• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Racism!?!?!?

celebwatcher

Reaction score
Originally posted by Iceberg:

Amen to that! We have/had nothing to do with these "sins" committed.

Yes, they WERE sins ----- if you consider terrible crimes committed against non-whites sins ( which, quite obviously, you don’t ) ! And anyone who doesn’t denounce them or defends colonialists, SHARES the blame for bleeding these people white ( excuse the pun ) ! Money looted from colonies was used to fund the construction of streets and bridges in parts of Europe which are still in use.

The international rule of law was not established until well after the colonial era. Therefore, no "crimes against humanity" charges can be levelled. As well, those who committed these "crimes" are long dead.

Er … WHEN exactly was this international rule of law established ? Three years ago ?

Hundreds of Indians died when British troops fired on them without provocation at a peaceful gathering in Jallianwallabagh, Panjab in 1919, the Sharpeville shootings in 1960 left 67 unarmed black demonstrators dead and ALL the killers walked free ( an Indian revolutionary called Udham Singh later managed to gun down Sir Michael O’Dyer, the then Lt Governor of Panjab who had backed the shootings ) which shows how colonialists literally got away with murder ! What price, modernization ?

Most Nazis are dead too but does that mean we should forget what they did ?

Also, whoever thought that colonialism constituted a "crime against humanity" is misguided.
Examples of colonised African nations include Egypt, Morocco, and South Africa. These colonised nations are in a much better position today, in part because of colonialism. European "colonisers" brought technology, better medicine, and skills uncolonised African nations would not have today. Life spans in colonised nations tend to be longer than those in the few nations uncolonised by Europeans.

Advanced technology thru colonization ? Bulls**t !

Iceberg, you’re forgetting that scientific knowledge, art and political ideas had been shared among civilizations for thousands of years thru exchange of information without the need to subjugate one another : had the Europeans maintained normal trade and cultural relations with Asian and African nations, the latter could still have learnt things from the West ! Of course, the white buccaneers found plundering nations infinitely more lucrative than doing business with them !

If ancient Hindu mathematicians didn’t invent the digit zero (0), and taught the Arabs its use ( who, in turn, passed on the knowledge to the Europeans ) , you probably wouldn’t be surfing the Net today ! Yet the Indians didn’t go around conquering half the world in the name of “modernizing” foreigners.

Let’s face it, there was NOTHING benevolent about colonization --- it was fuelled by naked greed for wealth ( which apparently ran in the blood of descendants of Goths, Vandals, Saxons and Gauls ) --- so, cut that we-civilized-those-ignorant-devils-they-should-be-thankful-to-us c**p because we’re sick and tired of hearing it ! There never was and never can be any justification for colonialism which is as shameful a chapter in the history of mankind as Nazism !

You’re beginning to sound like some of the right-wing English who try to glorify their imperial past by insisting that the British built an extensive railway network for the Indian masses, when in fact , the colonial rulers had built it to aid the Raj and NOT the natives ! Ditto for medical facilties and transport systems created by colonial powers throughout Africa keeping the white minority in mind --- only, there was a kind of trickle-down effect !

What about the Asian colonies which wound up poorer after their colonial masters had finished with them ? Besides, NOTHING is more precious than freedom.

celebwatcher

Reaction score
Originally posted by upnorth17

First of all, it was a joke. Second of all, I think you're taking this WAY too seriously for this forum. Where are the naked broads! Wait, that wasn't PC!

Sorry, if it sounded like I blew my cool back there ( actually I didn't -- I played on words, didn't I ? :) ) but I seriously believe liberal, tolerant and progressive whites deserve a little more respect than that for their efforts !

They risked angering the right-wingers in their own society as they tried to make the world a better place for living for EVERYONE and not just their own race !

Iceberg

Reaction score
So, celebwatcher, judging by your sentiments that colonialism was a terrible thing, you think that slavery is a shameful part of the history of the US. (I think it was terrible too, so don't get me wrong.) However, would you rather slavery never happened and those African-Americans living in the First World today not existed or instead be brought up in a non-colonised Africa where their lives would end at 30 from tribal violence, disease, or malnutrition? Sure, African-Americans experienced many hardships in the past (and some would argue today as well). However, today they live a life much better than they would in Africa.

