• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

NHL hockey

Reverend James

Reaction score
Fuck, they did not play too great against the Czechs. Luongo looked horrible. Regehr can't find the puck, ever. They need to shape up or the Fins will eat them alive.

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Czech vs Canada game was damn close......all I can say is that I'm glad that Hasekl wasn't in the net or the final score would of been different

Reverend James

Reaction score
Yeah, Canada would have won by 5. Hasek is old and slow. Good pick-up Ottawa... how about getting a good young goalie and a POWER-WINGER?

coclarkson

Reaction score
a224.jpg

NHL puts its season in the deep freeze

National Hockey League owners confirmed Wednesday what hockey fans had been dreading for months: the NHL will begin locking out its players at 12:01 a.m. ET on Thursday. The two sides haven't come close to a new labor agreement, resulting in the NHL's first work stoppage in 10 years.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Yup, Bettman and Goodenow have had 10 years to hammer out a good deal and they "had relations with a canine" and left us in this position. Fucking over-paid crybabies, all of them (owners, players, mascots). I think that they should put a bunch of scab players on the ice. Fuck, I would jump at the chance to play one season and win the cup. You know that you could fill a league with a bunch of good talent who knows that they will never make it in real life. That would rock.

They didn't mind whoring out the Ref jobs when they walked out.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I've said it for the past couple years and suddenly it seems like the best idea.....

I say FUCK THE NHL! If Bettmans and the Americans want it, let them have it.

We'll take OUR cup (yes, the cup originally awarded to the CANADIAN champions by Lord Stanley) and we'll start our own league.

The CHL and all its sub-leagues, is way better hockey that the crappy NHL and all its watered down mass-marketed bullshit anyway.

Reverend James

Reaction score
I hear you, cman, I enjoy CHL games much better because they are playing for the right reasons. That is why it will rock if WHA2 gets off the ground enough to spawn a truly national league (the WHA will be a little weak in its current state). We have enough fucking talent just rotting in our 50 minor leagues to make a wicked pro league. Plus, if we focused in on certain aspects of "political favoritism" we could put the most talented players out there instead of the children of rich dudes how have connections. But that is a deeper argument.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yeah, the WHA would be cool (especially since we'd have a team here), but realistically its not going to happen.

Why is it not going to happen? They were supposed to play this season and don't even have any PLAYERS signed yet :roll:

We have a QMJHL team here and its pretty entertaining. Get to watch Sidney Crosby play (if you can manage to get a ticket for those games)

Reverend James

Reaction score
I had 3 cousins and several friends who played on the Mooseheads. They used to pack in 8000+ for reg season games, and then it grew to over 10,000 (I believe) when they revamped the Metro Centre. It used to sell-out occassionally back when it first started but I have been gone so fucking long I don't know what it is like now. I watched all of the big stars play there until 1995-96 season. It was good for the city and the fans since the AHL team shit the bed so much that they moved the team.

deathray

Reaction score
This lock out could be good for a few reasons. Bettman, the owners, the players can all go fuck themselves. When was the last time the average person could afford a pro game? What this lockout might do is encourage the couch potato to go down to the local rink and watch some excellent hockey. As a coach in my village, I've had the pleasure of watching some of the most exciting hockey from a bunch of 10 year olds going end to end for the love of the game.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Totally, deathray, some of the best games I have ever seen were pick-up games, on outdoor rinks, where everyone had some form of hockey background and were playing because they just wanted to do so.

I went to a Caps game when I was living in DC, it was the last reg season game, meant nothing, and was against the Leafs. It cost me $90 USD from a skeevy scalper at the MCI Center. Regular price was $65 USD for the lower bowl, which really is not too bad until you try to buy for the wife, a couple of kids, pop, chips, beer, souvenirs... and that is one of the cheaper rinks. You are right, fuck all of the rich pricks.

Gatorman

Reaction score
Surprised this thread wasn't revived to talk about the canceling of the season. Guess there isn't much interest in NHL hockey! My contribution.....
:lol:

23732.jpg

singhr

Reaction score
Gatorman said:
Surprised this thread wasn't revived to talk about the canceling of the season. Guess there isn't much interest in NHL hockey!

