'm starting to understand why so many people hate IE.
Thanks Mysterio and Preferred....tech talk to the rescue!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Due to some legal issues, Java is no longer included with IE by default. You have to install a separate plug in. When you go to a site that uses a Java app, it will launch the plug in automatically.

Its kind of a pain in the ass, but it doesnt cause that much trouble and there is no extra spyware or anything.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
Its kind of a pain in the ass, but it doesnt cause that much trouble and there is no extra spyware or anything.

Cman,

Thats accurate, to a point. Although there is no spyware or malware included with the Java applet, people are finding that some websites today (a lot of adult sites) are putting scripts in their sites that inserts malware when someone visits their site (they're calling this a drive-by attack). Its probably the primary way today to pick up malware.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
well my response to that is its simply the "online natural selection". survival of the fittest in terms of having the properly anti-virus and such installed.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
"online natural selection". survival of the fittest...

Jeez, the spammers and malware makers must be having a field day if thats true. Most people I know, when you start talking about such stuff, go "duuuuuuhhhhh".