• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Religion Vs The Big Bang Theory?

INDYvidual

Reaction score
Religion Vs The Big Bang Theory?
Which do you think is more logical? Which do you believe in?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Bottom line is we will probably never be 100% sure, so any thoughts you have are largely based on personal belief and speculation. Even smart people like Einstein and Hawking are still only making educated guesses. Thats why they're called "theories".

I do believe in God, but I don't believe that he magically flipped a switch and everything appeared.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of positions besides Relgion or Big Bang.....and I'm not convinced those two can't live together.

Brianwp

Reaction score
I think there are a lot of positions besides Relgion or Big Bang.....and I'm not convinced those two can't live together.

Right. Who's to say that there is a God that just put this whole thing in motion? "Ex nihil nihil est", from nothing, nothing comes. To have a creation you have to have a creator. The evidence supports the big bang theory..but who's to say the big bang wasn't caused by a superior being? Did the universe just exist in eternity without a cause and effect? I believe that everything as we know it, or even just life itself...had to come about with some sort of plan or logic. If it all just suddenly appeared...what made it appear? There has to be a first cause. I'm not saying I believe God just said "let there be...everything, etc.", and it all just magically happened. But didn't some intelligent thought have to go into the creation of everything that exists? Unfortunately, like Cman said, it's something we'll never know. More specifically, I think it's something we don't have the capacity to ever know. Our minds are finite, while time and space are infinite...a concept our little brains can't grasp.

Brianwp

Reaction score
By the way, I'm going to keep digging up these old threads until some members besides Tabler and Scoundrel start reacting and responding to them...you guys can use your big head as well as the little one...;)

tabler

Reaction score
Your on your own on this thread Brian. I have seen some of your posts on theology in the past. I wouldnt lock horns with you on this one mate.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right. Who's to say that there is a God that just put this whole thing in motion? "Ex nihil nihil est", from nothing, nothing comes. To have a creation you have to have a creator. The evidence supports the big bang theory..but who's to say the big bang wasn't caused by a superior being? Did the universe just exist in eternity without a cause and effect? I believe that everything as we know it, or even just life itself...had to come about with some sort of plan or logic. If it all just suddenly appeared...what made it appear? There has to be a first cause. I'm not saying I believe God just said "let there be...everything, etc.", and it all just magically happened. But didn't some intelligent thought have to go into the creation of everything that exists? Unfortunately, like Cman said, it's something we'll never know. More specifically, I think it's something we don't have the capacity to ever know. Our minds are finite, while time and space are infinite...a concept our little brains can't grasp.

Ah, the "First Mover" argument.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I believe everyone should do one thing. Watch Disney's "Fantasia". Seriously watch that shit and make sure there ain't no fucking kids in the room. The 1st person to smoke weed and watch that shit should be able to come back and give us the answer.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Been there, done that, Dukie. :crazy: But like you said, maybe the hokey pokey is what it's all about...

But seriously, there used to be an old saying..believing the universe just came into existence on it's own is like believing a big storm blew it's way through the door of a printing shop and left Webster's dictionary, (or something like that). Just the odds that our planet has water and is just the right distance from our sun to support life are incredibly...uh, incredible! So what's the odds that the universe even as we know it, with an estimated 80 billion galaxies, just happened on it's own? Nah, there's got to have been something that put this whole thing in motion.

The vastness of the universe is something beyond our comprehension, as is eternity. That's why I cannot rule out alien life. If our planet is in just the right place in our solar system to support life...well, there are hundreds of billions of other solar systems out there. I'm pretty sure it stands to reason that if we have the only planet in our one solar system that can support life, there's probably others in the other hundreds of billions of solar systems. I guess all I'm saying is...don't rule anything out. When it comes to questions like this, or the existence of God, no one can really prove it one way or the other. Or disprove it.

I have found a rather unique truth in life that comes from a law in physical science. For every action there is an equal opposite reaction. When you exert force to step off a dock onto a rowboat, the rowboat pushes away from the dock with the same force. Matter or energy cannot be created or destroyed. The same seems to apply to life. You wouldn't know hot without cold. You can't have a plus without a minus. You can't have happiness without sadness. You can't have good without evil. You can't have a God without a devil. And you can't have a creation without a creator.

