• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Trouble with Media Player

sports_fan39

Reaction score
every time i download a AVI file and try to play it in windows media player, it won't work, can some one help me out please?

maddgreek

Fap Fap Fap Fap
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
google VLC media player and use it for everything

doododd

Reaction score
I had the same problems and downloaded the DivX add-on (DivX for Windows 6.8). You can find it at divx.com

I can now play all/most types in Windows media player.

Good luck

EvolutionSelene

The Resident Lady of Leisure
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I have the same problems. It plays for a few seconds then the video freezes but oddly the audio continues.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, just download the K-Lite Codec pack like KA said, it works!

gafla10

Reaction score
my advice is to forget wmplayer even the most recent and use VLC player it is the best of its kind

ghostdog210

Reaction score
Or download K-Lite Codec pack, so you can play avis with every media player you have: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm
Every time I use KLite, I get a "necessary codec" screen, I select default, and the vids play.:nuts: Any clue what that screen means? It never appears with VLC, but KLite is easier to control videos. I get the same screen with ClassicMPlayer, too. I uninstalled them to install them and see which is the problem. All I dop is click "ok" and the videos start playing screenshot:
2ykcd5e.jpg

ptb_666777

Reaction score
Use vlc it is pimp, but if you wanna be spyed on by microsoft, find Nimo's codec pack. be careful to read everything as some of the codec's will mess you up pretty bad if you don't need them there are a few vertions of nimo's so take your time looking. k-lite is junk.

marquis

Reaction score
I have a variety of players on my computer and to be honest there isn't a best one overall.What I do know is I rarely use Windows Media Player.
I like VLC for its image controls-including gamma and sharpness , but some files it won't play. I like BSPlayer-it has image controls too and a skip back/forward facility operated by the mouse wheel.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I also use, Real alternative and qt alternative(old wmp with codecs to support real and qt.(windows media player classic)) if vlc fails wmp classic usually handles it. To the best of my knolage wmp classic is clean, unlike wmp. divx player sucked 4 me. winamp is lame, I have herd good things about b.s.player as well as bad. I haven't used it vcl and wm classic(real,qt alternative)play every clip/movie/song I have ever encounter. Nimo's codec pack is what I contribute to my success.

Johnny7

Reaction score
VLC is the most clever, it plays anything. Kmplayer is very usefull and come with its own codecs. wmv extension is very problematic in a lot of cases; I refuse it if I can.