• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Opera vs. Firefox

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I haven't used the newest version of Opera, so I can't comment about it, but I do know that Opera used to suck pretty hard and it wouldnt display pages properly.

This might not matter to surfers, but to webmasters this sort of things pisses us off to no end. Its incredibly difficult to make your site look the same in all different browers. Firefox is generally the best as far as interpreting code correctly.

So, although I dont have a lot of Opera experience, I will assume that Firefox is much better.

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
i used to use opera and it def had great load times, but as cman said...it didn't always load pages properly and they'd look a lil funny. i've yet to try the new opera, but at this point i'm happy with firefox and see no need to switch again

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gator,

I also haven't used Opera in years (why pay for something when you can get its equal (at least) for free?). The graph does seem to indicate that Opera has some speed advantages but I wonder about security.

Buttlover64

Reaction score
By the way,Opera is now free.I use both,but Opera is the one I utilise the most.

Gatorman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I saw Opera (version 9) at my buddy's house and it seemed like it loaded alot faster than Firefox. He told me that it was free and likes it better......

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
who cares whats faster. if you have a new-ish computer and a decent net connection, does it really matter about speed?

i would rather a program that works right and displays websites and content properly.

Gatorman

Reaction score
Cman said:
who cares whats faster. if you have a new-ish computer and a decent net connection, does it really matter about speed?

i would rather a program that works right and displays websites and content properly.

I agree with you and that's what I'm trying to figure out. Does the newest version of Opera display sites and contents properly?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gator,

Well, since its now free, I'll give it a shot. Now just have to go get it.

Gatorman

Reaction score
mindido said:
Gator,

Well, since its now free, I'll give it a shot. Now just have to go get it.

Thanks. Run it thru the paces and tell us what you think..... :)

CASTOR :::

Here's Johnny
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i'm using (i like) Maxthon.
Hybrid of Opera and IE.

:)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Gator,

Just a few quick observations. Opera is definitely faster than Firefox. No question there. But I haven't figured out a way to display my Bookmarks Toolbar and some of their "widgets" aren't very good.

For instance, I always use Firefox's "No Script" extension and like it (although its probably not for the faint of heart). I also checked for a weather display and the ones that work are in another language so of no use to me.

And so far all of the web pages I've been to seem to have displayed properly.

Just a few observations.

kicks

Reaction score
I use both. But what I really like about firefox are add-ons which opera don't have

Epc525

Reaction score
Internet Explorer

I'll be waiting for the hater-aid
I use it everyday and have never had a problem. Most programs don't have problems the problem is the people using them.

individualism01

Reaction score
I prefer firefox, L like the extensions. my favorite extension is the imglike opera extension.

Onimusha

Reaction score
i prefer the latest Opera. you can close it and when you open it the next day all your tabs are still there. also happens if ever the browser crashes.