Error_404

Making 'em disappear
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I am agnostic myself. I do hope there is a God but given how much that science can indisputably explain (theoretical science aside), I can't help but question whether or not he exists. As for Intelligent Design versus the Big Bang, as a firm believer in science and as Preferred User stated, I also believe there is a possibility that the two CAN exist together. Who's to say that God himself didn't set the laws of physics into motion but simply chooses to not interfere with them.

On the other hand, the Bible states that everything was created in six days (not seven as some state). Seeing as how the Bible was passed down for centuries by word of mouth, finally written down and then translated many times, whose to say that some creative license wasn't taken or misinterpretations occurred during translation. We already know for a fact that from the creation of the universe to the appearance of man spanned billions of years. So how much of the Bible is completely fictional?

However, if the Bible is 100% accurate, then the dinosaurs must have scared the shit out of Adam & Eve.

Brianwp

Reaction score
As for Intelligent Design versus the Big Bang, as a firm believer in science and as Preferred User stated, I also believe there is a possibility that the two CAN exist together. Who's to say that God himself didn't set the laws of physics into motion but simply chooses to not interfere with them.
On the other hand, the Bible states that everything was created in six days (not seven as some state). Seeing as how the Bible was passed down for centuries by word of mouth, finally written down and then translated many times, whose to say that some creative license wasn't taken or misinterpretations occurred during translation.

Oh yeah, I agree...that's part of what I'm saying. The two can agree...but it's still speculation. And you're absolutely correct about the bible...the whole story of creation was similarly told in Greek mythology 1500 years before. Only fundamentalists believe in the literal meaning of the bible, and that, to me, is pretty fuckin ignorant.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
The myth that there existed a god the ways its described in any bible has been busted many times by sciences and logic.

But I do agree, something caused the bigbang. I think whatever caused it (random or on purpose) was not meant to create life/humans. The fact that life exist is just luck (or perhaps a statistical probability with certain variables). There are millions (if not billions/trillions/ETC) of planets. Im sure there either used to be life or there will be life on many of them.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
These conversations always lead to a bad place. Anyway here is what i think. Everything is one, very hippie of me i know, but the building blocks of everything is the same exact thing, from dark matter to light itself. Science says at the peak of nano technology, nanobots will be able to take these small building blocks and instantly create a diamond. Something that takes forever to form naturally. So as for the light switch automatically creating everything, is it possible? Yes. And it's not even a white man with a long beard using magic to accomplish it. Actually in "theory" as much as you want to say one side is blown out of the water, its just not the case. Muslims say there are 42 levels of knowledge, humans are finally peaking at 1, aliens are at 2, and angels and lucifer are at 3. God is 42. Don't quote me on that but i do know that we came in higher than those thick tin cans that they made in the 60's to put beans in.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Well, I could take this a big step forward, but I was trying not to...but we could get into quantam mechanics and string theory, as well as the 11 known possible dimensions, of which after 10, all bets are off. This is a realm where science and religion can actually coexist, and beyond, because nothing as we know it really exists.

According to modern physicists, (not so much Einstein anymore, he didn't really like things that couldn't be explained), everything we know and perceive to be real is only real as processed by our own minds, just a misconception of sorts, created by our desire to make sense of and compartmentalize everything.

Instead of being just observers trying to make sense of everything, we are actually a part of everything...a place where time and space once again are only contrived concepts. We all have thoughts, wonders, and glimpses of another reality, which we write off to lack of sleep, or nonsense, or an overload of brain function. But this could very well be an insight into the real truth of a much higher reality.

I know this place well, not that I understand it, but I have experienced it very often in different planes of our understanding. We probably all have...deja vu, or otherworldly thoughts that keep passing through our conscience, or observing what some would call "paranormal" events. You have to remember our actual operating awareness of this existence is very minute...as much as we would like to think we know everything. But on the sub-atomic level, as in string theory, there's a world of things going on that we cannot understand...things that make no sense...things that transcend our realities and concepts of space and time. And we can say..."well, God existed in this place before the universe"...but why couldn't we take another step and say the universe existed before God? This is the really unanswerable part...because like I said we are dealing with humanly impossible concepts of eternity and infinity.

And this is not to say I understand quantam mechanics or string theory any more than the next guy. Just throwin it out there.

Snapper314

Reaction score
The funny thing is...

On a Grand Scale, they Both Work Together.

The Bible said... "and God said, Let there be Light."

According to the Big Bang theory, there was this incredibly massive explosion.

Who's to say the Big Bang wasn't what resulted when God said, "Let there be light."

:headbang: