• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Chipset update

stu2906

Reaction score
Dear Tech-4

Once again i find myself in posssesion of of a new gadget. A Bluetooth 2.0 USB adaptor. When i tried to install it i could not. the company who make it sitecom.com say

"Please update the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Depending in the chipset you can find them on one of the following
sites:

For Nforce based motherboards : www.nvidia.com

For SiS based motherboards : www.sis.com

For Intel based motherboards : www.intel.com

for Via based motherboards : www.via.com.tw

For other motherboards i advise you to look on the website of the
manufacturer."

I run a pentium 4 processor and so i assume i should go to intels site. so i did that and i got a list of different stuff i could get for different chips.

So how do i know what my exact processor is?? and what does this all mean anyway??

Cheers

Stu

PS I will probably ask another stupid question very very soon.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Stu,

The only way that I know of to check your mobo is to actually inspect it physically. That means you'll have to open the lid and look for the name of the manufacturer and the number of the board. To update the mobo drivers, you must get the number precisely, don't guess.

Sometimes, some manufacturers will keep track of the mobos they used in certain models but I wouldn't rely on that as trying to flash a mobo with the wrong drivers would probably make the mobo a good doorstop. Best to just open the case and look for the name and number. Let us know if you have any problems. Which is possible as some mobos don't have a name on them. Then you'll have to look for another number.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Stu,

The chipset is all the smaller chips you see on your mobo that make the CPU and the rest of the mobo resources work together. It's kind of the "guts" of the mobo.

That error your getting may more may not be sending you in the right direction. I know to get the built in bluetooth to work on my ThinkPad, the first thing I had to do was uninstall the Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator, then go to some great pains to make sure it didn't install again. I went to a ThinkPad forum and they told me how.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

I guess I was assuming he was talking about installing this in a desktop. If he has a laptop, and needs the mobo info, he's in for some real fun.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Min,

Was just using mine as an example. It's the only Bluetooth I've set up and it was more overhead than it should have been.

stu2906

Reaction score
I opened up my desktop and got the info. installed and all that shit but guess what.

yep still get the same fucking message. i have emailed sitecom for a fix. i hope they can tell me something. i don't think i have a bluetooth emulator, but i'm not sure . how do i check?

i'm not going to buy anything else for my computer ever.

stu

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
stu2906 said:
I opened up my desktop and got the info. installed and all that shit but guess what.

yep still get the same fucking message. i have emailed sitecom for a fix. i hope they can tell me something. i don't think i have a bluetooth emulator, but i'm not sure . how do i check?

Stu,

OK, let me get this straight. You cracked the case, found the mobo mfg. name and number (btw, which one was it?), went to the mfg's site and downloaded the updated drivers and then installed the mobo drivers. And everything went OK. Is that accurate?

Also, are you putting in a card or is the bluetooth device plugged in via USB?

stu

C'mon Stu, you've just entered the great unknown of working with these blasted machines. Which would you rather do; pay someone $100 per hour or spend a little time and get this figured out? Its usually well worth it to just get it figured out (even though they are infernal machines).

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
stu2906 said:
stu

That's a lie.

stu2906 said:
i don't think i have a bluetooth emulator, but i'm not sure . how do i check?

Stu don't listen to me unless you trust someone who has set up one (1) bluetooth on one (1) ThinkPad. All I know is that on the ThinkPad forum they told me how to do it. I had to remove the Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator. You find it by right clicking on My Computer, then left click properties. Then you click the hardware tab, then Device Manager and you get a screen like this one. The MS Emulator will be under bluetooth. That was part of the fix for mine, but I really don't know if that is a problem on all of them.

EDIT: I just checked sitecom.com. They give very little help there. And if you have a BYOPC you really don't have much of anywhere to get help on your system either. I don't know what to tell you Stu.

stu2906

Reaction score
Right, I'm installing a USB blutooth devide (what the fuck happened to plug and play) from sitecom.com

http://www.sitecom.com/product.php?...roductcode=CN-521&productid=364&subgroupid=22

I checked the info out and i've got this (on the big black intel chip):

FW82801EB

so i looked on the intel site and using that information found a utility that let me get this:

So i found the download, saved it and ran it.

then i got nothing, no reboot etc...

