• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Mouse hesitates and Audio Pops/Clicks/Skips

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I've been noticing lately that whenever I play an mp3 file that.....it doesn't happen as soon as I start to play it.....but if I'm searching the net or whatever,....just after several minutes or so, I start to hear pops, clicks, and skips, in the mp3. It's the same with any mp3 file, or even youtube vid, where the audio would pop, click, or basically skip, if you will.

I'm not running anything excessive, like even doing a Microsoft Word document....when I scroll down the page, if I'm listening to an mp3...I would hear the pops and the clicks.

I would stop the mp3 file...wait a couple seconds, play it again...and as soon as I play it, the pops and clicks would continue on...it wouldn't be till a long while after, of if I restart my computer that the pops and clicks would go away, at least till I played a mp3 or audio file, and do any work, which the process would happen again. I don't know if it has anything to do with the mouse, since the pops and clicks, sync up, with the movement of the mouse or when I use the scroll wheel.

And speaking of which...during the time I'm playing the mp3...or when I'm not playing an mp3, if I'm working online or on a program....I notice that if I drag the mouse across the screen it will hesitate for less than a forth of a sec, and continue on. Usually, I can move my mouse across the screen and it runs smooth, but a good percentage of the time, I would get hesitations. It ties in will the audio file skipping and popping.

So, I'm thinking both issues are related but can't figure or the reason/problem and how to fix it.

I've run all my spyware programs to see if it was a virus, but I don't think it's the case.

Riceman posted this below, a while back in another thread, when I was having computer freezing issues and didn't know whether the 1st option might be causing this, or something else, because both my wireless adapter and mouse, are USB connected, and sometimes, at least concerning my wireless adapter, it doesn't power up and I have to unplug it and plug it back in, or my computer tells me to plug it into a USB 2.0 port, which I did...but with that and the mouse issue, I don't know whether those two issues are related to why my audio is popping and such.

riceman

1st and most obvious is that you might have a corrupt cd or disk or usb item plugged into your computer at start up.

2nd. your cpu fan may be filthy and just needs some simple condensed air to clean it out.

3rd. you could have a dying power supply
(not likely unless you keep the computer on 24/7 and are running intense programs [or you have way too many disk drives or random unecessesary stuff i.e. zip drive, dvd drive and a dvd-r drive] and have been doing so for more than a year)
keep in mind if your power supply was dead, you would be getting no juice.

4th. your ram could be fried. but if your computer is actually booting, your ram is not fried. (ram are the memory sticks) to check this, once you boot up right click the "my computer" icon and select properties. the system properties page will tell you how much ram you are running. if the number is less than what its supposed to be, one of your sticks has died.[most computers are running on 512 MB these days but yours may be old and may only have 256MB]

5th. your mother board could be damaged but you would be getting error messages up the ass and it would be unable boot at all.

6th. your processor could be damaged from over clocking (not likely if you dont know computers or dont have someone in the house who plays brand new computer games), or the heat sink on it could be broken and its getting too hot too fast.

Any help would be appreciated

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

Just a quick few things to check. First, if your mouse has a roll ball inside, clean it. Many mouse hesitancy problems (with a roll ball) just indicate that a cleaning is necessary.

Second, how much RAM do you have? If your running XP, 512 MB is really the minimum.

But I really don't think those are your problems. Also, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the app your using to play the music, and any codecs, and then reinstall them. See if that does any good.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Hobbam,

Just a quick few things to check. First, if your mouse has a roll ball inside, clean it. Many mouse hesitancy problems (with a roll ball) just indicate that a cleaning is necessary.

Second, how much RAM do you have? If your running XP, 512 MB is really the minimum.

But I really don't think those are your problems. Also, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the app your using to play the music, and any codecs, and then reinstall them. See if that does any good.

I have a laser mouse with a scroll wheel...so there's no ball to clean.

I believe I have 1gb of RAM??? It's a 2 year old computer with XP SP2 and I know it's more than 512.

This "audio issue" effects Youtube vids I watch as well. But, upgraded "Winamp" (which I use to play all mp3's) and haven't had a problem like this before....but I think it's a larger issue.....but don't know what it is...and don't know if it's a hardware or software issue or something?

