• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Scanners

stu2906

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a scanner and have no idea what to look for, with DPI or other stuff on the boxes, what do you guys think i should look for??

I basically want to do the following:

Copy documents (statements, bills etc) onto my computer so i can get rid of the paper copy - I guess most scanners will do this.

Copy photos/negs onto my computer for viewing or printing. Needs to be good

Magazine scans to keep you lot happy, and up to date with brit celebs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stu

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Damn Stu if you didnt live over seas I'd sell you one cheap. But I'm sure the shipping would be ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
stu,

Ist question is: How much do you want to spend?

2nd: How big of a bed do you want? (The things can take up some valuable real estate)

I've owned or used four of them. One of the best, most recent, is the Epson 3170. My roommate has one and really likes it. Pretty simple to use and good quality scans. The only things she doesn't like about it is the bed size (8 1/2 x 11) and periodically, she'll have a problem getting an exact match on a particular color. Overall, from what I've read in the past, Epson are pretty good quality.

Check PC World and PC Magazine websites and see what they're currently recommending. I've bought a few things based on their recommendations and don't remember any bad experiences.

stu2906

Reaction score
Cheers Supa but even if i paid the postage the thing would be trashed before it got here.

On to Minidido's question

1) not really sure on how much i want to spend. Enough to get something to last a few years and give good results. In UK money say £120 or in US $215. But equipment is more expensive over here so not a real good comparison i'm afraid.

2) Idealy i need to maximise space (slightly larger than a4 or magazine size would be best) but if i have to unplug and store when not in use then i can cope with that.

Cheers guys so far but whjat about spec??

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
stu,

You should be able to find something pretty good in that range. I would recommend that you get a photo or something that is fairly representative of the type of thing that you'll be scanning, then go to a place where they sell the things and test the things out. See what looks best to you.

Also, will you ever need to scan slides? Keep that in mind. Generally, the higher the DPI the better but also, the higher the DPI the bigger the file. Some can be huge and could fill up your HD pretty quick. But you'll get the hang of that pretty quick.

Here's a few sites on the Epsons. The 3170 is now only about $130 (US) but there are a lot more models.

I think you should figure out where your going to put the thing before buying one. You really don't want to be moving them around much as they have movable parts that need to be locked down before being moved (at least the ones I've worked with all have that).

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Epson_Flatbed_Scanners/b/91/c/1907

http://www.epson.co.uk/products/product_hub/Product_Listing_Scanners.htm

And do check those two mags, they'll have the latest info. The last time I looked for one was about a year and a half, or so, ago so I'm sure things have changed.