• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Microsoft Vista

adminone

Reaction score
Most newer systems made now based on Intel dual-core or AMD 64 processors are ready for Vista. The hardware requirements are pretty basic. However, if you want optimal performance, go with Intel 900 series processor, 1GB or more DDR2, and SATA II drives. Most mid-range to high-end graphics cards are more than enough to meet or exceed specs.

If you wait to buy a PC until later this Spring there will be opportunities to buy Windows XP with free upgrades to Vista. However, these upgrades are not optimal solutions. The full version Vista will be released in January 2007.

So go ahead and get a PC now with XP and buy a retail version of Vista next year.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Go ahead and buy your new computer now. It won't be out until the end of the year at the earliest. Also, based on Microsoft's history of delays, there's a good chance it won't even come out until next spring.

In addition to that, you never want to get a new OS right away because it will be full of bugs. The better time to upgrade is 6 months to 1 year after its been released and they've worked some of the kinks out.

Bottom line, get your new computer now, because its going be be at least another year for Vista.

mch81

Reaction score
Cman said:
Go ahead and buy your new computer now. It won't be out until the end of the year at the earliest. Also, based on Microsoft's history of delays, there's a good chance it won't even come out until next spring.

In addition to that, you never want to get a new OS right away because it will be full of bugs. The better time to upgrade is 6 months to 1 year after its been released and they've worked some of the kinks out.

Bottom line, get your new computer now, because its going be be at least another year for Vista.

Thanks for the input, I think I am going to buy my computer soon.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
based on Microsoft's history of delays, there's a good chance it won't even come out until next spring.

Exacxtly.

Cman said:
In addition to that, you never want to get a new OS right away because it will be full of bugs.

Couldn't agree more. From what I read, it's going to look better and search better. First thing I do with a new XP machine is turn off the eye candy any way and I never have trouble finding things. About the time Vista Service Pack 1 is out I'll need a new computer.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
If you want to know what Vista is going to be like, imagine the hell spawn offspring of OS X and XP. Thats basically it. Its going to be XP with and OS X skin.

Microsoft has always been secretly jealous of Apple and their cool looking OS' They stole the whole GUI desktop idea from Apple in the first place. Apple had a desktop in like 1985 and Microsoft didn't have it until 1995 (3.1 doesn't count)

Personally I'm not really that psyched about it, because I'm not a big bell and whistle kind of guy. It took me a long time just to get used to XP

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
I'm not a big bell and whistle kind of guy. It took me a long time just to get used to XP

Ya gotta admit now though, XP is absolutely rock solid compared to Win 9x. I'm reminded of how good it is every time I get on one of those old machines and have to reboot every damn time I make a move. I'm twisting these things every way I can all day and XP rarely hangs. It's full of holes, but it runs.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I guess I meant more in comparison to 2000, which is stable and virtually whistle-free (because it was made for business).

Sure XP is great now, but how long has it been out for? So that means Vista should be stable by 2010 :lol:

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
You're right. XP is prettier than 2000. That's it. Oh, and it has Sys Restore.

Click here for the latest PC World article on Vista Beta.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
If you don't believe my warnings, this is from PC World

"If Vista can live up to its promises, ship relatively bug-free, and smooth out this beta version's many rough edges, the OS may prove a worthy successor to Windows XP. Of course, that's a lot of ifs."

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about all the fancy special effects. Couldn't care less. Have been running NT versions since 3.51 (predecessor to 4.0, 2000, and then XP). Never had a machine that booted up with 95/98/Me. What a joke of an operating system!

Only major drawback to the old NT machines was the lack of a proper DirectX version to run any games. That didn't really come about until they released 2000, which sorta merged the core/stability of good old NT with the look/feel of 98/Me. NT did always have pretty early support for OpenGL though.

In any case, I wouldn't really hold my breath waiting for Vista. When has Microsux EVER shipped a bug-free version of anything? Specially an OS! Get your machine now with XP and when Vista comes out, use your current pc as a doorstop, bookend, paperweight, etc. Lol...

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Shouldn't you still be able to run 32 bit games and programs after the switch? I saw an article where microsoft is going to speed up the switch for alot of people by making the next PC expansion of Halo available to 64bit only.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duke,

You "should" be able to run any old 32 bit app with the first versions of the Win OS. They have always built in backward compatability. How well they run is the real question. Shoot. I still have a friend that is running Autocad r. 10 (I think thats 16 bit but may actually be 8 bit) with XP Home.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Min,

I know you've been around computers when you put quotation marks around the word "should" when you talk about what the damn things are going to do. Anyone who tells you what they're going to do is naive.

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
There have been compatibility problems between MS operatings systems in the past, for example, a game i used to play ages ago, C&C Red Alert the original, the the sequal would only install on windows 9x. It wouldn't install on any newer operatings systems until a few yrs ago when a patch had to be released so it could be run on newer operating systems, its a rare example but it does stress that things "should" work and not will work.

Dmoney

Reaction score
I don't really care about alot of stuff but what i am keen on is how it's gonna look and the graphics as well. I think that it's also going to be a 64bit OS so that should be nice!!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
blazin said:
There have been compatibility problems between MS operatings systems in the past, for example, a game i used to play ages ago, C&C Red Alert the original, the the sequal would only install on windows 9x. It wouldn't install on any newer operatings systems until a few yrs ago when a patch had to be released so it could be run on newer operating systems, its a rare example but it does stress that things "should" work and not will work.

blazin,

Did you ever try the "compatability" option on the apps exacutable? In order to get some older apps to work you sometimes have to futz around with that. But, in general, I think I've always been able to get some of that old crap to work......eventually.

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
Yea Min i've tried compat mode prior to the patch, it ran, but not very well. it took the patch to get that piece of software to work, basically yea eventually software will work on it....but eventually takes a while