Would you, if given the chance, change the course of history since the midpoint of the second millennium AD so colonisation would not happen? I think not! Sure, the course of history has had its problem points. Thousands and thousands of them. However, what kind of world would we be in if the history that is studied today never happened?

celebwatcher

Reaction score
Originally posted by Iceberg:

Actually, no. These members of the so-called "liberal intelligentsia" are far from liberal and also far from intelligent.

Let’s get some SENSE OF PROPORTION back in here , shall we !

Conservative whites have exploited and abused the blacks for decades and are not sorry about it but, quickly adopt a zero-tolerance policy as soon as they’re at the receiving end of one racist comment themselves !

Racists in the US --- and their right-wing friends --- often use hollow excuses like “the current generation of African-Americans haven’t suffered” to defend the rhetoric they use against a community scarred for life ( those who suffered had to organize a non-violent movement to win their civil rights ) !

Blacks have endured centuries of neglect and abuse in the hands of the whites and issues concerning them need careful and patient handling. You can win their confidence --- the liberals did --- if you treat them as equals and try to understand their needs and then, they won’t mind if you openly criticize some apect of their culture. Trouble is most right-wing whites cannot “afford” to swallow their pride and show any consideration for black people’s feelings ! It’s their aloofness and reserve that tend to make blacks distrustful. Little wonder then, that blacks are sensitive to criticism from this section of Caucasians --- it all figures !

Also, it seems as these PC advocates are racist and bigoted in their own way. They never hesitate to be racist towards whites and Jews, but call even the most minor comment, if directed towards a black, Muslim, or other visible minority, words such as "vile" and "hateful".

BTW, Liberal whites –-- probably the best thing that ever happened to this world ---- cannot , for very obvious reasons, be racist towards I’ll-kill-myself-if-I-am-a-goddamn-liberal whites :) ! ! They're merely being self-critical !

The liberals have always supported the underdogs and neither whites nor PRESENT-DAY Jews fit that description ! Mind you, the liberals sympathized with the Jews when they were being persecuted by --- guess who --- the RIGHT-WING WHITES ( not just the Nazis ) ! !

Liberal broad-minded Jews who don’t take their religion too seriously are really nice people but they’re in danger of finding themselves a minority : their community is dominated these days by conservative the-only-good-Arab-is-one-who-is-dead Jewish hardliners ( including ultra-orthodox Zionists ) who, like Muslims, are concerned only about their co-religionists worldwide and have absolutely no qualms about killing hundreds of innocent Lebanese ( including children ) on the off-chance of nailng one Hezbollah guerrilla simply because they can ; they need to be criticized in the strongest words possible if ONLY because their mindless offensive is driving disaffected Muslim youths into the eager arms of Radical Islamists the world over and making it difficult for everyone else to fight Islamic militancy ! And that’s precisely what the liberals are doing --- no more and no less ! That's not anti-semitism --- that's being humane !

Incidentally, weren't you complaining in another posting that black youths target anyone looking "Islamic" --- they have orthodox Jewish friends, you see !

Red Horse

Reaction score
Just to let you know, celebwatcher, my parents went through World War Two (yes, I'm that old, 41 to be exact), and they have more right than you to talk about Nazism, as do I, to be honest.

As to your rant about Caucasians (whites), what about the Huns? What about the Mongols? Were they not invaders of "white" Europe?

Basically what it comes down to is that you're someone that cannot have a civil discussion with anyone that doesn't have the same view as you.

KrilleP

Reaction score
Im a swedish guy and we dont have much racism here.

We have much people from all around the world.

Everyone should live happy and in peace :) so fuck racism :)

Iceberg

Reaction score
KrilleP said:
Im a swedish guy and we dont have much racism here.

Not by ethnic Swedes, maybe, but by many Muslim immigrants, there is a large problem. A lot of Muslims living in Sweden call for jihad, yell "Death to Jews and Infidels [non-Muslims]," "Death to Israel," and "Death to America," and kill their daughters for even dating an ethnic Swede.

If that's not racism, I have no idea what is.

celebwatcher

Reaction score
Originally posted by Iceberg :

“However, would you rather slavery never happened and those African-Americans living in the First World today not existed or instead be brought up in a non-colonised Africa where their lives would end at 30 from tribal violence, disease, or malnutrition?”

Strange as it may seem to you, the answer is yes !

Somehow, I can’t kid myelf into believing that getting rounded up like animals and shipped in chains ( and packed like sardines in overcrowded cargo holds, shackled in pairs in leg irons ) to distant shores to be whipped, underfed and worked to death on cotton or sugarcane plantations was a heavenly expeience compared to a life of freedom in one’s own country, no matter how short !

