• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Skip rapidshare counter with Firefox

Should we ban Rapidshare?

• Total voters

gatsby

Reaction score
Rapidshare Thread -- all problems, discussion, tips and hints

Firefox has a pretty cool new extension called Greasemonkey. With the extension you can add your own javascript code to specific sites. I have made a quick javascript hack to disable the counter of rapidshare.de. Rapidshare is often used on this forum for celeb movies. You still have to wait a few seconds but no longer a minute or more. Installation instructions are on the mozilla site.

This is the javascript file: http://rapidshare.de/files/1034529/rapidshare.user.js.html. Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Nice. Cool Idea. Havent check it out yet. I'll definately let you know what I think when I do. ;)

Onimusha

Reaction score
wow that's leet! i'm gonna dload greasemonkey and try it! thanks gatsby!

zergrush

Reaction score
didnt work for me, I got the script to load but it doesnt seem to do anything to rapidshare.

gan657a

Reaction score
helppppppp

wat do u do with the javascript file??? plz help sum1 ASAP!!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey gatsby,

The script seems to work OK at Rapidshare but it appears to have a major flaw. It's apparently disabled the Back button on the Firefox browser. Any suggestions?

Lg Hooker

Reaction score
ok now that fixed the back button problem but now i have no sound in firefox

The Chief

Reaction score
A quick "tip" I've come across in another board (for DSL connections) to get around the 20 MB/hour dl limit is to disconnect, delete your Rapidshare cookie, wait a few minutes, and connect again. This changes your IP, and gets rid of any evidence that you dl'ed anything from RS recently.

Last edited:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I've come across another problem.

I go to the site using the normal procedure and you do get to the download link faster. But I am then taken to another screen and have to use the Back button usually four times before the normal Save To window pops up. Maybe RS has already recognized the work around. I got rid of the script and all is working normally again. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

gatsby

Reaction score
mindido, did you only remove my script or did you also remove the greasemonkey extension to resolve your problem? Because everything works fine for me there is not much i can do about problems. The script itself is so short that it almost cannot be the cause of a bug. It seems that the greasemonkey extension is still a bit unstable for some users, perhaps because of combinations with other installed extensions.

As long as rapidshare is not using a server side timer there is not much that they can do about my script because it disables the javascript SetTimeout function.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey Gatsby,

Actually I've done a combination. Currently I have Greasemonkey installed with no extensions at all. I'll try reinstalling the script and see what happens.

OK. I reinstalled the script and tried RS. It worked fine the first time but went back to the same thing at the second attempt. I click on the RS link to DL the file and, instead of having the Save As window pop up, I'm off to another page where I have to click the Back button. I have to do this 4 times before the Save As dialog box comes up. Not sure why and this is the only extension and script I'm currently running.

Last edited:

BEaWNr

Reaction score
javascript

I found this javascript on http://readyouth.blogspot.com/2005/03/eliminate-rapidshare-countdown-feature.html and I saved it as a bookmark. Just use the bookmarkmanager to create a new bookmark, call it Reset Counters and copy and past the javascript to the location, this works good for me.
The javascript is all in one line without spaces.
javascript:var%20counta=0;var%20countb=0;var%20countc=0;var%20countd=0;var%20counte=0;var%20countf=0;var%20countg=0;var%20counth=0;var%20counti=0;var%20countj=0;var%20countk=0;var%20countl=0;var%20countm=0;var%20countn=0;var%20counto=0;var%20countp=0;var%20countq=0;var%20countr=0;var%20counts=0;var%20countt=0;var%20countu=0;var%20countv=0;var%20countw=0;var%20countx=0;var%20county=0;var%20countz=0;

hope someone can use this. beawnr.

Bea Arthur

Reaction score
BEaWNr said:
I found this javascript on http://readyouth.blogspot.com/2005/03/eliminate-rapidshare-countdown-feature.html and I saved it as a bookmark. Just use the bookmarkmanager to create a new bookmark, call it Reset Counters and copy and past the javascript to the location, this works good for me.
The javascript is all in one line without spaces.
javascript:var%20counta=0;var%20countb=0;var%20countc=0;var%20countd=0;var%20counte=0;var%20countf=0;var%20countg=0;var%20counth=0;var%20counti=0;var%20countj=0;var%20countk=0;var%20countl=0;var%20countm=0;var%20countn=0;var%20counto=0;var%20countp=0;var%20countq=0;var%20countr=0;var%20counts=0;var%20countt=0;var%20countu=0;var%20countv=0;var%20countw=0;var%20countx=0;var%20county=0;var%20countz=0;

hope someone can use this. beawnr.

yep, thats the one I use. Just enter it in the URL and hit enter and it works everytime...

gatsby

Reaction score
My own script can also be turned into a bookmarklet, but with greasemonkey it works automatically, which i prefer. The main disadvantage of the bookmarklet above is that it is very easy for rapidshare to disable. They only have to change the counta - countz into something else like count1 - count99999. But for now it works ok.

BEaWNr

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the responce. If the script stops working, I will have to look at the sourcecode of rapidshare's html file to see what they changed.

Beawnr.

war|forever

exp0sed samurai
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
This is the kind of innovation I can get behind. Good lookin' out.