• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Linux, Unix, Free BSD

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
Sup people,

I was wondering if some of you guys could help me with something, I will be starting a new job this monday that requires me to learn the *nix systems and BSD. The company makes an appliance that sits between the firewall and a companies email/web servers that blocks/filters/prevents spam email attached virus' and the like.

I will be a support engineer for the company and I need to start getting a good grasp of *nix systems. What I am looking for is a good place to start. I have been to a few websites but they are mostly for people that have some experience with *nix. I have heard that if you have worked with DOS and the command line then it is similar Truth?

Thanks for info..

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Wow, good luck. I'm not a *nix expert, but I have some experience managing web servers.

You can't really just learn Unix in a couple days. It would be like walking into NASA the day before a launch and telling them you wanted to be one of the astronauts on that mission lol

It probably won't take you long to learn some basics, but if you want to be comfortable with it, it will take a while. I would suggest buying a few books and reading them.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
The basics are what I am after right now, they are going to train me on the more technical aspects.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
just do a search for basic unix commands like ls, cd, rm etc

zerosis15

Reaction score
*nix advice

try to always read the man pages. just do a "man your_favorite_command" and check out the options and usage. Most command line utilities are far more powerful than you might first realize.