• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Don't Want To Be A Canadian Idiot - FUCK HARPER

Gibson

Reaction score
Wow. That article wasn't biased at all.

I think by now it should be clear to everyone that we need to instate a constitutional monarchy.

Tele

Reaction score
Even if the conservatives win, I doubt they would hold majority of the parliment. I know the NDP has gathered up a lot of support, Well a lot more then the last election. So the conservatives will have a hard time pushing legislation.

I'm not too crazy about privatization, forced christian mentality, and americanism. Something tells me this Stephen Harper is just running for the sole reason of being the prime minister. He strikes me as that kind of ego chasing person.

Paul martin on the other hand is quite a hard worker. He's the best at what he does and history reflects that. He's not afriad to stand up to the US (and it's pawns). Remember that Canada is a world leader in many aspects. Harper has no international connections or relations (if you count in the US). He has no experience in diplomacy or economics. Two of Canada's strongest attributes.

I also hate the reason for the NDP losing... because people don't think they will win.

brotherdude

Reaction score
I saw a great soundbite the other night from some dude at an autobody shop (i think, I can't remember). The quote was "I'd like to see the political parties fulfill all their promises first, then we vote for who did the best job."

Because the truth is, I don't recall the last time I was happy with any politician...except maybe Chretien in his last tour of duty. He did a handful of things I was proud of.

The important thing to do, IS vote. If you are going, make sure to drag your friends with you.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
blazin said:
I'm in a western Canadian and i'm scared of what a Conservitive government will do to Canada. I'm not usually a fan of Liberals either, nor any Canadian political party, but i'd rather have Liberal government over a Conservative one. So Liberals get my vote.
That is exactly my opinion. I have never been partisan and may very well vote Conservative in the next election, but not this time.

Steven Harper will run Canada into the ground. He MUST NOT win.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Tele said:
I also hate the reason for the NDP losing... because people don't think they will win.
Thats not the reason. The reason is that they live in magical fairly land where everything is possible and money grows on tree. They have no perception of feasible reality.

They will never win because they can't manage the government sensibly. I wouldn't mind them as the opposition, but not as the government.

Just a note about Chretien. He's so fucking lucky that the US invaded Iraq. He is the only person in the world who is glad the war happened lol. The reason is that it provided a semi-legacy for him. Its obviously not our only memory of him, but his refusal to participate gave us a more positive memory of him. Without that, it would pretty much be all negative and he would be looked upon as a terrible PM.

Of course the other positive memory of him is when he choked the guy. LOL! that was fucking priceless. "I took him out!"

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I'm just an American trying to understand what's going on there. A guy writing in the NY Times this morning says that Liberal rule of Canada is a very entrenched thing that has been supported by all sorts of polical favor swapping, and that past Consevative governments in Canada have taken sort of a care taker approach. He claims that whether or not you like Harper's politics, he doesn't want to take care of things till the Liberals are back but want's to dismantle the whole system.

"Previous Conservative prime ministers aspired only to run the Liberal machine for themselves, leaving the motor running for the Liberals when they returned. Mr. Harper wants to dismantle it, piece by piece."

Is that why this election seems so passionate?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
haha thats funny.

the only reason why you might say that we favor the liberals, is because Canada is a very progressive, free and tolerant nation. so we're not necessarily tree hugging hippies, but closer to hippies than bible bashing good ol' boys.

also, because we look at how the US is being run and that scares us, so we want to be as opposite to that as possible :lol:

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
the only reason why you might say that we favor the liberals, is because Canada is a very progressive, free and tolerant nation.

It's not me saying it, its Andrew Coyne, a columnist for the Canadian National Post writing in today's NY Times. And I think he's saying it because the Liberal Party been in charge for most of this century? Or is he wrong? I'm trying to get smarter on it all.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, National Post is a right wing newspaper most of the time, although I guess the "canadian version" of right wing is probably center in the US lol

Like I tried to say above, he's sort of right, but its not as black and white as he makes it out to be

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Everyone's got an angle. That doesn't change no matter what country you're in. Wish I knew more about it because this seems to be a more passionate election in Canada than most. Do you think that's fair to say?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
We have an election every 6 months, so I dunno. Its hard to care that often.

I don't wish to adopt many US customs, but one thing I would like, is how the US has an election every 4 years at the same time, end of story.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just FYI,

I've been listening to Fox News this a.m. (too lazy to change the channel, I guess) and they sure are pushing the conservative. They seem to be saying that the liberals have virtually no chance.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Fox News is a "Republican" channel to begin with, so its not a shocker that they would support our pseudo-republican party.

Our polls say the Conservatives are ahead, but if they win it will likely be a minority govt

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
Fox News is a "Republican" channel to begin with, so its not a shocker that they would support our pseudo-republican party.

Our polls say the Conservatives are ahead, but if they win it will likely be a minority govt

CMan,

I do hope your correct. Good luck.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Ok, I did my part, so its your guys fault now!

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
I've been listening to Fox News this a.m.

Good God Min, I didn't think your TV would even go to FOX. :) You setting your TIVO for Bill O'Reilly now?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel sorry for all Canadians. At least you only have to wait 6 months. There's still two years before the US can fix its mistake.

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
KABOOM said:
I feel sorry for all Canadians. At least you only have to wait 6 months. There's still two years before the US can fix its mistake.

it's not every 6 months.........it's 4-5 years depnding on the goverment. The reason we are having one again is because of the minority gov't we have that pissed off there support and were forced to election again

Tele

Reaction score
Even if the conservatives win, I doubt they would hold majority of the parliment.

Heh, I was right.

I just worked a 12 1/2 hour shift for elections Canada as a registration officer. 7 conservative reps were there every minute looking over everyone's back. What a day.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Hail to the chief. I respect the democratic process (even if the Liberals got a higher percent of the vote, thus making the election completely unrespresentative) and I hope that Harper does a good job and proves me wrong in my criticism.

See you in a year for another election.