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
ok, i have that problem too
but i use Mplayer2 (1993) and i don't hear the ticks and clicks anymore.

the hesitasion on the mouse can be caused by a (overload, collaps or collision) of your airial-data with some other wireless apparatus. (try to live with it)

if i turn my volume knob out loud entirely i heard a soft buzzing noise.
It's the ground-field that i hear, i don't mind, i never play it that loud.
However if you are hearing the buzz and then just move your mouse , i hear a rattle, clicks and ticks.
It sounds like a geigercounter if i move it real slow
I cannot play my MP3's that loud , i would blow up my speakers.
(my volume is normally at (under 1).)

or there is a program connected to your mousecursor
or ....
it can be anything

HOBBAM

Reaction score
ok, i have that problem too
but i use Mplayer2 (1993) and i don't hear the ticks and clicks anymore.

the hesitasion on the mouse can be caused by a (overload, collaps or collision) of your airial-data with some other wireless apparatus. (try to live with it)

if i turn my volume knob out loud entirely i heard a soft buzzing noise.
It's the ground-field that i hear, i don't mind, i never play it that loud.
However if you are hearing the buzz and then just move your mouse , i hear a rattle, clicks and ticks.
It sounds like a geigercounter if i move it real slow
I cannot play my MP3's that loud , i would blow up my speakers.
(my volume is normally at (under 1).)

or there is a program connected to your mousecursor
or ....
it can be anything

Don't know about the "airial-data" but my mouse isn't wireless.

Outside of my mouse the only other USB connection plugged in, is my wireless adapter.

As for the sound issue.

I plugged my headset into the audio jack....I have a stereo bar which attaches to my flat screen monitor. There's a headset jack on one end, and regardless of whether I listen through the headset or not......or even plug my headset into the desktop audio port....I would still get those clicks.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

A few things to check. First, are we talking about a desktop or laptop?

If its a desktop, do you have a separate sound card or are you using the onboard sound?

If you have a separate sound card, try pulling the card out of the case and plug your speakers into the onboard sound (if available, it probably is). See if that solves the problem (or at least part of it).

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Hobbam,

A few things to check. First, are we talking about a desktop or laptop?

If its a desktop, do you have a separate sound card or are you using the onboard sound?

If you have a separate sound card, try pulling the card out of the case and plug your speakers into the onboard sound (if available, it probably is). See if that solves the problem (or at least part of it).

- desktop.

I'm not sure about the sound card issue, as far as having a seperate sound card or using the onboard sound? I have a Sound Blaster Live 24 bit...which might be a seperate card from looking at my control panel audio section

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

Since you have a Soundblaster, you do have a separate sound card. Now, look around the back of the desktop and check to see if you have at least three almost identical sound ports very close to the same place you plug in the mouse and keyboard. The ports will be the same color (black, green and pink[?]).

First, pull your speaker cable out of the soundblaster and plug it into the same color port near the mouse and keyboard ports. Then turn your machine back on and see if that makes any difference.

If you hear no sound at all, double check the connection first. Then you may actually have to physically pull the soundblaster out of the case for the onboard sound to work (it will depend on the mobo).

Give that a try and let us know.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Hobbam,

Since you have a Soundblaster, you do have a separate sound card. Now, look around the back of the desktop and check to see if you have at least three almost identical sound ports very close to the same place you plug in the mouse and keyboard. The ports will be the same color (black, green and pink[?]).

First, pull your speaker cable out of the soundblaster and plug it into the same color port near the mouse and keyboard ports. Then turn your machine back on and see if that makes any difference.

If you hear no sound at all, double check the connection first. Then you may actually have to physically pull the soundblaster out of the case for the onboard sound to work (it will depend on the mobo).

Give that a try and let us know.

I tried that, no sound. Had to put it back in the original green port at the very bottom, to get sound.

Don't know whether it's an issue of the sound card failing, a motherboard issue, or just not enough power getting through or something....because, regardless of sound, I still get those hiccups with the mouse.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

OK, lets make sure we understand each other. You did check around the back of the machine and found at least three sound ports in addition to the sound ports on the Soundblaster. That is correct?