Nosireeee !

Let me remind you that Europeans DIDN’T invade Africa or enslave its population to improve their conditions : they were simply after cheap labour ( apart from gold, ivory, diamonds etc etc ) --- that could be owned for life and re-sold at a profit --- for their settlements in the New World ! Young slaves often died of starvation, disease and ill-treatment before their 30th birthdays so their life expectancy didn’t increase that much ‘in captivity’ , --- Western medicine was in its infancy in the 17th century and, in any case, slaves were often denied adequate healthcare --- and getting killed in a tribal war seems an honourable and glorious end in comparison! BTW, tribal disputes claimed far fewer lives in those days before Western culture brought with it deadly weapons and greed for material wealth ( no wonder, some of the worst dictators in Africa like Idi Amin and Bokassa came out of colonial armies ) ! And long before widespread poaching became a menace to the continent’s wildlife, white hunters had already pushed many species to the brink of extinction.

Without colonization / slave-trade, Africans would have STILL come in contact with European explorers, missionaries ( who had begun educating the blacks ) and traders and taken advantage of contemporary technology and medicine Western world had to offer; they would have eventually acquired new skills, learnt statecraft and taken their first steps towards building an egalitarian society free from tribal disputes. Incidentally, the liberal values traditionally associated with the Western civilization like free speech or gender equality barely existed in 17th century Europe !

Territorial ambition wasn’t considered a bad thing in the 17th century , I know , but most colonial rules continued well into the second half of the 20th century --- when it was !

I remember you showcasing Morocco and Egypt as examples of ‘success stories’ of colonialism. Aren’t you forgetting ex-colonies like Bangladesh and the Congo who’re virtually underdeveloped ? In contrast, Japan and Taiwan, who’ve never been colonized, grew into industrialized societies that compare favourably with any Western nation !

Sure, African-Americans experienced many hardships in the past (and some would argue today as well). However, today they live a life much better than they would in Africa.

I agree but nearly two centuries of brutalization, humiliation and exploitation were too heavy a price to pay for the high quality of life black Americans enjoy these days thanks to their long and bitter struggle and to the support they received from some kindly whites who treated them as equals. Unlike European immigrants who got a chance to realize their ‘Ameican dreams’ ( because they shared the skin colour of the WASPs ), blacks had to face overwhelming odds every step of the way especially in the Deep South.

I’m not sure if I can make you understand this but, freedom, dignity and right to self-determination can ACTUALLY be more precious to a people --- any people --- than just economic well-being ! Given a choice today, most African-Americans would wish their ancestors were left unmolested.

Would you, if given the chance, change the course of history since the midpoint of the second millennium AD so colonisation would not happen? I think not!

Sorry to disappoint you again, but if I had an opportunity to re-write --- literally --- medieval and modern history, I would grab it in both hands !

I would gladly remove from it the Inquisition, the Great Depression, the two World Wars, the Holocaust, Stalinist purges, Apartheid, Cambodian Year Zero, the Rwandan genocide, the Turkish massacre of Armenians, the Vietnam war, the Arab-Israeli conflict ….. the list could go on !

And, no , colonialism, slavery , racism, sexism or anti-semitism --- indeed any form of religious / ethnic intolerance ---- wouldn’t be part of that history : people would share their knowledge with other peoples, teach one another new skills and respect one another’s culture !

“Though he may be poor / not a man shall be a slave / shouting the battle cry of freedom” !

Sorry, I got carried away but, let ME ask YOU a question : if colonial rule was good for everyone, WHY did Americans have to start a revolution to drive the British out and take charge of their destinies ( who knows, the Brits might have restored order in the Wild West faster if they stayed in power ) ? WHY do you think Canadians rebelled against the British colonial government in 1837 instead of letting them lord it over them ? Or , ( as you probably believe ) is there one set of rules for whites and, another for the rest ?

Sure, the course of history has had its problem points. Thousands and thousands of them. However, what kind of world would we be in if the history that is studied today never happened?

Millions and millions of people were killed and millions more lost their homes and livelihoods as a direct result of other men’s greed and intolerance and all that is simply “problem points” for you ?

No doubt, a lot of conservative whites would agree with you : modern history has by and large favoured Caucasians who’ve always come out on top ! They’ve suffered only in the wars they started themselves and the economic hardships they occasionlly endured had NOTHING to do with non-whites who, in contrast, have often experienced serious misfortunes because of whites. They’re doubtless happy about the way things have generally turned out --- they wouldn’t have it any other way !

