• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Computer problems, Help Needed

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Please help me. I'm not giving up on this old fuck just yet. The screen is black at all times when plugged in, even when it beeps, but it does beep, and my bro says that the computer knows the card is there. My question is, could it be that my power supply is too low? I believe it is 160w which i'm sure is lower than what is recommended, so is it possible that without enough power, the card will not produce to the monitor? Or should it atleast come on with this extreme low power? The fan on the card runs, but i see nothing. I'm just trying to narrow it down till i know its not gonna work for the sake of the $100 bucks i paid for this fucking hard to find pci video card. The frick'n agp version of this card is less than half price!!! Help

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Duke if that power supply is really just 160 Watt I highly suspect that. Assuming there is no problem with the video card or the way it's seated in the slot, then by all means a horseshit modern video card could pull enough to swamp a 160 Watt supply, much less a decent video card.

There is a code to motherboard beeps. Just Google "motherboard beeps" and you'll get a listing. If it's just one beep, that can be normal boot up. But any combination of beeps is the motherboard trying to tell you something.

Go buy at least a 300 Watt supply. If it doesn't help, take it back. But I've seen this one before with an old computer. It can be very tough to get an old fossil to work with a Best Buy video card. If possible, get the simpliest, dumbest video card you can find, but try that power supply too.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey Duke,

What happens when you put the old video card back in the mobo? If everything goes back to normal and only screws up with the new video card, then more than likely you need a new power supply. I would probably go with at least a 350 watt supply but I guess that depends on how long you plan on keeping the old thing working. Shoot, I just pitched an old 200 watt supply that I thought I'd never have a use for. Also, if your not planning on keeping or rebuilding the box, consider finding a used store around you somewhere. You can probably get an old NVidia 64 mb board for $20 to $30 (or less).

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I finally got it working!! It was because i could not uninstall the old drivers so i disabled them. Now i have the newest drivers and it will not read them apparently because the old ones are still there? I even tried a drivers uninstallation program that didn't work! When my computer is restarted it says new hardware detected!!!!! Damnit i've loaded that disk a million times and the stupid fucker still says its new. It looks 50 times better on games, but the fps is waay too low, and it doesn't affect it when i lower the quality or resolution so it leads me to believe that it isn't using the drivers that i have installed. I have xp pro, so does this mean that when i look for the latest drivers for my card, i should get xp pro display drivers, or are there seperate drivers dealing with games/graphics, because all i could find were the xp display drivers? I still need to get a new power supply, this one is choking, and i appreciate your help guys! ;)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Hoo boy, where to start. I think, if I were you, that I would go get that power supply ASAP and stick it in. It could take care of that fps problem right off the bat as I'm about 90% sure that the lack of power is choking the video card.

Just went back and checked your initial post on this and need some clarification.

"hard to find pci video card."

Your installing a PCI video card? Does that mean that you also have an AGP in the box? So your intent is to run dual video? With dual monitors? If those are correct, then you have to get the power supply as video cards are known to draw more power than virtually everything else in the box. And if your trying to run dual video, you might want to get a more powerful supply. I was just checking yesterday, and a 500 W supply at CompUSA is about $100.

Please answer these questions and we'll see whats next.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
yeah the new card is pci, and im throwing away the old agp card. The whole problem started when i tried putting my bro's 9800 agp card into my computer. It was way too long to fit into my slot so i just assumed that meant that the slot was pci. So i bought a pci card, and now i find out that the slot was agp, so apparently the newer agp cards are a little different or something because the box my motherboard came in clearly shows the slot as agp, and my old card says agp, but the 9800 wont fit. Next week i'll get the power supply, you're right, i bet the card isn't getting the power it needs.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Are you sure the 9800 won't fit into the AGP slot? Newer (the last 4 or 5 years) AGP cards have an extension on them that basically allows the back end of the card to fit into a small hole that locks the back end into the slot. But on most of these cards, they should still fit into the AGP slot. They just won't lock down. Have you tried that? Put the old card and the 9800 next to each other and compare them. There should be a length at the front where they are the same, and then a break, and then the extension. If thats the case, try actually sticking the 9800 in the mobo (carefully). It should fit. As far as I know, an AGP is an AGP.

Personally, I would return the PCI card and keep the PCI slot open for other things. Stick with an AGP. Oh, and don't throw the old AGP card away, keep it around if, for no other reason, testing. I have two old 64 MB NVidia cards that I use for testing or emergency.

And do pick up the power supply, the 9800 sucks a lot of power.