• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Registry Monitor

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good registry monitor? It doesn'l need to be extremely complex but my roommate is having some problems with an app and I need to confirm what I suspect is going on.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I don't know if it monitors anything, but a good tool for cleaning / repair / fixing your registry is Registry Mechanic.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
CMan,

Here's the problem. My roommate is in a graphic arts program at school and this semester is required to use a program called Strata 3D. Apparently, its new to the PC world but has been in use with Macs. She can only get and use the latest version of the app. but the school has an earlier version (not PC compatable). The app is about $700 (maybe $350 with an educational discount) so she can't afford it, especially if she only is going to use it for the semester.

So, since she's downloaded a trial version, I was thinking that if I could figure out all of the registry entries that the app made, maybe we could uninstall and reinstall enough to get through the semester.

Does that make sense?

Do you think Reg. Mechanic will do that?

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
No, I know Reg Mechanic real well. Use it all the time but it won't do that. I've done a search in the Registry to delete all the entries for a program, then reinstalled. Works on a lot of them that have a fuse, but can't guarantee.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Thats what I was thinking of doing but just wondered if there was a better way. By the way, whats a "fuse".

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
what you're looking for is someone to crack the program for you. although i don't have the "leet skillz" to do it myself, its a fairly common practice in the underworld and i'm sure you could get some help somewhere.

illegal? what? no, officer, i wasn't talking about anything illegal. pfffttt.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
CMan,

I've already thought of that and tried to find it with no luck. Apparently its such a specialized program that no one has it. And apparently the mfg's don't care a lot about potential customers as my roommate called them to explain the situation and they said, "Oh well." So, it looks like I'll have to try manual registry edit and see if that works. Who knows, might just get lucky.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
A "fuse" is my term for something that blows up after a delay. If a trial program stops after 30 days it has a 30 day fuse. In fact, that's exactly what I do............er I mean.....ummmm....that's what I've heard some people do with Registry Mechanic. I just.......I mean some people search the registry for all referrences to the program, delete them all and you've got a fresh 30 days.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

OK, that makes sense as a definition. This app has a very different fuse. Instead of 30 days, it has 30 uses. First time I've seen it. She's having to keep the app up and running almost all the time and it really consumes some resources.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen that one. Sounds like it might be fooled by System Restore.......

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Interesting idea. May be worth a try.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
If you still have a restore point from before the app was installed, go back there right now. Then delete all the program files and reinstall. As long as you don’t loose the restore point, you should be able to get her through the semester.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what she's going to do now. I've lain out the options for her and I think she understands them but she seems to be leaning towards going ahead and buying the app (she's found the educational version on the web for about $260 but she's not yet sure if its the full version or the upgrade). But, since the school hasn't upgraded to the new version, and the new version is not backward compatable, she's got some thinking to do.