You then pulled the sound cable out of the green port on the soundblaster and plugged it into the green port on the mobo. Is that correct?

You then turned the machine back on and there was no sound at all. Correct?

OK, here's what I would do next (but this sounds as if you may need some help with this). First, shut down the machine, pull the power cord out of the box and then open the box. Pull the sound cable out of the soundblaster and plug it into the green port on the mobo. Now, pull the sound card out of the box (you'll probably need a phillips head screwdriver for this). Once the card is out, plug the power cable back into the power supply and reboot. Do you have sound now? If you do, check and see if the mouse is still giving you problems.

If you have no sound then you'll have to go into the BIOS to activate the onboard sound. From what I've seen so far, you're probably going to want to get a friend to help you with that as it is very possibly to make your machine into a nice paperweight if you screw something up in the BIOS.

Let us know.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
maybe something with a flux capacitor

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Hobbam,

OK, lets make sure we understand each other. You did check around the back of the machine and found at least three sound ports in addition to the sound ports on the Soundblaster. That is correct?

You then pulled the sound cable out of the green port on the soundblaster and plugged it into the green port on the mobo. Is that correct?

You then turned the machine back on and there was no sound at all. Correct?

OK, here's what I would do next (but this sounds as if you may need some help with this). First, shut down the machine, pull the power cord out of the box and then open the box. Pull the sound cable out of the soundblaster and plug it into the green port on the mobo. Now, pull the sound card out of the box (you'll probably need a phillips head screwdriver for this). Once the card is out, plug the power cable back into the power supply and reboot. Do you have sound now? If you do, check and see if the mouse is still giving you problems.

If you have no sound then you'll have to go into the BIOS to activate the onboard sound. From what I've seen so far, you're probably going to want to get a friend to help you with that as it is very possibly to make your machine into a nice paperweight if you screw something up in the BIOS.

Let us know.

*- I have 4 ports at the very bottom of the back part of the desktop. Blue, Yellow, Green, Black. I have those same 4 colored ports in the middle of the back of the desktop where you would plug in your keyboard and mouse...along with a pink one.

*- I pulled the sound cable out of the bottom green port, after shutting down, and put it in the middle green port near the mouse. I turned on my computer and had NO sound. I even put it in the other ports and still got no sound. I shut down and put the cord back in the bottom green port and got sound again.

Those last two things you mentioned, sound like a lot to test, so that's probably gonna take some time, if there's nothing else, and if that's my last option really.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

*- I have 4 ports at the very bottom of the back part of the desktop. Blue, Yellow, Green, Black. I have those same 4 colored ports in the middle of the back of the desktop where you would plug in your keyboard and mouse...along with a pink one.

OK. More than likely (99.999%) these ports are on the sound card.

*- I pulled the sound cable out of the bottom green port, after shutting down, and put it in the middle green port near the mouse. I turned on my computer and had NO sound. I even put it in the other ports and still got no sound. I shut down and put the cord back in the bottom green port and got sound again.

These ports are on the motherboard and are currently disabled (because of the soundblaster). There are two ways to enable these ports but the Soundblaster will have to be removed before either will work.

The first is to shut the machine down, pull the power cable and then open the case. Find the sound card at the bottom and (depending on who made your machine) remove it. This usually just requires a phillips head screw driver.

But, and this is a big but, if you've never been inside a case before or removed a card, it is probably best to find a friend that has and have them show you how to do it. Make sure you watch them carefully. If you've seen it done once, you'll see you'll see how easy it really is. And soon you'll just start building your next machine. It really isn't rocket science (not even close).

Good luck.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Hobbam,

OK. More than likely (99.999%) these ports are on the sound card.

These ports are on the motherboard and are currently disabled (because of the soundblaster). There are two ways to enable these ports but the Soundblaster will have to be removed before either will work.

The first is to shut the machine down, pull the power cable and then open the case. Find the sound card at the bottom and (depending on who made your machine) remove it. This usually just requires a phillips head screw driver.

