• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Apple is pissing me off now

C

Cobra

Apple is starting to piss me off with their propietary shit. I want to download quicktime and it seems I can't unless I install there bloated Itunes crap with it.

Oh and check this out. You don’t have to fork out for an outrageously priced “proprietary” Apple video cable. You don’t even have to buy an expensive dock. You can connect your Video iPod directly to a TV, and you can do it with the ordinary camcorder A/V-to-RCA cable you probably already have lying around your house. The simple trick is that the video outputs to the red RCA jack rather than the traditional yellow. With that little trick, you’ll probably save around ten bucks.

What else they got up there sleeve to steal more money from THEIR consumers. I can see the mucky mucks in their conference room now drooling over the idea of switching the red and yellow jacks to sell their own cables.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cobra,

Sorry to say this but thats an old story. They made the decision to keep hardware (and some software) proprietary back in the late 70's or early 80's. Thats the reason everything with Apple is more expensive and there are fewer software choices. Its too bad more people don't realize that before purchasing one.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
AOL has been doing that for years with Netscape, Real Player et al.

Thats why AOL is the anti christ

Conman

Reaction score
And thats why Apple's stock (AAPL) has risen from $40 to the current $75 in less than 6 months!! :lol:

It may piss you off but it sure as hell puts a fucking huge smile on the stockholders faces!!! :D

C

Cobra

thanks for the links jp100.

I can understand (and maybe not blame) for purposely being propietary and sometimes for good reason other than to sell shit. But when they take something that isn't and try to fool the public into thinking it is, then they look like crooks.

Apple can thank Ipod and Itunes for the share price not their damn vid cable.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
It does suck but the Apple guys shouldn't take it personally. Ever work on a Sony VAIO? Same ole shit. If you want to rebuild one you have to spend the next hour of your life downloading all the proprietary drivers they use. Then you check your running processes and about 12 of them are Sony crap things that every other computer on the planet runs without.

Conman

Reaction score
It all about bu$ine$$. If you ever developed an awesome piece of patent protected shyte that could spawn a gazillion do££ar$ in proprietory crap, wouldn't you do the same? Everybody does it, from Sony to Apple to Electrolux and the mother of all proprietory ideologists, Bill MS Gates.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Conman said:
It all about bu$ine$$. If you ever developed an awesome piece of patent protected shyte that could spawn a gazillion do££ar$ in proprietory crap, wouldn't you do the same? Everybody does it, from Sony to Apple to Electrolux and the mother of all proprietory ideologists, Bill MS Gates.

Con,

Interesting argument. I wonder how IBM feels nowadays that they didn't keep the PC propreietary and not let Gates in on the deal. Makes you wonder if MS would even be around.