• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Microsoft Vista

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys.

You've mentioned a "score" that you get from some applet (presumably from MS). Can you provide a link?

I downloaded the Vista Upgrade Advisor last night, ran it and couldn't find a "score" anywhere. It told me I needed a bigger HD, some driver issues and a couple of software problems. But no "score". Any ideas?

and One,

when i put 64 bit vista on my 64 bit system with 2gb ram it felt slower than my desktop 32bit system. basically i lost half my memory addresses, with no performance gain, as no current programs can utilize that kind of architecture

This is exactly why I'll wait a while before upgrading. I have a friend that I just built a new 64 bit machine for and she's chomping at the bit to upgrade. I think I'll e-mail her your experiences.

Epc525

Reaction score
If your talkin about what I think you are, that is an application within Vista. You have to have Vista installed and you can run this program that gives you a score based on your computers performance.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Epc525 said:
If your talkin about what I think you are, that is an application within Vista. You have to have Vista installed and you can run this program that gives you a score based on your computers performance.

Epc,

OK. That makes sense. I was just looking for a score from the Vista Update Advisor and couldn't find one. The Advisor did give me the info I needed though.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just had a few minutes to check some articles on Vista and the keyword seems to be "WAIT" (as has been mentioned previously around here). A few key points are:

If your machine is 6 months to a year old, you're probably OK for a Vista install. But if your machine is older than a year (or so) be prepared to buy a new HD, video card and/or even RAM. Apparently, Vista says it will run on 256 MB RAM but that, I guess, is a joke. The best I can tell, 1 GB RAM is really the minimum and, if your doing any kind of graphics work (which all of us here do) then 2 GB to 4 GB RAM is required.

Apparently, a new video card is essential if you want to use the new AERO interface. If your current video card isn't up to snuff, Vista turns AERO off by default.

There are too many problems to list here so I've provided links to some of the articles below. The ZDNET article will be especially interesting for techs.

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/5-sins-of-vista.html

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=402&tag=nl.e622

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/14103;_ylt=AtDliV7TZCSmTQFssXs_HnbxLJA5

http://tech.yahoo.com/ci/tech_vista

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/7326;_ylt=AhUaKDEDg_jhe1mlCC412FzxLJA5

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_03/b4017030.htm?chan=search

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...7A25751C1A9609C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

Epc525

Reaction score
You basically have to get a DX10 graphics card, all games are going to be movin to that. as well as a DX10 sound card. I'm selling my graphics card and im gonna pick up a new 1. If anyone wants a ATI radeon X1900 gt for $180 shipped, let me kno. it has only been used a month or so now. u can check the thread where i posted the pics of my new pc. Us only please.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Holy cow epc,

Even a card that new won't work well with Vista? I've been reading that Vista implementation requires major hardware upgrades but I didn't know that a vid card that new wouldn't work.

I hope people realize that before they go out and buy Vista.

One other thing I read in the articles that was interesting. Over a network, Vista doesn't work well (or sometimes at all) with XP or 2000. I think thats really weird.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I think he means it won't work with Direct X 10, but i've read it'll be well over a year before games will come out with the need for it.

Epc525

Reaction score
it works fine, but all new games are going to be released DX9 and a diff version for DX10 (which will be much better). eventually all games will only be DX10. I say within the next 1.5 years. that is when vista will be 99% perfected. My crew over at Microsoft doesnt mess around. within the year vista will be amazing and within 1.5 years most computer people will be fully converted over. Dare I say another knife in apples back. Damn im a microsoft fan boy lol

gigo

Reaction score
thank you for all informations

I ll build it

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
onerythym said:
maybe because i have a waterblock on the GPU keepin cool, hehe

Hey one,

How do you like that "waterblock" (I take it your talking about water cooling)? The idea sounds interesting but also makes me very nervous of having that water so close to everything that would fry the minute that thing started leaking.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
one,

Can you provide a link to the manufacturer of the system your using?

Also, if you have to take the mobo or processor out, how much of a problem is the water cooling?

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey One,

That is exactly the system I've been thinking about getting lately. I've looked at a lot of systems, both cheaper and more expensive, but that is by far the coolest looking one out there.

Are you satisfied with it? Do you only have the CPU block, or GPU/chipset blocks as well?

Want to see a really CRAZY cooling solution:
8 Gallons of Cooking Oil

I saw another one a while back that used completely "pure" water to fill the case. Think the stuff cost something like $50/gallon!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
one,

Thanks for the info. Will check it out. I take it your overclocking the CPU. Does the H2O cooling method allow you to overclock significantly? And do you have any idea how much?

Also, how about the vid card? Is it air or water?

and Swede,

What do you mean by "pure" water? The "purest" water that I know of is deionized water and can be found at virtually any laboratory. Don't ever pay that much for "pure" water when you can probably get it for free.

Da' Pimp

Forum O.G.
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
onerythym said:
god look at us. we are nerds.
Lmao! I was just reading this (last page) and thinking "what the fuck have we created here?"

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Da' Pimp said:
Lmao! I was just reading this (last page) and thinking "what the fuck have we created here?"
LOL... Look what this forum has turned us into!?! :)

Thanks for the info One. Like I said, it's something I've been looking into for a while now, just been a bit hesitant since my PC is my source of income. Not that I don't back up, but it would be a real pain in the @ss if my PC decided to take a shower! I'll probably go ahead and buy that rig soon though. Wanted it for the longest time...

mindido said:
and Swede,

What do you mean by "pure" water? The "purest" water that I know of is deionized water and can be found at virtually any laboratory. Don't ever pay that much for "pure" water when you can probably get it for free.
I mean to actually submerge your components in the water, just like the crazy oil. I tried to find the post from a forum I used to visit. Some guy who worked at a power station in Canada was talking about that water, and that they used to cool their equipment by submerging it. He had a link where you could buy it, and it was ridiculously expensive. Apparently it won't cause any corrosion or harm the electrical components at all! I'll dig around some more in my e-mails to see if I can find the link. Pretty fascinating...

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
swede68 said:
I mean to actually submerge your components in the water, just like the crazy oil.

You are joking........right??? Actually submerging the mobo, RAM, vid card, etc, etc? That I would really have to see as it sounds like a sure way to fry everything the moment you turn it on.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
You are joking........right??? Actually submerging the mobo, RAM, vid card, etc, etc? That I would really have to see as it sounds like a sure way to fry everything the moment you turn it on.
Min, not joking at all. Just can't have any moving parts submerged. I'm trying to find the link to the "pure" water case. Check out the link I posted above. Check out the video.
swede68 said:
Want to see a really CRAZY cooling solution:
8 Gallons of Cooking Oil

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
water
H20
problem: pure water will always pollute when in contact with polluting materials.
it's like the glowbulb principle
so "water" is not good; However you can put a very small layer of non polluting laque on all the components (by submerging it into a bath).
As air is good but gas is better for cooling the future will be in gascooling (think of your refrigirator)
For now (looking at vervolgschaderisico*) the zalman is preferred.
This will change in the future, as MS Vista will too.

vervolgschaderisico : TMZ , i hope you can help me out on this
I really don't know where to start to translate this in english.
maybe "aftermath"

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
onerythym said:
wasnt the pure water setup from the toms hardware guys?
Don't think so One. I could be wrong though. They did a test using oil, but the one I'm thinking of is from years ago. Still trying to dig it up...