• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Computer Restarts Itself.

cother_a

Reaction score
I recently bought a new pc and for the first couple of weeks it was ok. Its a custom build from a local computer shop. Now when Im playing certain games, it just freezes for a couple of seconds, while buzzing, then restarts itself.

Any ideas what this could be?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
cother,

Its really impossible to tell exactly whats happening with your machine although the leading candidate would probably be the video card. Since the machine is only a couple weeks old take it in and have them look at it. Do try and figure out specifically which frame of the game is doing it and try and make sure you can reproduce the problem.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
i know of someone with such a problem and it was a loose cable.

in your case : does it restart without touching anything and did you check for loose or other bad connections.

cother_a

Reaction score
Mindido, I myself thought that it may be something to do with the graphics card. Its a GeForce FX6600GT Gainward. I think I heard somewhere that NVidia found a problem with this card, where it causes the computer to effectively blue screen often. I think I will more than likely have to take it back to the shop and ask them to sort it out, and if they cant looks like Ill have to swap it or something.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
If you wanna take a look yourself before you bring it in I would suggest making sure the video card is seated all the way in your graphics slot. Also make sure nothing in the case is obstructed the airflow from fan on the video card, it could cause it to over heat. It is also possible it could be the drivers for the video card, if youc an get to the internet download nvidia's latest drivers and see if that fixes the problem.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
cother,

It sounds to me that it would really be best (if your not all that technically proficient with these infernal machines and if the thing is on warranty) that you just take it in and have whomever built it figure out the problem. It doesn't sound like it should be a big deal. But it would be a good idea for you to start learning and build your next machine yourself.

riceman

Reaction score
cother_a said:
I recently bought a new pc and for the first couple of weeks it was ok. Its a custom build from a local computer shop. Now when Im playing certain games, it just freezes for a couple of seconds, while buzzing, then restarts itself.

Any ideas what this could be?

the game requires more than you've got in your computer. odds are your video card is overheating.