• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Obituaries (R.I.P. -- Celebrity Death Announcements)

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
RIP Hunter Thompson
The originator of "gonzo journalism" and author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" has died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reverend James

Reaction score
Yeah, I was reading about Hunter's crazy life this morning and then was shocked when I read that he killed himself. No pity for the suicidal, but the world has lost one of its modern classics.

bobobill

war on drugs veteran
Reaction score
I always figured that he would decide his own fate. He never seemed like the kind guy to sit back and wait for things to happen.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked. But bobobill is correct. Thompson doesn't seem the type of guy to die of old age.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about his death earlier today on the news.

Hunter S Thompson, the American counterculture writer, has been found dead at his home in Colorado.

Thompson's son, Juan, found his body. He said the 67-year-old shot himself.

He is best-known for his 1972 account of a drug-addled Nevada trip, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Other books are Hells Angels and Generation of Swine.

Thompson pioneered "gonzo journalism", a factual style in which the writer was an essential part of the story, and was an acute observer of American life.

For more visit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4282865.stm

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
Thompson had been participating in the media again during the John Kerry campaign.
Before that, I hadn't read anything by or about him for a while.
The suicide was surprising, and I also agree that he was "destined" to go out on his own terms...

Reverend James

Reaction score
He had been pictured and featured (as a writer) in PLayboy a few times in the last few months.

bobobill

war on drugs veteran
Reaction score
He is going out with a bang. His ashes will be shot out of a cannon over his ranch in Colorado. Aperantly he had a facination with explosions and things that went bang. I see no better way for him to finally be one with this crazy mixed up world.

boriqueno

Reaction score
R.I.P. John Paul II

MI GENTE, AUNQUE NO PROFESO LA RELIGION CATOLICA, ES LAMENTABLE VER COMO LA SALUD DEL PAPA HA RECAIDO EN EL DIA DE HOY. SI ES LA VOLUNTAD DE DIOS DE LLEVARLO AL CIELO,QUE ASI SEA.

1920-2005,RIP, PAPA JUAN PABLO II

Last edited by a moderator:

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I don't speak that language, so I don't know what it says, but I will assume its about the pope, so i'll say it in english.

Whether you are Catholic or not and whether you are religious or not, I think everyone should say a prayer for John Paul II. He was a great man and did an unmeasurable amount of good for the world.

Iceberg

Reaction score
I agree, boriqueno and cman. I'm not Catholic, but I think that he was tremendous and he was a strong force for justice and compassion.

My God bless his soul and here's hoping the next Pope continues JPII's great legacy.

Red Horse

Reaction score
I certainly didn't agree with all his policies, but I will say this. He was a man of conviction, and a man who tried to get his message across without resorting to violence. In my opinion, in these days of "might makes right", he was truly a holy man. Rest in peace Karol Wojtyla, Pope John Paul II.

boriqueno

Reaction score
Besides the Religion of Catholicsm, he did alot for his people (of Poland) and washed of influence of communism there

His global influence is big...so this is a big loss

Machiaveli

Reaction score
As a "catholic" I feel like the Vatican is now a chicken running without its Head. We lost a great leader. Although i didnt agree with some of his beliefs, i am glad for what he did for my father's homeland (Poland), as well as for the rest of Humanity.

He was one of the few people in power, who was so connected with the people he worked for. He Bridged religions, influenced freedom and liberty throughout the world, and helped poor nations.

It is sad loss for the world. Not many people like him around anymore.

moxdevil

Reaction score
Is this the same man who stuck by the line of refusing contraceptives to Africans, who called homosexuals evil, who likened abortion on any grounds to the holocaust, and who refused to speak out against the atrocities that his underlings commit against children? If for the forceable future this office has to be tolerated then lets hope for a more liberal-minded person than him.

Machiaveli

Reaction score
He had his personnal beliefs, and encouraged people to disagree with him. He influenced democracy, and i have never ever witnessed a leader that was so close to his people, he reached out to them, especially to the youth.

He Bridged Religions together.. He wasn't affraid to go into war zones and tell people to have faith, and be strong.

He helped rid communism. He was the Holy Father, Poland's guidance to Freedom.

He forgave the person who attempted to assassinate him. How many would do that? he Praticed what he preached.

moxdevil

Reaction score
His personal beliefs were aired public, and for someone in such a position of responsibility, they would be taken seriously. He shouldn't be praised for practicing what he preaches-Adolf Hitler did this also and we rightly don't praise him. If what one preaches is vile and inhumane, then one hopes one never gets to practice it.