But, and this is a big but, if you've never been inside a case before or removed a card, it is probably best to find a friend that has and have them show you how to do it. Make sure you watch them carefully. If you've seen it done once, you'll see you'll see how easy it really is. And soon you'll just start building your next machine. It really isn't rocket science (not even close).

Good luck.

Just an update.

I had a phone conference with a tech from the manufacturer of my desktop. We changed a couple settings, cleaned out any temp or junk files using a CLEAN program, reinstalled my soundblaster codecs and software....I had to upgrade my winamp player.....so I'm testing all that right now, to see if I will still get the clicks and pops, etc, in my audio.

For whatever reason, the sound issue only effects winamp, youtube, real player, and flv files, ....as well as system sound (like when you get a ping when changing a system setting...the pops and clicks appear in that ping, etc)

So...I'm testing it now and hopefully that corrects the sound issue at least, and maybe the mouse halts, etc.....though I still think it might be a motherboard or power issue.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I had a tech, guide me through disabling my Intregrated Audio Sound Card....so my audio was just running through my Soundblaster card.....but after that, and some other adjustments....I still got the pops and clicks, when scrolling or whatever....and my mouse was jumping and halting.

Can I assume now that I need to replace my Mouse, Motherboard, Sound Cards, etc?

And would this be a virus. I've run Spybot, AVG, AD-aware, Hi-Jack This and have come up with nothing.

Should I try another spyware program to see if it's a spyware issue, which I'm not sure it is, but didn't know......or whether it's mostly a hardware issue???

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

Right now, we don't know what is causing the problem so what we need to do is narrow down the possible options that "could" be causing the problem.

My "guess" is that this is probably software related. But I can't be sure. So we have to take things one step at a time. Try something, see if that works, if it doesn't, try something else. The key here is to be very systematic.

So, it sounds to me like your exercise of disabling the onboard audio didn't tell you anything. What you need is to pull the Soundblaster out of the motherboard , enable the onboard audio through the BIOS, plug your sound system into the onboard video port and then see if that makes a difference. If the mouse stops doing the pops, clicking, etc.; then you know the Soundblaster was the problem so you can either get a new one or just continue to use the onboard audio. If there is no change at all, then we have a pretty good idea that the problem isn't the sound card. Then we move on to something else.

Let us know.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Checked the PIOtoDMA....but my settings were already set to DMA.

I was given 3 other options...which I will be checking tomorrow.

- Checking and flashing/upgrading the BIOS

- Check the Intel chipset, which had been a problem in the past.

- Check the audio issue, like you said, with pulling out the Soundblaster card, enabling the onboard audio, and testing that.

I hope one of these things fixes the issue or replacing the hardware, including the mouse....because after checking those 3 things, and possibly replacing the hardware..... I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the problem could be if it happens again.....because the audio pops and clicks, etc...and the mouse halting, happen at the exact same time, when it seems like the system is running heavy, even when there aren't really any programs running....or when scrolling.

So, I'll those options I mentioned and you mentioned, an update on the sitch soon.

Thanks.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

Something else to check. Have you installed or uninstalled any software just prior to the problem starting to occur?

If you installed something try uninstalling it and see if that corrects the problem.

I have a tendency to think that your mouse is not the cause of the problem (but it could be) as the problem appears system wide.

Let us know.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Working with my computer's manufacturer Tech Supervisor again today, some settings were changed, but I'll have to see whether they work or not.

Because....

A: If I keep the system on for a while, whether I'm working on something, running a single audio file and just scrolling the mouse........or just let the computer idle for a while and then play a file or youtube video or whatever...it will pop, skip etc.

B: I notice that when my audio pops and clicks or my mouse starts to lag or whatever....when I do a CRTL/ALT/DEL to bring up the task manager, I notice the CPU Usage is at or near 100%. It will then usually go down....but the pops and clicks, etc....continue...unless I completely stop using the computer, etc, for a while, and then it runs fine again.

C: SOmetimes when the computer is on for a long time, and it's in the cooling mode, where the system gets a little louder, because of the fan or whatever...sometimes the pops and clicks occur there.

Anyhow. On Monday....we were gonna try removing the Soundblaster card and go to onboard audio and see if that works.

If not....they keep saying it's a software issue, but I don't really know...but anyhow....

