• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Where do we draw the line with bullshit image host?

UltraLisk

Reaction score
Where should we draw the line with all the bullshit some image host pull?

There are two in particular that maliciously have static HTML (CSS) that hides there image unless you give them JavaScript rights which switches the visibility from hidden to visible.... WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT.

There is no legit reason why you would implement this. It’s a malicious dirty way these cunts are trying to get access to your computer using JavaScript (adds, future exploits, etc).

Fact: Many viruses from site's REQUIRE JavaScript enabled to infect your computer.

I propose we identify these host and have them banned. We shouldn't feed the beast and encourage others host to pull the same bullshit.

choppes

Mr. Admin guy
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I agree with you Ultralisk. There are also hosts such as unleashedpics.com, that in my opinion should be on a list called "annoying hosts" due to pop-ups, etc. So they would be allowed, but not recommended!

Just my two cents worth...

UltraLisk

Reaction score
They should be banned, there are many legit host. Why allow dirty ones?

Simple not recommending them wont change anything.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
well the truth is that they are ALL bullshit hosts. i know from experience that hosting can be expensive and it costs a lot of money to pay for all the servers and bandwidth. thats why they have so many ads, and why you won't find any "clean" image hosts.

ngmar

Reaction score
I'm just curious. Is there any money in hosting images? And who is the one actually trying to get access to our PCs? Is it the host or the advertisers? And what are they looking for? Is it typically account info only or would they be after anything, like say photos and vids and misc shit? Like I said just curious what you guys think on this.

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
and why you won't find any "clean" image hosts.

Here you go...It's been clean so far... ShareNXS :D

Oh, there are only 3 text ones yes, but they're not popups and aren't annoyng, they only lead to same owners websites.

UltraLisk - larryo said he wont prohibit those links yet, because they work for him prefectly... but if more people started to protest against those host, he will prohibit them.

So PEOPLE START PROTESTING AGAINST IMAGEHAVEN.

Is there any money in hosting images?

Yes there is, the more people click the images the more people visit the websites the more money imagehosts can demand from advertisers.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
well the truth is that they are ALL bullshit hosts. i know from experience that hosting can be expensive and it costs a lot of money to pay for all the servers and bandwidth. thats why they have so many ads, and why you won't find any "clean" image hosts.

First of all id like to state that I have Greasemonkey scripts that "only display the image" for over 20 host. If I ever combine them into a single script I may post it. That being said, I dont see adds of any kind and this thread is more of a public service.

These two host piss me off because they maliciously have code there that WONT display the image unless you give them rights (as opposed to needing JS for something).

I dont like to give JavaScript rights to site unless I need it. Lots of dirty things can be done with JavaScript. On top of that many sites have been hacked and infected with a virus that spreads to every user who has JavaScript (example: One hit NCIX.com).

Take it from a web developer who is security oriented: This is bullshit and needlessly dangerous.

Capster

Reaction score
I would like to note that sharenxs runs just fine off its small text links but we just got advert deal that we host no 3rd party adverts this is the only way you will see a ad on sharenxs and shows you that you can advertise cleanly without all the annoying pop-ups and malicious programs you get from 3rd party adverts ad the big players will still advertise with you.

the reason you get malicious programs from image hosts including imagevenue is the program creators pay for the ad space and sneak in these programs through 3rd party advertising. this is why we will do not allow 3rd party adverts.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
the reason you get malicious programs from image hosts including imagevenue is the program creators pay for the ad space and sneak in these programs through 3rd party advertising. this is why we will do not allow 3rd party adverts.

It does not even have to be third party, the virus can come even from compromised "trusted" image host sources. When a site goes out of its way to FORCE you to use javascript you have to start question why....

Another site that pulls the bs: photoceleb.

edit: And what I really hate about photoceleb is I cant even use the DOM to get the image, because its the JS code that uses innerHTML to add the image. ASSHOLES, giving me extra work for there shitty image host.

edit2: A greasemonkey script is coming that will cover somewhere between 30-50 image host. This script will ONLY display the image, no adds, no extra shit, no javascript needed.

I am also working on a standalone image download tool. But im lazy, so you never know when ill finish that one....

ppchaser

Reaction score
true.. they'vehad to earn, one way or another. better off getting your own hosting account. that's spare change if you're saved the trouble.