• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Kanye West is at it again...

elmerfudd

Reaction score
RichieTBaum said:
I was reading one of trillions of articles about kanye's statements and it made reference to a "tantrum" that Kanye had at last year's American Music Awards. Does anyone know more about this??? I think it had something to do with him not winning on any of the early nominations.
I remember something of that . I think he was pissed cause Usher won in all the categories he was nominated in.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
elmerfudd said:
I remember something of that . I think he was pissed cause Usher won in all the categories he was nominated in.

Nah i watched it, he said How dare they invite me to perform on their little award show and not give me an award. Do they not know who i am, don't they know i'm here to change the world? Same interview with Sway where he tells them not to cut him off that he had something important to say. And tells all the artists to treat gays with respect and that he had been called gay growing up. He isn't at all afraid to speak his mind since like pac he grew up with family members in the black panthers. Educated guy who's also an artist and showed some of his work during the interview. He was asked if he felt like he betrayed Damon Dash when he went to Jay Z's camp after the breakup of the record company, and after a long pause he said yes. This is the guy that everyones been begging for and no one even realizes it.

Ma'elKoth

Reaction score
mindido said:
It appears that the racism question here largely depends on the color of your own skin:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050913/ts_usatoday/pollshowsracialdivideonstormresponse

Funny, I call racism on that poll, they didn't bother to poll the mexicans or the asians... I just find it funny that the blacks are always the first ones to call racism... I myself am not racist but i ponder at the logic of people who yell racism at every turn of the earth. How is it that whites aren't allowed to call racism? And how is it that most blacks think that they're the only minority,,, Like I said, Poll the mexicans and the asians in with that and see what they thought, wether it was racial, against income, or just plain slow reaction time...

I have a friend in the Coast Gaurd, It was a day or 2 after Katrina hit, they were going around his unit here in memphis, asking for volunteers, and they took 95% of the SAR people to NO (for reasons they had to leave 5% SAR here, we are on the Mississippi and people are rather stupid). What I'm getting at is you can't fault a branch of the military, they do their jobs with the most compassion you've ever seen, after all they see themselves doing their jobs for us the people not for the government or for themselves. I accept you have the right to bash the President, but don't fault to people that fight for us... So saying that the Coast Gaurd was Prioritising by race is a crock of bullshit. And yes it's true that if a white cheerleader was caught in the water they would be saved before an older black male on a roof. Simply for the reason that she is in the water and he's high, dry, and safe, while at any minute she could go under. (Yes i know that was just an example in the article but it was an ignorant one.)

P.S. SAR = Search and Rescue

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
I agree that Kanye is a cut above the rest as far as song lyrics are concerned, but many of the things he says in interviews don't seem to be thought through enough. Forget about the infamous telethon statement, he's gone on various stations and said random things. On BET a few weeks ago (before the hurricane), he was rambling about the meanings of his new songs and got annoyed when a producer told him to hurry up. He made comments about how he "always gets cut off when he brings up important issues," which goes along with the Sway interview you mentioned. I don't have a problem with him voicing his opinions, but he is extrmemely one-sided. He fails to look at the other side of arguments and makes statements that the majority of people would disagree with.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Yeah that's why i say it goes well with his album coming out. Not to say he doesn't believe what he says, but he's now got his own thread on this forum. That says something. And being one sided like that always bring acceptance from the celebs. Big balls count for more than ideas in their world. They're even calling him a genius. Even though i believe what he did was in bad taste, i believe he is one of the VERY few that actually believe what he said, so it bothered me for only a second.

RichieTBaum

Reaction score
Ok, I see what you mean. He does sound more "real" than most celebrities. Many actors and musicians will say shit that seems to have been written by their publicist.

Iceberg

Reaction score
Richie, few celebs seem "real" to me. Most of them seem to be in their own little dream worlds and strive for attention.

Some seem to thrive on topless shots on the beach, down-blouse shots (such as those of Lindsay Lohan at the club she was going to), making a fool of themselves on late-night TV, or having sex video "scandals."

Others, like West, make silly (and sometimes controversial) remarks that will generate heat in some communities and agreement in others. The more controversial, especially in BET circles, the better, since those who are in that scene draw up the race card more often than thunderstorms strike somewhere in the United States on any given day.

Any claim of racism by a BET-pushed "artist" strikes a chord in the African-American community since many believe they are a victim of racism every single day. (This is silly, especially since sometimes they do not have contact with a member of another race during the course of the day, possibly by choice.)

Also, see what an Asian-American or a Latin(o/a)-American says about this issue. Far fewer members of these groups believe they are the victim of racism as often as many African-Americans. In fact, Caucasian-Americans are often the victims of racism due to the policy known as Affirmative Action, which denies them employment because they are not a member of a visible minority.

Part of the problem is the ratings-driven media hounds who worship the ground these celebs walk on because it will add a story to their otherwise mundane workday. (Who in the media would cover a marriage of "ordinary" people, a family reunion, or a fundraising barbecue for a high school chess team? None!) The media is only after soundbytes and tries to act as a catalyst to the generation of controversy.

The most effective way many celebs think will generate publicity, a.k.a. free advertising, (which they believe will and is routinely proven by the weak-minded public that it does sell albums, movie tickets, or viewer ratings) is by doing or saying something silly. True talent rarely gets noticed anymore.

Ma'elKoth

Reaction score
THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS THE RIGHT WORDS! That's exactly what i've been trying to say. Ice you hit the nail on the head thank you...

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score

t3sqr

Reaction score
Ice,
Hey man, you and may not agree on the enviroment issue... But this time I take off my hat to you and also give you a standing ovation (along with 7 of my co-workers). You have nailed it this time.

I believe that they are the ones driving a wedge between themselves and the rest of the people by calling themselves African-Americans. All of the people I know that have a different eithnisity or different country that their family resides from still call themselves 'Americans'. If you want to be singled out, called different, not a part of the whole, then that is exactly how you will be treated. So stop the complaining and whinning... you are getting just what you asked for.

So Ice... amen brother

:canada:

cableguy

Reaction score
recommended listening... john wayne--yes, THE DUKE-- narrated an album called "America, Why I Love Her" that, though some things are a tad dated, is a homerun on damn near everything... track two is titled "the hyphen" and says it better than i could ever hope to...

the reason latinos and asians who live in the USA dont generally cry racism at the slightest inconvenience is because they lack "leaders" that claim to speak for all who share the same skin color... i also believe there is a direct link between the upward mobility of latinos and asians and the LACK of "leaders" for them... it seems they have adopted a policy of hard work and responsibility in favor of whining for a handout because of "opression" that took place over a century ago...

most of us will agree that slavery was bad, and sometimes evil, BUT at some point these people, who have not only never known slavery, but havent known any slaves--EVER--need to get on with their lives, look outward, stop listening to the "black leaders," and do something with their lives.. working and living within the law are wonderful places to start... thankfully, albeit slowly, the blacks in this country are seeing the light in increasing numbers, and living and voting accordingly...

The Chief

Reaction score
I'm no fan of Kanye's, but I really think he was just fooling around, I don't think he was having a tantrum. This being Europe, he knew there were more chances his "stage storm" would actually go on air, not only that, but it'd would air totally uncut (and it did)