It’s sad that far right politics is on the march in almost every corner of the globe today and emboldened by its swift growth in the West, white supremacists are regrouping under new banners. Their experience has, however, taught them to be more subtle in their approach to reasserting themselves these days. They --- and their right-wing sympathizers --- are trying a different tack : instead of making noisy claims to racial superiority like the KKK in the US or the National Front in Britain, they’re playing down the brutalities of former colonial regimes,trivializing the sufferings of former slaves, highlighting the “failures” of any former colonies, attributing the high living standards enjoyed by Westerners to Caucasian ingenuity alone, minimizing the contribution of non-white minorities to Western societies, attacking liberals as “PC hypocrites” and presenting a carefully sanitized version of the history of Western imperialism --- in short, trying to give the younger generation the impression that their ancestors actually did the Asians and Africans a huge favour by invading and occupying their countries and the resulting economic exploitation is nothing to make you feel guilty about ! Makes me sick to the core !

I’ve deliberately posted this on August 15 : a historic date which marked the end of the oppressive and unjust colonial rule in India nearly six decades ago.

celebwatcher

Reaction score
Originally posted by Red Horse

Just to let you know, celebwatcher, my parents went through World War Two (yes, I'm that old, 41 to be exact), and they have more right than you to talk about Nazism, as do I, to be honest.

Sorry about what your parents went thru but, if you've read my postings you should know that I was SLAMMING the Nazis in every single one of them !

But you seem to be forgetting that Nazis were WHITE racists too --- they were not blacks or Asians --- that's the point I wanted to make !

As to your rant about Caucasians (whites), what about the Huns? What about the Mongols? Were they not invaders of "white" Europe?

Please do me a favour and read my earlier postings : I was NOT "ranting" against ALL whites --- I've heaped praise on the efforts liberal whites have made to rid the world of racism --- it's the smug , condescending whites who think blacks haven't suffered enough (I'm not black myself so don't think I'm biased ) who're the targets of my criticism !

BTY, I'll have you know that my parents were born in a country ( shortly before its independence ) which had been bled white ( excuse the pun ) by a white colonial regime for all of two centuries , which, I believe, gives ME more right than you to talk about white racism and Western imperialism !

Mongols and Huns were brutish barbarians but they were quickly driven out --- and they didn't rule Europe well into the 20th century, something the Europeans did in Asia and Africa !!

Iceberg

Reaction score
From all the PC post-modernist stuff you spewed out, the following stood out as completely incorrect:

celebwatcher said:
In contrast, Japan and Taiwan, who’ve never been colonized, grew into industrialized societies that compare favourably with any Western nation !

First of all, Taiwan is heavily aided by the US and its allies and has been since the start of the Cold War as it was, and is still, seen as a front against Communist China.

Secondly, Japan was a colonising nation. It used cheap, often slave labour from the Korean Peninsula and China for hundreds of years. As well, Japan used "Comfort Women" (essentially sex slaves) as so-called tools of relaxation. These "Comfort Women" were either Chinese or Korean. Do you wonder why there is so much animosity between China, Korea, and Japan?

Regarding the African thing, do you realise that a high number of priviledged blacks made a lot of money or gained a lot of power by slave-trading with the Americans? It was not an "invasion" of Africa by Americans to obtain slaves. Some Africans actually PROMOTED it, as it was seen as the destruction of enemy tribes or nations!

Celebwatcher, are you a university student? I ask because you're sounding exactly like many of my former poli-sci and history classmates who haven't actually learned the whole truth of the matter and only learned the Amnesty International or United Nations version, i.e. the version hijacked by either the Arab League or the African Union.

upnorth17

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I've jumped into this discussion a couple of times, once as a joke, but I had (until now) decided to stay out of it because CelebWatcher clearly is a fanatic and there is no reasoning with him.

That stated, I would simply like to point out the irony in his attacks where he has decided to label a small number of groups as the problem: "the right-wingers", "conservative whites", "Conservative whites have exploited and abused the blacks for decades", "Racists in the US --- and their right-wing friends", etc.

In addition, here is a statement that smacks of racism:

"With all respect to Jews, they mainly -- and hugely -- suffered in the hands of a bunch of WHITE racists who called themselves Nazis and , to some extent, Commies. After WW2, they NEVER faced any significant discrimination in the West.

