• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Who's the best guitarist?

singhr

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
singhr you're either a prodigy or you spend decades trying to perfect your craft. And even prodigys spend years. And knowing modes, scales, or even reading music doesn't give you another notch on the experience tree.

This sounds like a statement by one of the little teens who used to come in the music store where i worked.

Just for your information, I have worked at a music store, have repaired and built guitars, and yes, I have been told Im very good. I guess I am a prodigy :D

Anyhow, I never said he wasn't good. I said that he is "technically good". However, there's a big difference between being technically good and being able to run up and down scales fast, and actually having some feeling to your playing. Satriani is fast, technically good, and has incredible feeling to his playing.

Sorry dude, Yngwie just doesn't enough material where he gets away from the fact that he is just fast. It's cool and all that he is one of the fastest guitarists out there, but that still doesn't cut it for making good music.

As far as me "getting over any humps", I wasn't comparing myself to anyone. I was just stating my opinion on who is the best guitarists and afterall, that was the topic of this thread now wasn't it?? Stay on topic dude :wink:

Captain Feathersword

Old and Bored
Reaction score
LOVE Jimmy Page. But have to go with the most underrated and overlooked, PRINCE. The guy is unbelivable and at 42 has not lost a step. The jam sessions he and NPG played durin the concerts this year were incredible.

scottbritt

Respected Member
Reaction score
You guys are all crazyyyyy. Jimmy Page all the way he revolutionized rock as it is. Without him there wouldn't be a lot of the rock there is today. Jimmy Hendrix close second if not a tie, Eric Clapton third, and Brian May from Queen fourth.

singhr

Reaction score
scottbritt said:
You guys are all crazyyyyy. Jimmy Page all the way he revolutionized rock as it is. Without him there wouldn't be a lot of the rock there is today. Jimmy Hendrix close second if not a tie, Eric Clapton third, and Brian May from Queen fourth.

Ya for sure there's a few I left out of my liste. Jimmy Page revolutionized rock for sure, however, I guess it's all kinda left to Hendrix as being the father of it all. He made Fender popular as a rock guitar, showed the world ways to play the instrument that was never seen before, and singlehandedly invented a new genre.

Bryan May, another amazing musician. My biggest suprise with him was when he did the remake of Have a Cigar with the Foo Fighters 5 years ago or so. Totally different from what I expected from him but a definate thumbs up! :)

Hanzo

Reaction score
hmm i indeed agree with dime bag he has speed and feeling
Tony Iommi and randy rohdes also must have their credit
and since everyone started bashing kirk hammet that reminded me of cliff burton the dudes awesome (yea i know what you are thinking but its called bass guitar for a reason)

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Aww man i forgot to mention Warren D'Martini and George Lynch, they're both in my top 5. Paul Gilbert and Jake E. Lee get honorable mentions too.

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I forgot the late great Chet Atkins

bdawg

Reaction score
One of my favs would have to be Stevie Ray Vaughn. I would be lucky if I could ever play as half as good as he could.

Also I have to add this one guitar player I saw here at my college that was awsome. His name is Albert Cummings,from Willamstown MA. The guy was incredible. He sounded pretty similar to SRV, and the guy has played with Double Trouble, and BB King as well, who gave him the greatest compliment of" If you need someone to play, I'll play with you."-or something basically like that.

nolanb123

Reaction score
I dig what ozzy said about Rhoads when he died:
"He was too good to live."
Kinda sums it up...

The Hostage

Reaction score
think outside the box, almost everyone of you has named a well known guitarist. the best guitar players are always the ones no one knows about.

ronnyboyj

Reaction score
Vito Bratta. Technical and melodic. His solos make me cry sometimes.

Too bad he doesnt play publicly anymore.

endymion

Reaction score
Tom Morello for electric, Nick Drake for acoustic, Jeff Ament on bass.

singhr

Reaction score
Dave Matthews.

Actually I can't believe I forgot to mention him as one of the best. Dave just has such a melodic sound that he somehow gets out of his amazing unique riffs. For a modern rhythm guitarists he is truly talented and quite difficult to learn to play his music. I remember it taking me a good 2 months with aching hands to figure out, and play Tripping Billies, and at least another month to actually get it to a point where I was happy with it.

The Mighty Z

Been away for a while
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi, for this simple reason: the guy fucks Heather Locklear.

I'd give up all my (imaginary) guitar skills to bang her. :lol:

C

cornholio

Peter Green (founding member of Fleetwood Mac) before he dropped too much acid and went nuts!
peter_jeff.jpg

Potatoman

Where the Hell have you been?
Reaction score
If you are talking about "the best guitar player" then I would say Joe Satriani.

However the most influencial, popular etc. is a completely different matter.

P-Man

Z

zebbo

I would say John Petrucci of Dream Theater. Listen to a song called "Beyond this life" from the CD Scenes from a memory. around 3:10 there's a solo, and it uses no scales or anything(if scales is not a real word I'm talking about stuff like G major and minor.. so on) which really shouldn't be possible.
Zappa is great too

G

godfrey012

greatest guitar player

Steve Morse, won overall best guitarist in the world 5 times in a row. No one is as good as him or is anyone close. Satriani,Vai and Petrucci will admit that hes better than them because theyve admitted to it before. Petrucci is faster than malmsteen and neither are faster than Morse or as technical.
Jimmy page was good back in the 70's,now well there are alot better and kirk hammett, well he shouldnt even be mentioned in this discussion

Reverend James

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
Aww man i forgot to mention Warren D'Martini and George Lynch, they're both in my top 5. Paul Gilbert and Jake E. Lee get honorable mentions too.

Dude, I totally agree with Warren D'Martini.

I caught Dimebag with Damage Plan this summer, man, he played the most bitchin' solo and still drank around a dozen beer in the process. Amazing! They were opening for Slayer, so heavy riffs were the order of the day.

For the record, fuck Lenny Kravitz. He could play a thousand instruments if he wanted and it would not stop his guitar work from being crap. He is extremely creepy too.

Alex Lifeson (Zivojinovich) from Rush had some crazy skills too.

One of my old housemates used to watch a DVD that had Satriani, Vai, and some other bluesy guy on it. Wish I could remember his name because he was better than both of the others.

Gordy Johnson from Big Sugar is pretty gifted too, if you are into Bluesy/Reggae/Classic Rock kind of riffs.

shakleford69

Reaction score
I have to say that the combo of Stone Gossard and Mike McCready in Pearl Jam is very impressive. I have to say that Mike is the better of the two especially when I hear him alone on the Mad Season album.

B.B. King is one of my favorites and so is Duane Allman.