• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Hunting

Brianwp

Reaction score
Hey, what say we have a thread on hunting? I think it's a good idea, since we've already pissed everybody off in the Gun Law thread..:D

So, whatever aspect of hunting you want to discuss..do it here. Like it, hate it, why do you hunt, is it ethical, or what do you hunt for, and how was your season? Whatever you like.

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I've gone hunting - photo hunting. Bunch of people with cameras. That's the only kind of hunting I like to do.

I don't judge here the "real" hunters. I believe it's nessecary to keep certain animals population under control.

What I don't understand is the hunting party's (rich people) who go out and kill for fun. Dumbasses.

I've never killed an animal and hopefully won't have to in the future.

Brianwp

Reaction score
I used to hunt with the camera in the off seasons myself. I just loved getting out there. I haven't actually hunted for a few years myself, not that I think it's wrong, I just don't have the desire like when I was younger. But when I did, I guess I was a "real" hunter. I never wasted a kill, if I killed it, I ate it. (Except for a fox or woodchuck, horse ranches hated them).

Brianwp

Reaction score
So, you English guys...what's hunting like over there? What do you go out for? I know I'd love to fly-fish in England, but I don't know much about the hunting.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Well, ok. I guess nobody hunts in England. Anyway...

Here in S.W. Georgia whitetail deer is the big game of choice, although we also have wild boar, or feral hogs, some of which can get huge. Some guy in a nearby town got one a few years ago that weighed over 1000 lbs. We have wild turkey, as well as ducks, mostly wood ducks, some mallards and geese. Dove season is big down here, as well as bobwhite quail. Only thing is, most of the quail are now hunted on game preserves, a rich man's sport. They're around, but have been really decimated by farming practices, as well as spraying herbicides and pesticides, which kill the eggs that the quail hide in hedgerows usually along the roadside where the herbicides are sprayed.

Of course we have cottontail rabbits and grey squirrels for small game. We also have fox squirrels in the many pine woods. Fox squirrels are quite larger than greys, and have several striking color combinations, as well as albinos.

Hunting is popular down here, but I truthfully can't always get used to it, being from the north. It's too hot down here..in deer season during the fall and winter, you usually start out with heavyish clothing in the early morning, only to be sweating by 11. If you kill a deer, and have a way to go back home, you usually have to skin and quarter it on site, so you can pack it into coolers to get it back home without spoiling. (Back in New Jersey I would kill a deer and just gut it and bring it home to hang in the garage for a week to bleed out and age before I'd take it to be butchered).

I can't remember offhand if it's legal, but once in a while somebody will take a gator. It's good eating, you can even buy frozen alligator meat at some stores. Hell, a couple of years ago a guy found one in the ditch right in front of my house! An 8 footer. Scared the crap out of the guy, he was just picking up bottles and leaned down to see the thing looking at him.:lol:

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Living in the greatest state in the union I get to hunt year round. Whitetails and birds in the fall/winter. Exotics in the spring/summer.

scoundrel

Reaction score
Well, ok. I guess nobody hunts in England. Anyway...
I don't hunt, the only things I have ever killed in anger are rats, mice and the like. I'm pretty cold blooded about that. But I have no access to firearms and no aptitude for fishing. I've always allowed others to kill my meat for me.

Having said this much, there's plenty of hunting in Britain. But there is precious little public land and most of that is forbidden to hunt on: turds in ermine enclosed the common land hundreds of years ago and turned commoners with hunting and pasture rights on the common land into a class of landless labourers who could be (and were) exploited to the height of His Lordship's power. This land became His Lordship's preserve and the commoner who tried to hunt on it was called a poacher and jailed, or flogged, or transported to Australia, or even hanged. Yes. Men were hanged for hunting His Lordship's deer, pheasants or grouse.

In order to understand the strong undercurrent of anti-hunting sentiment among the majority of Brits, you must appreciate how hunting was associated from the time of William the Conqueror (who drove God knows how many peasants off their land to create the New Forest) with the theft of the land by rich and powerful robber barons and their modern descendents. Hunting is not the recreation of the common man or woman. It is the recreation of the elite, who stole the common man's land to use for hunting. To this day we associate it, rightly or wrongly, with arrogant, public-school-educated snob bastards who should be bitch-slapped twice a day, every day, just to make everyone else feel better.

This gets dressed up in a smoke screen of ethical debate about cruelty to animals but mostly the hunting debate is an annex of our never ending and futile class warfare.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Hey, everybody, how ya doin?

About hunting...I'd like to explain why I felt attracted to it. In my early twenties I had a friend, born in Cuba but lived in the US since age 3 that got me interested in hunting. He showed me the ropes, and one day I went out alone. I shot my first male Chinese ringneck pheasant one day. As I stood in that field in New Jersey that day, I picked the pheasant up and examined it. It was unbelieveable. I couldn't believe the order, the profusion of colors and the mere beauty of the bird. I felt in awe of it. I also felt a bit of remorse, but as I put the bird in my vest, my thoughts immediately returned to the land before me.

It then occurred to me...I was experiencing a side of my human nature that I had never known before. Although my mind remained in the present, my spirit returned to a mode that had laid dormant in me..a spirit that was present in man since the first hunter/gatherers wandered this earth. As I walked on, the landscape was no longer just a pretty thing to look at...it became alive, I used it. My sight and hearing became more acute...the ground under my feet began to speak to me as it never had before. I was no longer just looking at my surroundings, I became a part of my surroundings!

I began seeing things I never noticed before. I started seeing signs, tracks, disturbances in the foliage that suddenly had a cause that I understood. Hunting had returned me to a primordial place where the rest of the world was completely blocked out, nature spoke to me, I was no longer a visitor, but one with my surroundings. Like they say..it's not the destination, but the journey. Or in this case, it's not the kill...it's the hunt. A bit exaggerated perhaps? Maybe, but you simply can't know until you experience it for yourself.

kycoalminer

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with hunting. I hunt but everything I kill I eat, thats the way it should be. dont kill something for a picture or a trophy and not eat it.