Incidentally HP say i ahve a different one but nothing i have seen leads me to believe them. the specs are just a little different.

so i used intel again to see what was what and it said to check the registry and if it said success then bingo

so now i know all that but really have absolutely no idea what it means. i have nothing in the bluetooth section of my hardware

my bluetooth does not install and i am really really confused.

Cheers guys.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
stu,

Is there any possibility that you can return the USB device and just get a PCI card to install? The problem with USB devices are that they can bring another level of difficulty to an install (on some stuff, first you have to install one set of drivers followed by installing additional drivers). I've never done a bluetooth USB install but I've done other USB devices and they can be a real pain. I have installed quite a few wireless cards and they're no big deal at all. Why don't you look at some of the Netgear stuff. I've found that they have the best sensitivity and fairly simple installs.

It "sounds" like you've done everything correctly so far although I'm somewhat suspicious of your number. So its an Intel FW82801EB mobo?

After doing a little research, I don't think you have the right mobo. According to this site:

http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/BC875PLG/BC875PLG.htm

The Intel FW82801EB is just the audio chipset. So you updated the onboard audio drivers but nothing else. That would explain getting the same message. Look for a name like Asus, Gigabyte or something like that. It should be in pretty large letters and on the mobo itself, not on any chips. It may be best just to write down everything you find and let us know.

We'll get this bugger, one way or the other. But, if possible, a PCI card would probably be easier.

stu2906

Reaction score

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Stu,

Now I remember, again, why exactly I build my own machines. It looks like HP hasn't changed much over the years. They deliberately hide the important stuff and make it difficult to find what you need. What BS!

Anyway Stu, if your certain that you want to continue with the USB install, before going one step further, BACK UP EVERYTHING OF VALUE TO YOU! Your email, bookmarks and all files of value MUST be backed up before you do anything else! Why? I did a little checking on your mobo and came up with some interesting info:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_21070208.html

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/f...l?board=general;action=display;num=1083474499

Lastly, a PCI card is a device that you fit into one of the PCI slots on your mobo. You'll know them as, on your board, there are four slots that point like an arrow to the back of your machine. You then have covers that have been screwed into the back of the case. To put a card in; crack the case, look for the PCI slots (hopefully you have at least one open), unscrew the small phillips head screw that covers the opening, gently stick the card into the slot and make sure its completely seated, put the screw back in and screw it down.

The only real question is that sometimes the software must be installed prior to the card being installed, but they'll tell you that in the instructions. There are usually not a lot of problems with this.

I did a very quick look on the net for PCI bluetooth and they are made (although Netgear doesn't appear to make them). Maybe try a Linksys. I've played around with they're wireless cards and they're pretty good. Not as good as the Netgear but we're talking bluetooth so distance is not a big consideration.

Good luck.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
stu2906 said:

stu

less than 5 hours later.....

stu2906 said:
But a PCI card sounds good...erm what exactly is a PCI card. does it bluetooth to things?

Alright. Enough giving Stu shit.

I got curious about this so did some poking around. Your sitecom uses the same Widcom drivers as my built-in IBM bluetooth. Must be the company that makes the chip that runs it.

At any rate, I also read the directions at sitecom and they tell you to install the drivers before you plug in the USB bluetooth. And that's why I had to go through the steps I did to make my IBM (using the same Widcom drivers) work too. Check these two Microsoft articles. They tell you how to uninstall the Microsoft drivers that automatically install if you plug in the USB bluetooth without installing the third party drivers first (the sitecom disk and its Widcom driver).

Remember to use IE, your in Microsoft-land now....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555210/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840635/en-us

I think you do the uninstall these articles describe...esp the second article, then reboot, then install the sitecom disk, then plug in the USB.

Last edited:

stu2906

Reaction score
Preferred User said:
less than 5 hours later.....

Alright. Enough giving Stu shit.

Please give me more shit. it will teach me to buy new toys. cheers for the help i will try this out tonight.