There really isn't much point talking about the cancellation of the season. It was basically a given and even if they didn't cancel the season, how many games would there have been? How would playoff births be decided? etc etc etc. I basically considered it cancelled a month ago.

$40 some million cap?? That's it?? And the NHLPA is complaning about that?? Man, the PA are all greedy fucks. If the propsed cap affected all the teams then I can see something to complain about. But a $40 million cap only affects like 3 or 4 teams who actually have payrolls over that amount.

Minor league hockey all the way. Where else can you pay $15 for front row tickets and get top notch hockey.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
from another thread

cman said:
People who refer to the NHL as "hockey" can FUCK OFF!

Meaning that there are 20 other leagues that are currently playing and much of the hockey is more entertaining and/or higher quality than the NHL anyway.

I say fuck the NHL. Million dollar crybabies.
they're spoiled. thats all it is. oooh i can't have a salary cap, i only make millions of dollars a year. then they use the defense that the lesser paid players ONLY make $500,000 or whatever the number is.

for fuck sake, i make $30,000 a year and i'm fine. in fact, i have a bunch left over. its ridiculous.

Gatorman

Reaction score
Right on cman, time to watch the 20 other hockey leagues (and a whole lot more lacrosse)!!! :lol:

hcliff69

Reaction score
cman said:
from another thread

they're spoiled. thats all it is. oooh i can't have a salary cap, i only make millions of dollars a year. then they use the defense that the lesser paid players ONLY make $500,000 or whatever the number is.

I agree that they make an incredible amount of money for playing a game but why shouldnt they get a piece of the pie. Why shouldnt they share in the financial gains of their game. i dont believe for one second that these owners are losing millions as they claim. Even if they do lose a couple of million a year when they sell the franchise they make a killing. Take for example red mccombs owner of minnesota vikings ( iknow its a different sport but same thing applies) he bought the viking in 1998 for less than $250 million and in 2005 sold for $625 million. Thats a gain of $375 million. Now lets say he lost $5 miilion a year that he owned them ( which he didnot) 7 years owned = 35 million for a total gain of $340 million in 7 short years. its not just the players that are greedy and spoiled the owners share as great a responsibility for killing hockey.

What they should do is agree that the owners and players will all make a little less and lower the damn prices for tickets refreshments etc etc so the average man can afford to take his family to more than a few games a year.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
hcliff69 said:
I agree that they make an incredible amount of money for playing a game but why shouldnt they get a piece of the pie.
I'm sorry, nothing personal, but thats also a bullshit argument.

If they didn't have to pay the players as much, then *hopefully* the tickets and merchandise and everything else wouldn't cost so much. In that case, there would be less revenues to be had and they would still earning the same size of "pie" that they are now, relatively speaking.

I realize its a pipe dream to expect them to lower the prices now, but had the salary never escalated to begin with, then neither would the tickets etc.

Also, if a team if in a position to either fold or move to a new city, they are probably losing more than "a couple million" as you say. The main issue for Canadian teams is the exchange rate between US and Canadian money. Its not that they can't afford the salaries, its that a $8 million USD salary is equivalent to $10 million CAD

Gatorman

Reaction score
But you know, it's just a form of entertainment and the actors/entertainers should get as much as the market can bear. Personally, I think it's a shame but that's the way the world is today! Period..........

war|forever

exp0sed samurai
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Everyone associated with the NHL (players & owners) are greedy fucking bastards full of bullshit. Neither side gives a shit about the fans that allow them to make their millions in the first place. As a matter of fact, this post is about to make it into the "PEOPLE WHO CAN FUCK OFF" thread... my submission: the entire NHL.

moxdevil

Reaction score
what about the little people who depend on these greedy fuckers. i'm talkiing about the hot dog sellers etc. entertainers are so fucking over-rated and as a consequence over paid. i blame our fucked up world for the need for such lame-assed entertainers. shit i'm going back into the woods to play my pipe who's joining me?