• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Virus and SPyware Programs, which works best?

Da' Pimp

Forum O.G.
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
chiefs1968 said:
I could of swore there was another thread on this already.

There are like 1400 threads on this and P2P's, but they keep popping up. :rolleyes:

Max Johnson

Reaction score
Trevelyan said:
On the registry cleaning front, www.ccleaner.com does a great job.

I just used that on a backup computer that my uncle gave me and it got rid of 850 mb worth of crap.

I can't wait to see what it does with my main machine when I get it back from CompUSA (I had zero confidence in myself to do the installations).

B

braco

yeah i use Microsoft's one, i found that it picks up certain applications that all the others didnt.

Hitman

Reaction score
I use the Norton Anti-Virus / Sygate Personal Firewall Pro / Spybot Search & Destroy combo for years now and I never had a problem with virus, spyware and so forth.

peckerhead72

Reaction score
i use Trend Micro Pc-cillian Internet Security 2005 :razz:

Last edited:

BigD

Reaction score
I use Spybot S&D,Norton Antivirus and Ad-Aware.Installed Spyware Doctor last night after scanning with Spybot and Ad aware,they found nothing and my comp was draggin it's ass.Spy Doc found 28 problems and now it's good to go again.

Reverend James

Reaction score
No offence to Norton users, but the reason that you don't "appear" to have any problems is because your virus scanner CANNOT detect most new viruses, so you never know when you have been hit. I work in a computer shop and I have 5 technicians who spend, on average, half of their time cleaning REAL viruses and spyware off of systems "protected" by Norton, McAffee, PC-cillin (pre-2005 release), etc. At $70.00/Hour we make some serious coin off of people who think that they are protected. Even though I work here I still get duped and end up with shit on my systems. Eset has an anti-virus program, NOD32, that is pretty good and is NOT a resource hog like Norton. The one that I am running now is Bit Defender Pro, again easy on the resources. The new PC-cillin 2005 is apparently the number 2 defender against viruses (behind BitDefender, I believe it was in Info Week). I hated the earlier stuff so I refuse to try this version.

Spyware needs a multi-faced attack because no one program gets everything. The big three will do the trick (Microsoft, Ad-Aware, SpyBot). I took everything but Microsoft off of my home PC and got hit with some Newdotnet shit (last night), so I put the other two back on. The Service Pack 2 pop-up blocker is a necessity though!

waterman5555

Reaction score
I like Spyware Doctor the best, a lot of the others seem to add a lot of unnecessary files.

Epc525

Reaction score
I just got the new beta version of microsoft AntiSpyware (for free) and it works great. In conjunction with CCleaner nothing can touch my computer. Microsofts new software comes will all kinds of cool features. It protects you from potential problems. You can also join the microsoft network of computers in which if 1 computer in the network gets hit with some kind of new spyware all computers in the network will then be protected from that spyware. I highly recommend this software to protect yer computer from spyware.

Manteeflash

Reaction score
Everyone so far has mentioned some good programs that do work but like most programs there aren't any perfect ones. I use Norton Pro, Zone Alarm Pro Security Suite, and Spy Sweeper. I haven't been hit with any prblems in over two years.

war|forever

exp0sed samurai
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I'm currently running Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3, although I click the update tab on it fairly often to download new patches. How safe is this computer spyware wise?

P.S. How's everyone doing ;)?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey War,

Clicking on the update button in Spybot should be no problem as long as your sure your using Spybot. They (Andrew Kolla, I don't actually know if he has any employees yet) seem to be very responsible. If your using Firefox you should also be using the Spoofstick extension. Its designed to try and eliminate Phishing (spoofing a website) and works pretty well but is not infallible. As long as Spoofstick and the address bar agree on the website location, you should be OK.

P.S. Doing OK

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I just found this cool program. Hitman pro which has all the best programs in one click. It automatically updates all programs and runs them to clean spyware and viruses till its done. Here's what is says: The Super Spyware Scanner and Cleaner that is FREE. Hitman Pro is a windows shell program with a conglomerate of free anti-spyware programs, that interact and perform only on WINDOWS XP SP2. It incorporates it's own installation of some 9, including 6 of the best Spyware Scanners and Cleaners available and does a very good job of scanning and cleaning out Spyware. A lot of hosting sys admins and security auditors use it on client machines. 'Hitman Pro' runs AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spyware Blaster, Webroot Spy Sweeper , TrendMicro Micro's Sysclean package, CWShredder. You just download and install it and every time you open Hitman, it will search for updates program after program and do a scan after. HitmanPro requires Windows XP or Windows 2000 (SP IV). A must use Spyware Cleaning Utility for anyone, particularly Home Users with Teenagers using the PC and Internet. All this on the click of a mouse and free. http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=44&shownews=3040