Sure, they are a gifted people but after 1948 they were given plenty of opportunities to prosper in the develeped world unlike the blacks who still had to face racial segregation in the Deep South and Apartheid laws in South Africa (I'm not a Muslim , so don't think I'm biased!). They also have a heck of lobbying power in the Congress like influential businessmen always do.

As for their "respect" for other cultures, the right-wingers among the don't seem to mind killing hundreds of innocent Lebanese to nail a few Hizbollah ! Of course, liberal Jews who don't take their religion too seriously are different."

That's like saying "Hey, those blacks sure can play basketball and make music!" And the last statement about liberal Jews not taking their religion too seriously?????

And my 2 favorite statements of all:

"the liberal intelligentsia --- the best people who ever came out the West"

"Liberal whites –-- probably the best thing that ever happened to this world"

I consider myself a relative conservative, though there are many areas of policy I disagree with: gun control, death penalty for example. I am, however, the farthest thing from a racist. The statements you're making, which read like a manual for Liberal politics, are symptoms of another form of hate in our society. Perhaps we need a new "ism": Politicism? You are labeling all conservative right wingers as racist, among other things. That is just as divisive as stereotypical statements about people of different races.

I agree with you on many of the points you have made over the last couple of weeks. Racism, ethnocentrism and religious intolerance are the root of bascially all of the problems the modern world has been suffering from. I believe that Martin Luther King Jr. may have been the single greatest American to have lived. We can not forget the racial problems that have fed the current environment we live in now.

Should we continue to discuss these issues, in a rational manner, considering all sides? Absolutely. Can we solve those problems with vitriolic rants that label large groups of people, the vast majority guilty solely by association, as the cause pf the problem? Absolutely not. You are making it about "us" and "them", which is exactly how we started all of the current problems in the first place. Your lack of tolerance for people of alternate political and social beliefs smacks of the same tone of racist, elitist intolerance that you are ranting against. As long as Liberals continue to blame all Conservatives as the problem, and vice-versa, this country will continue to spin its wheels in a pointless duel of opposing viewpoints that are so lost in their own ideologies that they can not see the real issues and ways to address them.

I am betting, like Iceberg, that you are still a young person. I'd suggest you re-read some of the things you have written here and consider how they sound. If you truly want to educate and persuade, you should try a different tact.

rakatokan

Reaction score
Hey Guys..I'm Indonesian
Well, we think as personal, we do not have any problems with Caucasoid guys (we called them Bule..similar like Gringo in Latin). It seems like racism but the truth, the calling is like a friendly call-name. We do reallize that you are different (taller, smarter or something suprerior..don't laugh it's true).We still people with smile and open hand. So open that some of evil corporation exploited us. US as a government(not as a nationality) is a good example. Our oil, forest, mine, gold..have been exploited collaborate with our evil native goverment.
So racism should be redefinition. We have to be racism to mandkind that do evil to humanity. We should not give them a chance.I do not see people by his/her nationality but from his/her purpose of life. As long as he/she have the same point of view in humanity, we are brother..no matter black, white,yellow..
Hail to Gandhi, Sukarno, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther and others hero of humanity...

Graywolf

Reaction score
I was born and raised in the southern United States and racism was a big problem for us. My father (white) was married to my mother (15/16th cherrokee and 1/16th black). I was about 7y/o when I saw my first cross burning. It was in our front yard, the next day our house burnt to the ground while we kids were at school and parents at work.

Brianwp

Reaction score
I moved from North Bergen, New Jersey, 20 minutes away from NYC, one of the most liberal places in the US, to Georgia, one of the most bigoted places in the country, and believe me, I can smell a racist...I've met a lot of them, and sadly have been one myself at times, so I know what I'm talking about here.

I said that to say this...this new right wing Tea Party is a thinly disguised excuse for racism. When they complain about taxes, they really have no reason to...only 3% of the richest people in this country have experienced a raise in taxes...and that was only a 3% raise..from 32 to 35%. Boo hoo. 47% of Americans didn't pay any tax at all, and taxes for the other 50% have actually gone down. They aren't mad about being taxed...they're mad about being taxed by Obama.

While many Americans like myself (who voted for him) marvel at what he has already accomplished, he just can't do anything right in the eyes of the right. If Bush had done the same things he wouldn't have been criticized...and in some instances, Obama has done some of the same things as Bush. But when Obama does it, he's condemned. It's not politics, it's not economics...it's because Obama is black, and they'll be damned if they're going to take that from a black man.