The Supervising Tech said that, if anything else, I would have to install my OS and run it parallel to my previous OS. I forgot how it was said, but, I would have two OS's going somewhat, or the new one would be going, but I would have to move everything over.

He said all my files and such, would remain intact and I wouldn't lose ANY of them, if I did this install....but I'm not sure.

But he said by doing this, I would have a clean OS, and any errors would be on the old OS, or whatever. I hope that made sense...but that was the last option give, if nothing else works.

Cause last night while playing a Youtube video, my audio was popping, mouse halting more than before, and then I noticed I was having Video playback problems as well....which was the first time I noticed it.

So, I don't know what all that means on top of the prior issues.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
UPDATE/EDIT: The pops and clicks and all that, came back, even after I did everything below the double line. I have NO IDEA now what is going on, or why it's continuing. The only thing I can guess, is that the motherboard....but primarily...the Intel Application Accelerator has been damaged, cuz it can't process the programs, etc, like it use to, and therefore, because it's damaged, it isn't allowing the programs to run right, or primarily, at their intended speed, etc....., causing the pops and clicks in the audio and the mouse halts, etc.

==============

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down and am coming closer to figuring this out.

I'm typing this on a different computer. But for the computer that I've been having all these issues with........I did a clean uninstall of my Wireless Adapter....then did a clean uninstall of my Primary Security program.

I have spent most of the day after doing those 2 uninstalls, trying to run my computer into the ground, to FORCE a pop, click, skip,.....mouse halt, etc, etc, etc.

NOTHING. Ever since I uninstalled those 2 programs, I haven't had a single problem with the audio or mouse, etc. I did everything I would usually do, which would result in a pop or click, mouse halt etc, only doubled it.....and after uninstalling those 2 programs.....again....I've had no problem at all.

1. For some time now, I've had problems with my Wireless Adapter. It's plugged into my USB....which is what it's suppose to be. Anyhow....for some time now....when I start up my computer, my Wireless Adapter wouldn't power on. The light to show Power was getting to the Adapter, wouldn't come on, nor the "link" light. I would have to unplug it, and then plug it back in, for the lights to come on and the computer to read it.

2. Throughout this whole thing, I've been getting possible conflicts with my Primary Security program....where...as an example...trying to shut down....wont complete...because the computer is trying to END TASK the "ccApp" file...which is part of the security program I have....but the "ccApp" could be causing the problems I've been having, since...because the computer wont shut down properly...I have to do a manual shutdown....but more so...if it's effecting Shut Down...it could be effecting the rest of my computer.

Solutions right now.

I'm going to buy a new Wireless Adapter tomorrow in case the one I have could be faulty. If I plug the new one in and test it, etc....and see that I'm not getting power to it, and it's also causing the pops and clicks, etc, to come back...then it's a hardware issue....maybe a power supply or motherboard issue or something...where power isn't getting to the right places, etc...which had been a problem in the past....or something.

If I don't have any issue with the new Wireless Adapter....I'm going to do a re-install of my primary security program. If I start to notice the pops and clicks, etc, AGAIN.......I will know it's not the Security Software.

I WILL KNOW that the system can't handle, primarily then, the security program and other programs and it comes down to a Motherboard/Intel Chipset/Intel Application Accelerator.

The Intel Application Accelerator is suppose to ENHANCE the processor, and the performance of the computer, including making sure the system runs right and can handle the programs, etc....just making everything run smooth. And as of late, my system hasn't...and has seemed to lag, which could cause the mouse to skip, system to run heavy, and getting the audio pops and clicks, etc.

Ever since I bought my computer...I've had problems with the Intel Chipset/Intel Application Accelerator. .....and if I'm right, and the two things I uninstalled, once reinstalled, and exhibit the problems again, I know for sure, that I need a new motherboard (which I'm assuming has the Intel Chipset built on it) and to reinstall the Intel Application Accelerator.....which "that" might have been damaged, when I had my motherboard replaced.

So THAT'S what I think could be the problems and possible solutions.

If anyone reading this, has any comments on it, or suggestions, etc, I would appreciate a second opinion on this new find/analysis.